Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Hate Twitter ! :floorlaugh:

Well, that is done for the weekend. Hopefully I didn't mess up the summary points too badly. Sorry I couldn't be more useful, posting tweets and stuff.
I swear, by the end of this, I am going to be near fluent reading French. While I wasn't using the French tweets for the points I typed out, I have been reading them. They're starting to make sense now!

And Magnotta must be mortified by his weight gain (and everybody noticing). That stupid ugly striped tank top won't fit him now, from the sound of it!

I think having daily summary points is a really good idea.

BBM Don't forget the 'bad make-up' :lol:

So that profile picture was put on January 19th 2012 ?

Further to what we were saying about The Sun uk not being a reputable newspaper... Here's their coverage of their journalist Alex West's testimony. Completely innacurate and sensationalised, typical of The Sun.

sun luka cannibal.jpg

If this Emile Lacroix person is Mr. X, it may be possible that he himself told Jun Lin about Luka Magnotta

The entire facebook account seems off to me...one there is only 10 friends. Two, the last ever activity was 2012. Then again, the guy in the profile pic has a much larger face than Mr. X, but it doesn't mean he could have lost weight

If this Emile Lacroix person is Mr. X, it may be possible that he himself told Jun Lin about Luka Magnotta

The entire facebook account seems off to me...one there is only 10 friends. Two, the last ever activity was 2012. Then again, the guy in the profile pic has a much larger face than Mr. X, but it doesn't mean he could have lost weight

Yeah, I'm thinking that it's one of LM's fake profiles, not a real profile of Emile Lacroix. Emile Lacroix probably doesn't even exist. :moo:

Oh, btw...
:welcome4: :welcome2:

Nice to have some more people posting here! :) I think this is an intriguing crime, and it got loads of press coverage when LM was on the run, but most people seem to have lost interest now. Looking forward to discussing the case with you :)

Does anyone else feel like the defence is definitely going to suggest the a 2nd person was involved? Something about the way the defence attorney was questioning the cop about how the pictures could have been taken and the cop suggested the camera had a timer... also the fire escape questions earlier on.

Is it in any way possible Mr. X was an accomplice and volunteered to be drugged to see if it would work? I know these are HUGE stretches... but I'm beginning to think anything is possible.

I really don't think there was anyone else involved... I think Mr. X would have to be very stupid to volunteer to be drugged, bound and having LM sitting on him with an electric saw!! Unless they found each other on a website where people volunteer to be killed - it has happened in a handful of cases before, like with Armin Meiwes (his victim volunteered to be killed and eaten). Pretty unlikely, though...

I think the defence is trying to put a seed of doubt in the minds of the jurors that LM worked alone, but I really don't think he's going to pull out evidence that someone else was there. Some people are saying that there was definitely an accomplice in the video, but they would have been seen on CCTV entering and exiting the apartment. Unless the apartment has a fire escape or something, where someone could get in and out without being seen?
:thinking:

Further to what we were saying about The Sun uk not being a reputable newspaper... Here's their coverage of their journalist Alex West's testimony. Completely innacurate and sensationalised, typical of The Sun.

What ...... Completely Innacurate ? Sensationalised ? The Sun ? Never

SunStarr390-6331.jpg

I really don't think there was anyone else involved... I think Mr. X would have to be very stupid to volunteer to be drugged, bound and having LM sitting on him with an electric saw!! Unless they found each other on a website where people volunteer to be killed - it has happened in a handful of cases before, like with Armin Meiwes (his victim volunteered to be killed and eaten). Pretty unlikely, though...

I think the defence is trying to put a seed of doubt in the minds of the jurors that LM worked alone, but I really don't think he's going to pull out evidence that someone else was there. Some people are saying that there was definitely an accomplice in the video, but they would have been seen on CCTV entering and exiting the apartment. Unless the apartment has a fire escape or something, where someone could get in and out without being seen?
:thinking:
Might have been why the defence was asking about the balcony.

Thanks for posting up the info from the tweets today everyone. I forgot to post last night that I'd be out for the day again. [modsnip]

MOO

Long time no posts for me here haha. Followed this case since it first popped in the news and became a member on this forum since he was still on the run. And until the end I shall stick to this case. Thanks to all of you for all the updates and twitters so I can keep on track in this trial!

Some of you were asking when LM actually moved to Montreal right? This is what we have sleuthed back in the day:
He was/lived in Montreal in May 2011, however it is unknown for how long nor when he first got there. But it is known that he lived in the Point St Charles Area. He "reappeared" in Montreal in January 2012 ( after he visited London ) also in the Point St Charles Area. He left that area in Febuary and went to 5720 Decarie, since the landlord told in an interview that LM had lived there for about 4 months.

Hope that make sense somehow. I do appoligize that i cannot provide any links at this point to arcticles, to interviews etc etc. But all this info can be found back on this forum, but it is quite the search.

As for the whole Emile Lacroix picture thingie... Nope it aint him. Mister X has no chin, styled eyebrows and different hair texture that the "EL"picture on facebook. I do think that Mister X is still alive and must be found by LE asap! I think he can play a vital role in this case in regards to LMs' modus operandi. How did they meet ( maybe a link to JL )? Was there any consent? ( drugging ) Taking pictures/videos with consent? Contact after the last known images from cctv? What topics were adressed? Third person involved?

Since we know there wasn't any ( clear to us at this point ) connection or contact between JL and LM, he could be a very important witness to shine some light on this matter.

If you want to talk about and/or sleuth EL - I need an MSM/LE link showing how she is connected to the case please. For now, I have removed that conversation.

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members