Identified! MA - Brockton, 2 sets of human remains, Dec'14 - Ashley Mylett, Linda Schufeldt

Brockton is a pretty good sized city. Around 90,000, people, I think.

But there has been a lot of drug trouble recently, and rumors of sex trafficking rings. So there could be a lot of stuff going on.

Am I the only one who is a bit curious about the 40 year old she got arrested with at some point?

Also curious. I'm sure the police will be looking into him and anyone else she had contact with.

Why did I think Maura (or her mother anyway) was from Holbrook? I don't think it's related, but the Holbrook line is probably less than 5 mins down N Quincy St from these remains. Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not too terribly far (about 4 miles) from where Bruce Gomes' remains were found last year. I haven't seen any updates on his cause of death, etc.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tal-Remains-found-by-Dog-Nov-13-Bruce-M-Gomes

I can't see the articles (think they are archived? Or it's my mobile), but wasn't Mr Gomes found over by the Davis School? Four miles sounds close but it's across town, and a whole different part of the city. IMO I don't think they are related.

Seems more like someone using this spot to get rid of women :(

Rumor on the street is that it's related to sex trafficking and/or drugs. But then around here, almost everything is attributed to sex trafficking or drugs, even when there's no evidence that it is.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/science-luck-needed-to-identify-bones-found-in-brockton/30523302

They know she had a troubled life, that she had run away from home before and that she was last seen by family members about four weeks ago. What authorities don’t know about Ashley Mylett is how the 20-year-old brunette from Brockton ended up in a tract of wooded land on the city’s northeast side...

The identity of the second female and the cause and manner of death of both women has yet to be determined. It is also a mystery as to who put the bodies there.

For Brockton and state police, along with the state medical examiner’s office, they are questions that will take a combination of investigating, science and luck to answer, experts said.

Brockton is sort of it's own microcosm of crime - if there's out of town connections I'd be inclined to think of connections to the city. For the last 25/30 years there's been a sort of criminal corridor between Brockton and metro Boston.

Not to say this couldn't be related to cases elsewhere - just that if we are talking connections elsewhere I'd be looking to the city over the cape or north shore.

Not just of crime, either. There aren't many economic, business, or social connections either. For people who live in more spread out states, it's hard to imagine how tiny some regions are and how little they have to do with each other. I've never been to Brockton in 35 years living in New England even though I live only about 40 miles away. Forty miles wouldn't even get you out of Dallas :)

This article talks a little more about the women and their dealings with prostitution and drugs. One of the comments points out how they're basically "dragging their names through the mud" for lack of a better term.

Women found dead had ties to Brockton, Taunton, Quincy (The Enterprise, Brockton, MA 1/8/2014)

Authorities identified Linda Schufeldt, 50, of Quincy as the woman whose remains were found with the remains of 20-year-old Ashley Mylett of Brockton in a 20-acre area off North Quincy Street on Dec. 28.

She [Schufeldt] was arrested on a shoplifting charge at the Silver City Galleria in Taunton in 2004, charged with drug possession and trespassing in 2006, and faced another drug possession charge in 2007, when she was the passenger in a vehicle in Stoughton that struck a police officer.
Schufeldt was also charged in Taunton with prostitution in June 2005, when she listed an address on DeWert Avenue, a location in that city known for violence, drugs and prostitution. The outcome of Schufeldt’s cases was unclear Wednesday evening.

Well regardless of what they were into or what they did, I hope that doesn't stop LE from seriously investigating their murders. They disappeared at different times and were dumped in the same spot. Seems to me, same killer...someone who feels they can just kill at leisure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back