Identified! MA - Brockton, 2 sets of human remains, Dec'14 - Ashley Mylett, Linda Schufeldt

6174fd9c-a8a7-4d7f-97d7-29c8d351bba5_zps771c6bf1.png

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...he-vanished/yF1ATIu53lgRMjmxn5O3XI/story.html

The last time Larry Schufeldt saw his older sister, she was in Wyoming visiting their mother for Mother’s Day and helping around the house with the cooking and cleaning. By July, however, the whereabouts of Quincy resident Linda Schufeldt were unknown and remained that way until Wednesday, when the mystery came to a grim conclusion...

Linda Schufeldt was born in Nebraska and grew up there and in Colorado in a family of seven children, her brother said. She later spent four years in the Navy, and moved to Massachusetts with her husband, who grew up here, Larry Schufeldt said. The couple later divorced, he said.

Larry Schufeldt said his sister faced bouts of depression, suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder, and was abused by some of her romantic partners. He blamed a boyfriend for getting her hooked on drugs and said she was homeless for a period of time. During times of stability, she resumed her college studies in business and accounting, and tried to rebuild the relationship with her children, her brother said.

Hey all, former New Englander here.

One thing I want to mention is that there seemed to be a social connection between a number of people who struggled with addiction in the Fall River/New Bedford areas and people from Brockton that I noticed when I used to spend time in both areas around 10-15 years ago. I knew a few people in recovery in the South Eastern Ma/ Rhode Island area and some of them were attending NA/AA meetings in Brockton.

Which leads me to think about the New Bedford Highway killer once again, since his (I'm assuming it's a "he") victims fit the same profile. Now, this may be a case of me being a hammer and everything looking like a nail, but I'm assuming the investigation is giving at least a cursory look into those cold cases. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...w-Bedford-Highway-Killer-(1988-89)-*UNSOLVED*

http://holbrook.wickedlocal.com/article/20151230/NEWS/151239466

One year later, a killer or killers are still on the loose and there are more questions than answers in the case of a Holbrook woman and a second female whose remains were discovered together in a wooded area in Brockton...

An investigation by state police assigned to Plymouth County District Attorney Timothy Cruz’s office and Brockton police has been ongoing for a year and no arrests have been made nor has the identity of any suspect been made public...

While the case is being investigated as two homicides, officially, neither woman’s cause of death has been ruled to be homicide by the state medical examiner’s office, Stone said. The manner of their deaths has also either not been determined or not been made public.

I would love to see some kind of movement or new information coming from LE for this case. I do not believe this offender is the kind to go completely inactive on his own volition.

Thousands of untested rape kits in MA dating back to 2000 have gone untested after a 2018 law that was supposed to address the backlog unintentionally limited the number of kits that could be tested.

Thousands of rape kits still untested by state crime lab

I'm thinking information that directly pertains to these cases could be in there.

I would love to know if this guy ever lived in Brockton:
'Shopping cart killer' arrested for killing 4 women in Virginia | wusa9.com

The article states that authorities believe he may have victims "up the East Coast" and that they are actively trying to figure out where he has been over the years.

He is the right age.

He left two sets of remains (killed at different times) together, just like the Brockton killer did.

The victims seem kind of similar in terms of how he could have encountered them. Or he could have changed his methodology over the years as technology changed the way people "meet" each other for particular reasons.

They have the Brockton killers DNA and a few years ago Parabon put out their snapshot of the guys probable characteristics, iirc they determined he was black and likely, again iirc, was thought to be of caribbean descent. They also discovered he was responsible for several rapes leading up to the murders in Brocton. There was a couple articles on this otherwise it received minimal coverage.

They have the Brockton killers DNA and a few years ago Parabon put out their snapshot of the guys probable characteristics, iirc they determined he was black and likely, again iirc, was thought to be of caribbean descent. They also discovered he was responsible for several rapes leading up to the murders in Brocton. There was a couple articles on this otherwise it received minimal coverage.

You're right, they do have DNA, both from the murder of Mylett and from the linked rapes, so if there is any connection it would soon be known.

I would love to know if this guy ever lived in Brockton:
'Shopping cart killer' arrested for killing 4 women in Virginia | wusa9.com

The article states that authorities believe he may have victims "up the East Coast" and that they are actively trying to figure out where he has been over the years.

He is the right age.

He left two sets of remains (killed at different times) together, just like the Brockton killer did.

The victims seem kind of similar in terms of how he could have encountered them. Or he could have changed his methodology over the years as technology changed the way people "meet" each other for particular reasons.
this is who i was thinking of last week in his thread! but i thought it was in NY

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back