MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you JulyRuby for the images. I tried to do that yesterday and couldn't find the right photos. I wonder if there was anything found at the scene - footprints - is it pebbled sand or more fine? Drag marks? How far would someone have to carry 30 pounds? I just wish more info would be released but I guess when they're just trying to identify her, the rest will come out later.

Carbon monoxide poisoning leaves signs that would be obvious at the autopsy.

Oh. Good to know. I thought you just passed out then died of suffocation. I don't know anything about it--just remember hearing it was a "painless" suicide method by a crazy guy I dated. He told me his dad killed himself this way. He also told me his dad was in the mafia. Furthermore that he was in medschool. Turns out he was just a pathological liar. Dad was not dead, not in the mafia, and the guy was not in medschool--his best friend was. He wasn't in school at all, however--go figure. Oh yea, my dumb 19 year old self ate it all up for about 6 weeks until I started meeting people who knew him. His guy friends never wanted to blow his cover which has always disturbed me.

Annnnyway, back to co2 poisoning- so we can rule that out?

It leaves the skin on the face (and maybe all over?) bright red. I had a friend who killed herself that way. Running car in a closed garage. She looked like she'd just come in from a day at the beach without sunscreen.

Thank you JulyRuby for the images. I tried to do that yesterday and couldn't find the right photos. I wonder if there was anything found at the scene - footprints - is it pebbled sand or more fine? Drag marks? How far would someone have to carry 30 pounds? I just wish more info would be released but I guess when they're just trying to identify her, the rest will come out later.

Where the park bench is....is that a road for cars or a biking trail. Could a car drive to that park bench. I'm assuming a bike trail since there's a bench, but if a car could easily drive to that trail then I'm guessing they drive to the area by the bench then carried her to the shore. But if a car couldn't get there easily, where would the nearest point be for a car to go before putting her body on the shoreline at hightide?

It leaves the skin on the face (and maybe all over?) bright red. I had a friend who killed herself that way. Running car in a closed garage. She looked like she'd just come in from a day at the beach without sunscreen.

Sorry for your loss :(

Good to know about how the body reacts, however.

Are there cameras anywhere near the entrance to the island? I'm sure there are at the plant but they probably wouldn't show anything relevant, but you never know. Surely LE ckd all cameras??

Good job july ruby. If you zoom in on the image with the sheet, you'll notice a brown seaweed/foam line. I Recall reading that the tide on the island goes up a LOT at night. So I'm thinking that foam line is the foam from the edge of water at night. Mom or whomever left her probably wading out to a little past where the sheet is which would have been water at night. They thought she'd go out to sea, but if it was really late at night, they didn't think about how soon the tide would go back out. Thus the bag basically just ended up sort of bobbing up and down in place and stayed ashore as the ride went out to sea with morning. The woman goes out to walk her dog at 1pm. Her dog freaks over the bag and the rest we know.....

This is my theory on the placement of the bag. Surely Whoever did this didn't want her to be found

I agree with you, I think the person either drove (walking is possible but unlikely) on to the island and quickly disposed of the body on the beach. What is baffling to me is that there seem to be so many other places that would be a better hiding spot for the body...why there? Look at how out in the open the body is:

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 11.48.02 PM.jpg

At first I thought maybe someone had to place her somewhere temporarily for some reason and planned to come back and get her to finally dispose of her somewhere else but something got in the way of that plan and she was found before they could get back to there. I thought maybe a night shift worker at the plant on the island, who planned to get the body from the beach and dispose of it elsewhere early in the morning once his shift was over. But looking at where the body was left, that makes no sense as it is too out in the open. Surely they would hide the body somewhere more concealed? This is so puzzling. IMO.

Where the park bench is....is that a road for cars or a biking trail. Could a car drive to that park bench. I'm assuming a bike trail since there's a bench, but if a car could easily drive to that trail then I'm guessing they drive to the area by the bench then carried her to the shore. But if a car couldn't get there easily, where would the nearest point be for a car to go before putting her body on the shoreline at hightide?

Good questions... Tafts Ave appears to be the nearest road, the rest look like trails. Someone would have had to carry the body down to the beach. Someone definitely who was familiar with the area, especially if the body was placed there at night... now I can understand why LE feels so certain it is a local/someone that knows the island:

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 12.07.45 AM.jpg

I agree with you, I think the person either drove (walking is possible but unlikely) on to the island and quickly disposed of the body on the beach. What is baffling to me is that there seem to be so many other places that would be a better hiding spot for the body...why there? Look at how out in the open the body is:

View attachment 78221

At first I thought maybe someone had to place her somewhere temporarily for some reason and planned to come back and get her to finally dispose of her somewhere else but something got in the way of that plan and she was found before they could get back to there. I thought maybe a night shift worker at the plant on the island, who planned to get the body from the beach and dispose of it elsewhere early in the morning once his shift was over. But looking at where the body was left, that makes no sense as it is too out in the open. Surely they would hide the body somewhere more concealed? This is so puzzling. IMO.

Would it be unreasonable to say the body in the bag was displayed?

I can also see why they think it might have washed up. That is exactly where something would have been left by the receding tide.

I can also see why they think it might have washed up. That is exactly where something would have been left by the receding tide.

I would love to know how high the water gets at high tide, surely LE would have researched this and know the answer to that by now? And know the answer as to whether or not her washing up on shore would have been possible? I imagine it would have to get pretty high for her to have washed up that far. I don't live by the ocean so I'm clueless when it comes to tides...she looks so far away from the water in this daytime image:

overview water.jpg

I would love to know how high the water gets at high tide, surely LE would have researched this and know the answer to that by now? And know the answer as to whether or not her washing up on shore would have been possible? I imagine it would have to get pretty high for her to have washed up that far. I don't live by the ocean so I'm clueless when it comes to tides...she looks so far away from the water in this daytime image:

View attachment 78224

Not all high tides are the same -- in stormy weather, the water will be breaking over that retaining wall of white stone. Usually you can tell where the most recent high tide was because it leaves a line of seaweed, shells, junk, etc. It looks to me like that line is right where those two people are standing to the right, next to the WBZ logo.

And yes, LE said they were investigating the tides and currents early on. They haven't released what if anything they've found.

Not unreasonable at all, it's definitely possible. Anything is possible at this point imo!

I've been thinking, along with many others, that a female placed the body. But if the body was "displayed" to be discovered, I'm leaning toward a male.

JMO.

I was wondering where exactly the body was found on the island so I did some investigating. Here is a screen shot from WBZ Boston, the white object is little Doe's body covered with a sheet :(. Notice the park bench/sitting area in the upper left corner:

View attachment 78215

Using this as well as other images, I was able to pinpoint the area on Google map (image is "upside down" with the sea on the right, I did this to match to the media's image). The pink X shows approximate location of her body:

View attachment 78216

Yesterday I found a map of Deer Island that showed all the recreational features (like a park map) and where she was found is a Native American memorial. Wondering if it is coincidence or intentional.
I had tremendous difficulty reading about this case since my youngest is 4. I just can't imagine and everytime I try to think of what may have happened in this case I feel as if my heart is being ripped out.

But SOMEONE eventually would crack. I don't care how illegal you are. Wellllll....maybe not if it was accidental. Maybe in their minds they're able to justify it by saying "we will be deported if we go forward now, and no one committed a crime/no murder/no neglect/no abuse". But why not bury her if this were the case? It's really strange that she was put on the beach. Unless they thought she'd drift out to sea never to be found?

If your child died accidentally, and you feared being deported - possibly with your other children, to a place where you knew you would be in danger... Maybe taking care of the living is more important than respecting the dead.

I am so sad we are on thread #2 without a name.

But my ideas on how she passed are slightly different. I do not believe that she was placed there by a female caretaker (don't know why just don't), I feel like the blanket being included was the act of trying to rid themselves of any and all evidence. Second, I think someone at the plant knows who this child is. Has there been any recent layoffs, or abrupt employee who quit for no real reason? Have they in depth looked at any and all employees? Might be barking up the wrong tree, I am more than willing to say that. But To get to the point, I think it was an angry father and/or boyfriend. Left the girl in the car (accident or purpose) got off work she was dead, drop her there with all evidence and move along?

I don't have kids, so I may be wrong on this - but to me it seems the average four yr old could get out of a car seat/out of the car on their own if they were left in one accidentally (plus they'd probably have to be sleeping when the car was parked.)

I don't have kids, so I may be wrong on this - but to me it seems the average four yr old could get out of a car seat/out of the car on their own if they were left in one accidentally (plus they'd probably have to be sleeping when the car was parked.)

As we know, there are a lot of hot car related deaths in children well under three, but there are actually quite a few mentions (in my brief googling) of children three and four getting locked in or trapped in hot cars. It seems to be more common with children two and under but it surely isn't completely out of the question that a four year old wouldn't be able to get out of a car seat or car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther