MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all think LE has something else they are holding back? Like a minor identifying mark or article of clothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been two things that are driving me nuts. Its easy enough to come up with ideas about how she got there, but not why. It just doesn't make sense if she died naturally, but from what they've said it doesn't sound like a murder or accident either (other than with some kind of drugs or poisoning they haven't found yet.) I really think it will be a lot easier to figure out why she's there, and maybe where she came from once a COD is known.

The main scenario for me right now is that the girl died of natural causes or accidental poisoning, the (single) mother was too grief stricken, and possibly too poor, to deal with funeral arrangements, so she put her in the bag ith her favorite blanket, took her in the water and drowned herself. I know it's not likely because her body would probably have also been found by now if it had happened that way, but there is always a chance that she was swept off in a different direction.

I know - extremely unlikely, but I'd like to think she died feeling loved until I know otherwise.

MOO

I just have no ideas. No thoughts on how to search. I feel so incredibly helpless here, it's a terrible feeling. I just keep checking in and hoping for another smidge of info that may give us some renewed hope. Sleuthers sleuth, it's just what we do, it's what helps the crazy and scary. But there is nothing here left to sleuth so me and I'm sure so many of you are just left feeling...helpless.

Another scenario that would make sense to me is if a hired caretaker caused the girl's death while the family was away. Most nannies around here are from other countries and I can picture a woman who hadn't really cared in the first place just leaving the body somewhere before heading back to her own country. If the family is still away, that might explain why they don't seem aware the child is missing.

Do you all think LE has something else they are holding back? Like a minor identifying mark or article of clothing?

With how advanced forensics have become. Would it really be necessary to withhold unique markings on the child? I mean if someone comes forward saying it's I'm certain she's so and so. LE goes to so and so's house and gets a hairbrush and cross checks DNA. Right? Is there really a reason to withhold? Just curious.

I just have no ideas. No thoughts on how to search. I feel so incredibly helpless here, it's a terrible feeling. I just keep checking in and hoping for another smidge of info that may give us some renewed hope. Sleuthers sleuth, it's just what we do, it's what helps the crazy and scary. But there is nothing here left to sleuth so me and I'm sure so many of you are just left feeling...helpless.

I completely agree with you. It's heartbreaking coming back to this day after day and not finding anything new. Seeing her face and not being able to help her.

Personal feeling is that her death was either accidental or natural, and her mother/parents are either illegal or otherwise "outsiders" - and the parents "community" knows what happened and is keeping quiet.

But SOMEONE eventually would crack. I don't care how illegal you are. Wellllll....maybe not if it was accidental. Maybe in their minds they're able to justify it by saying "we will be deported if we go forward now, and no one committed a crime/no murder/no neglect/no abuse". But why not bury her if this were the case? It's really strange that she was put on the beach. Unless they thought she'd drift out to sea never to be found?

My theory is that it was an accidental death. I think it was most likely a caretaker who was with her and someone else helped them dispose of the body. That would explain the love of leaving her blanket and the careless attitude of dumping her off. Someone thought they'd get into trouble. At first I though a babysitter, but in that case her parents would file a missing person's report. So I'm left to think it's her parent/s.

I would also like to know what type of earrings she was wearing. Are they expensive, cheap, what?

I think she was loved and cared for, I don't know why I think that. Maybe it's hope?

My opinion only - someone seems to have cared for this child. Ears pierced, no obvious ( reported) signs of neglect or abuse, the inclusion of the blanket. My new brother-in-law made a comment over the weekend (about a totally unrelated topic) that "just because it's in a trash bag doesn't mean it's trash." Maybe the bag was more so protection against the water, especially if we go with placed vs washed ashore. I'm leaning towards unintentional/accidental death that parent (mom?) can't report for some reason. Takes care to wrap little one with her blankey and leave her somewhere secluded enough to do so safely but visible enough to be found. Possible Deer Island holds positive memories for said parent - localish, lived in area but since moved away or vacationed there. I can't see them driving terribly far with dead body so I'm inclined to think fairly close by.

I like your thinking and I'm with your brother that the bag was more of a way to protect her from the elements and for the mother or caretaker to not have to FACE her dead baby. If it was her mother, I don't think she intended for the bag to wash ashore. I think she thought and hoped it would drift out to sea never to be found.

My theory is that it was an accidental death. I think it was most likely a caretaker who was with her and someone else helped them dispose of the body. That would explain the love of leaving her blanket and the careless attitude of dumping her off. Someone thought they'd get into trouble. At first I though a babysitter, but in that case her parents would file a missing person's report. So I'm left to think it's her parent/s.

I would also like to know what type of earrings she was wearing. Are they expensive, cheap, what?

I think she was loved and cared for, I don't know why I think that. Maybe it's hope?

I don't think she was actually wearing earrings. I think the artist took note of piercings after the rushed image was already released to the public. Otherwise, I'm thinking the artist would not have left out the earrings and/or they would have said "she was wearing earrings" rather than "her ears are pierced"

I am so sad we are on thread #2 without a name.

But my ideas on how she passed are slightly different. I do not believe that she was placed there by a female caretaker (don't know why just don't), I feel like the blanket being included was the act of trying to rid themselves of any and all evidence. Second, I think someone at the plant knows who this child is. Has there been any recent layoffs, or abrupt employee who quit for no real reason? Have they in depth looked at any and all employees? Might be barking up the wrong tree, I am more than willing to say that. But To get to the point, I think it was an angry father and/or boyfriend. Left the girl in the car (accident or purpose) got off work she was dead, drop her there with all evidence and move along?

I am just at a major loss with this one. My heart wants to say it was a mother, she found her dead, couldn't bring herself to call authorities and asked someone to help her. The body is disposed of and the only two people who know aren't talking. It's just unthinkable.

With how advanced forensics have become. Would it really be necessary to withhold unique markings on the child? I mean if someone comes forward saying it's I'm certain she's so and so. LE goes to so and so's house and gets a hairbrush and cross checks DNA. Right? Is there really a reason to withhold? Just curious.

Only reason I could think is, what they have released so far is generic enough that they would have tons of people come forward with leads that they could "quietly" check them out and check them off the list. A definitive descriptor would probably scare the person who committed the crime away by making them think LE is onto them, or revealing them as the person who committed the crime to people who would know of such markings or special shirts or whatever. This way the police are getting tips but not showing their hand. I mean, aside from putting this baby to rest of course, the ultimate goal is to see that justice is done, right?

Purely based on nothing scientific. Just a guess and MOO.

I was wondering where exactly the body was found on the island so I did some investigating. Here is a screen shot from WBZ Boston, the white object is little Doe's body covered with a sheet :(. Notice the park bench/sitting area in the upper left corner:

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 10.16.15 PM.jpg

Using this as well as other images, I was able to pinpoint the area on Google map (image is "upside down" with the sea on the right, I did this to match to the media's image). The pink X shows approximate location of her body:

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 10.06.25 PM.jpg

This Google image is zoomed out and flipped back around so that the sea is on the correct side (left of the island):

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 10.59.05 PM.jpg

And zoomed out even further...

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 10.09.12 PM.jpg

I hope the images and pink X's show up well enough, sorry in advance if there are any issues! As you can see, if Doe was placed on the beach as opposed to washing up on shore, the person did not walk/drive very far into the island to do so.

I don't think she was actually wearing earrings. I think the artist took note of piercings after the rushed image was already released to the public. Otherwise, I'm thinking the artist would not have left out the earrings and/or they would have said "she was wearing earrings" rather than "her ears are pierced"
W
I personally was going by the wording "the tiny earrings were added" I assumed this detail meant they actually saw earrings. Probably journalistic license though so you are more than likely correct.

I'm just hung up on the scenario.

Your child refuses to eat breakfast so as a frazzled, single, busy mom, you snap. The mom would probably strike the child, push the child down, something done in a fit of anger that wasn't intended to kill but did. But no obvious signs of trauma, right? Strike 1.

You accidentally leave your child in a hot car. Is your first inclination to hide the body or get help?

You are a prostitute who has to have your child with you. In the hands of a john or pimp, Baby Doe would not be treated in this manner IMO.

Maybe you're a junkie and you have a record a mile long. Maybe you've got warrants or priors. Baby Doe accidentally got into some of your junk and you don't want to get caught. But wouldn't heroin, meth, coke come up when tested for poisons? I feel like if the tests done so far don't look at those specifically, this is the most feasible scenario I can concoct.

Scenarios 1,3, abd 4 are possible but I'm doubting 2 from reading waaaaay more than I should have on hot car deaths. It's actually a really horrid way to die with a lot of evidence left behind - especially from a 4 year old. Their is a great struggle that takes place to get out. Many year their hair out near right before death. Awful. I know. That's one of the worst details. I won't dive into the rest. But I've read up on this type of death after that dad purposefully left his kid in the car😡😤😡😤

The autopsy reports are very disturbing. So I'm certain COD isn't hot car.

Oh. Picturing a child in their carseat just made me think of carbon monoxide poisoning. Could the mom have left her in the running car because she had fallen asleep. She goes inside and does a load of laundry or the dishes etc. Goes back to check on baby doe while noticing she accidentally closed the garage door, thus baby doe is dead from carbon monoxide poisoning??? I never hear of this really happening, so it seems more like an old wives tale to me. But maybe it happens??

Only reason I could think is, what they have released so far is generic enough that they would have tons of people come forward with leads that they could "quietly" check them out and check them off the list. A definitive descriptor would probably scare the person who committed the crime away by making them think LE is onto them, or revealing them as the person who committed the crime to people who would know of such markings or special shirts or whatever. This way the police are getting tips but not showing their hand. I mean, aside from putting this baby to rest of course, the ultimate goal is to see that justice is done, right?

Purely based on nothing scientific. Just a guess and MOO.

Good point ohio mom. Their ultimate goal is justice. They must not want to scare them off.

Scenarios 1,3, abd 4 are possible but I'm doubting 2 from reading waaaaay more than I should have on hot car deaths. It's actually a really horrid way to die with a lot of evidence left behind - especially from a 4 year old. Their is a great struggle that takes place to get out. Many year their hair out near right before death. Awful. I know. That's one of the worst details. I won't dive into the rest. But I've read up on this type of death after that dad purposefully left his kid in the car��������

The autopsy reports are very disturbing. So I'm certain COD isn't hot car.

Oh. Picturing a child in their carseat just made me think of carbon monoxide poisoning. Could the mom have left her in the running car because she had fallen asleep. She goes inside and does a load of laundry or the dishes etc. Goes back to check on baby doe while noticing she accidentally closed the garage door, thus baby doe is dead from carbon monoxide poisoning??? I never hear of this really happening, so it seems more like an old wives tale to me. But maybe it happens??

Right. I was disputing the car because it has been brought up here and I don't buy it. Actually I was saying it likely wouldn't be any of these except the last one. Too many things can be ruled out by what LE has released.

I was wondering where exactly the body was found on the island so I did some investigating. Here is a screen shot from WBZ Boston, the white object is little Doe's body covered with a sheet :(. Notice the park bench/sitting area in the upper left corner:

View attachment 78215

Using this as well as other images, I was able to pinpoint the area on Google map (image is "upside down" with the sea on the right, I did this to match to the media's image). The pink X shows approximate location of her body:

View attachment 78216

This Google image is zoomed out and flipped back around so that the sea is on the correct side (left of the island):

View attachment 78217

And zoomed out even further...

View attachment 78218

I hope the images and pink X's show up well enough, sorry in advance if there are any issues! As you can see, if Doe was placed on the beach as opposed to washing up on shore, the person did not walk/drive very far into the island to do so.

Good job july ruby. If you zoom in on the image with the sheet, you'll notice a brown seaweed/foam line. I Recall reading that the tide on the island goes up a LOT at night. So I'm thinking that foam line is the foam from the edge of water at night. Mom or whomever left her probably wading out to a little past where the sheet is which would have been water at night. They thought she'd go out to sea, but if it was really late at night, they didn't think about how soon the tide would go back out. Thus the bag basically just ended up sort of bobbing up and down in place and stayed ashore as the ride went out to sea with morning. The woman goes out to walk her dog at 1pm. Her dog freaks over the bag and the rest we know.....

This is my theory on the placement of the bag. Surely Whoever did this didn't want her to be found

Right. I was disputing the car because it has been brought up here and I don't buy it. Actually I was saying it likely wouldn't be any of these except the last one. Too many things can be ruled out by what LE has released.

What do you think about Co2 poisoning? Not likely? Would the toxicology already have revealed that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member