MA MA - Dorchester, 2 BlkMales, poss 'Clayton' 14-16 (UP12973), & 'Hooker' 15-17 (UP12972), Oct'88

The article then ends with:
If you know anything about this case, recognize this composite or remember someone matching Flip’s description, contact Detective Cronin at (617) 343-5837.

Now sometimes i see a missing persons report with unique factors, and I screen shot it for later reference. Sometimes im scrolling and trying to match people, and its hard playing a virtual game of memory when you have... well, a bad memory.

When I saw that description on this article I thought. WAIT A DAMN MINUTE. Didnt I JUST see a missing persons profile with that EXACT description from New York, yesterday? I opened my photo album on my phone and boom there it was. A screen shot of the Namus Profile of Kemp Lamont Scott.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The information on him is sparse, but it does have this little detail:

MP HAS A GOLD MOON & STAR ON FRONT UPPER TEETH

MISSING FROM HIS HOME. DIDN'T REPORT TO WORK OR HIS PROBATION OFFICER.

He is a black male, age 18 at the time of his disappearance, meaning he was a year younger than the woman described when she met him. But a lot of people see young black teens as older than they are sometimes. The height matches with her description though.

Could it be possible that this is the "flip" detectice Cronin was referring to? Or was the moon and star on the front teeth super common back then in New York? NAMUS has his nickname as Shorty. Maybe he had family nickname, but then a drug running name? I have a family member who goes by the name of Joe on the streets, but no one in his family calls him that at all. He does it to keep distance from the two worlds, maybe thats the case here?

If Kemp actually is Flip, his disappearance means it will be harder to find out who these boys are, but maybe finding any of his friends/associates and asking around might lead them to who these boys were, and hopefully finding out what happened to Kemp as well.

He may have been killed in retaliation for the turf overstepping, or may have gotten involved in something else.

But someone knows something, and its time they talk.

I believe Boston Police should be speaking with NY officers to see if Kemp Lamont Scott was these boys ringleader. So this morning I called Boston Police Department. The first officer spent 5 minutes telling me there's no Detective Cronin. I told him it was in the FBI poster, along with a number and email and the article was from 2014 so maybe he retired. He then said "I've been here since 2014, never heard of him" but he finally transferred me over to the homicide department after going onto the fbi page himself (I had to direct him, go onto most wanted, go to missing persons, scroll down to John Does -- Dorchester oh look there's the info for detective Cronin!) lol.

The homicide department told me yes Detective Cronin has retired. This makes me sad because no one else has been looking into this case. He had all the info, and it sounds like HE did all the leg work. I told them I think they might want to look into Kemp Lamont Scott from NY, but who knows if anything will come of it.

Here's hoping.

And if not, maybe one day Detective John Cronin will see this post and look into it himself.

I can no longer find the article but based on what I remember, Clayton and Hooker were killed by a rival gang and Flip fled for his life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can no longer find the article but based on what I remember, Clayton and Hooker were killed by a rival gang and Flip fled for his life.

News article from the Bronx. BXTimes I believe..

And yes, that is what the lead detectice believes. The article if you can find it (not sure if I'm allowed to link it) says Flip the ringleader had two gold teeth, with a star and half moon. And it's believed he fled to NY, but also that the boys were originally from NY as well.

I plan on eventually following up, but I'm not sure how to.

Kemp Lamont Scott on Namus, his profile fits perfectly with the description of FLIP. Down to the gold teeth, from NEW YORK, and the height height matches.

If they can find the woman who recognized them, and show her a photo of Kemp. See if its him?

Yes it does sound like Scott could be "Flip" and the idea that this could be confirmed by "the woman" is therefore logical. Much as we like to think LE always pick up links in Namus, we know that the system isn't perfect. Have you turned this tip in?

Yes it does sound like Scott could be "Flip" and the idea that this could be confirmed by "the woman" is therefore logical. Much as we like to think LE always pick up links in Namus, we know that the system isn't perfect. Have you turned this tip in?

Hopefully, if this turns out to be "Flip," he can shed some light on the possible identities of these two victims. Maybe even the identity of the killer(s).

And yes, that is what the lead detectice believes. The article if you can find it (not sure if I'm allowed to link it) says Flip the ringleader had two gold teeth, with a star and half moon. And it's believed he fled to NY, but also that the boys were originally from NY as well.

What’s his email? I might want to reach out to him

The detective has retired. But interesting that namus profile isn't working anymore....

Call Boston PD and I believe I was transferred to the cold cases Homicide department. If you can follow up, I HIGHLY suggest you do so. I can't call at the moment. Not American so I can't make those calls right now.

Werid, the profile comes up during a nakus search, but I can't open it. Huh...

There are people from that area that got busted, went to prison and are out making youtube videos talking about anything and everything that went on in that era.. One is Brian 'Glaze' Gibbs. Someone should look up his youtube and ask him if he knows any stories about Flip from the Bronx and see what he says. Guy was a kingpin enforcer that went to prison on a pleadeal for 5 murders and got out. I think he went to prison around 1990s

There are people from that area that got busted, went to prison and are out making youtube videos talking about anything and everything that went on in that era.. One is Brian 'Glaze' Gibbs. Someone should look up his youtube and ask him if he knows any stories about Flip from the Bronx and see what he says. Guy was a kingpin enforcer that went to prison on a pleadeal for 5 murders and got out. I think he went to prison around 1990s
I'm not sure if anyone else is interested in reaching out to this person, but full disclosure, I'm not. And I'm not sure he'd even answer such a question.

I wish there was another way to get this info to the people that matter. Because if you find Flip, you find out about these boys.

And I truly think Kemp Lamont Scott is Flip. And if he isn't, I'm CERTAIN he could lead to whoever Flip is...

Because if Kemp ISN'T this Flip character, then the star and half moon gold teeth must be a gang symbol or some sort. And that would lead ANY investigation down the correct path.

I wish the original detectice was still on the force, because I truly don't think the other detectives on the force even cared. When I called and asked to speak with Detective Cronin regarding a case that had renewed interest in 2015 (as per the BX article) the detective who answered said:

"Ma'am I've been here since BEFORE 2015, and I ain't ever heard of no detectice Cronin"

What kind of detective doesn't know a long time detective on the force in your own city?

I explained the BXTIMES article and info in DETAIL, even explaining that the case I was referring to was also on the FBI website. And guess what he made me do?

He asked me to go on the fbi website on my computer and he would do the same on his end. I had to go through the FBI website, and tell him go click on "most wanted" and to scroll down to the composite that was titled "Dorchester, Massachusetts".

Wouldn't accept a NAMUS case number or nothing.

I really want this info to get the attention it deserves. But all I can do is call in. It's on the Boston PD and NY PD to do the rest. My hands are tied, not much else I can do.

I'm not sure the decorative teeth are that significant by themselves. The star was very popular in Boston back in the day, as were dollar signs and hearts. More of a hip hop thing than a gang thing.

Though there could well be a gang connection to these murders, I think it's more the general organized crime sort of gang rather than a specific one.

I'm not sure if anyone else is interested in reaching out to this person, but full disclosure, I'm not. And I'm not sure he'd even answer such a question.

I wish there was another way to get this info to the people that matter. Because if you find Flip, you find out about these boys.

And I truly think Kemp Lamont Scott is Flip. And if he isn't, I'm CERTAIN he could lead to whoever Flip is...

Because if Kemp ISN'T this Flip character, then the star and half moon gold teeth must be a gang symbol or some sort. And that would lead ANY investigation down the correct path.

I wish the original detectice was still on the force, because I truly don't think the other detectives on the force even cared. When I called and asked to speak with Detective Cronin regarding a case that had renewed interest in 2015 (as per the BX article) the detective who answered said:

"Ma'am I've been here since BEFORE 2015, and I ain't ever heard of no detectice Cronin"

What kind of detective doesn't know a long time detective on the force in your own city?

I explained the BXTIMES article and info in DETAIL, even explaining that the case I was referring to was also on the FBI website. And guess what he made me do?

He asked me to go on the fbi website on my computer and he would do the same on his end. I had to go through the FBI website, and tell him go click on "most wanted" and to scroll down to the composite that was titled "Dorchester, Massachusetts".

Wouldn't accept a NAMUS case number or nothing.

I really want this info to get the attention it deserves. But all I can do is call in. It's on the Boston PD and NY PD to do the rest. My hands are tied, not much else I can do.

If you didn't mention a case and just said 'do you know any stories about Flip from the Bronx' i would say a fair chance you could get an answer.. Prob being this guy was from Queens. So unless this Flip character well known and doing things then he might not have any story to tell.

That said some of the dates feel a little off for this to be Flip. The teeth thing also, back then people used fake fronts a lot. Gold caps that just went over the tooth. Kinda thing you could buy at the mall. Moon and Star could be that he followed the Nation of Islam or it could be that someone gave it to him for a small amount of drugs.

I'm not sure the decorative teeth are that significant by themselves. The star was very popular in Boston back in the day, as were dollar signs and hearts. More of a hip hop thing than a gang thing.

Though there could well be a gang connection to these murders, I think it's more the general organized crime sort of gang rather than a specific one.
if i even knew the type of necklace he wore.. They claimed this person wore a lot of gold necklaces and for those big wigs there were two styles that were really popular. One was maybe 5 grand and the next step up was 10. Or it could be 10 and 15.. I cant remember, but even that would tell us a little about what this guy was doing as far as the food chain goes.

Found an UID that had similar gold teeth to Flip. One was a star and the other was listed as an R, could the half moon be mistaken for an R somehow? Could Flip have relocated to Chicago?

2132UMIL

Regarding the star and moon gold teeth, I used to see them all the time on the Doe Network, but of course when I am actively looking for them now I can't find them lol. The majority of UID's I had seen with these dental plates were Hispanic and found in New Mexico or Arizona (I wonder if they had gotten ID'd which is why I can't find them now).

I also knew two people that had the same sun and moon gold teeth. When I was working in retail two regular customers had them. I never asked them about the teeth but know they hadn't been in the US long and previously lived in Mexico, so they most likely got the teeth done while there. I know that it was previously believed they were from Jamaica, what if Flip was Afro-Caribbean as well.

I also have speculated that Clayton and Hooker were their last names.

Last edited:
Found an UID that had similar gold teeth to flip. One was a star and the other the UID's casefile says an R, could the half moon be mistaken for an R somehow? Could Flip have relocated to Chicago?

2132UMIL

Regarding the star and moon gold teeth, I used to see them all the time on the Doe Network, but of course when I am actively looking for them now I can't find them lol. The majority of UID's I had seen with these dental plates were Hispanic and found in New Mexico or Arizona (I wonder if they had gotten ID'd which is why I can't find them now).

I also knew two people that had the same sun and moon gold teeth. When I was working in retail two regular customers had them. I never asked them about it but know they hadn't been in the US long and previously lived in Mexico, so they most likely got the teeth done while there. I know that it was previously believed they were from Jamaica, what if Flip was Afro-Caribbean as well.

I also have speculated that Clayton and Hooker were their last names.
Wow…that’s possible. But what if the gold star thing is part of a gang that was speculated on here?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROrgeron
Back