GUILTY MA - Geoffrey Portway & others in international child *advertiser censored* ring, 2011

Portway was supposed to be sentenced today I think.

There was an article about his Psych evaluation which he told the Doctor he had a fantasy of himself being put into an oven and then consumed. Seriously? Indeed he believed that would mean someone wanted him.

Soooooooooooooo his broken home and his three head injuries and his love of Hansel & Gretel lead to all this.:scared::scared::scared:

It's such a good job he's not in the UK, he probably wouldn't even be locked up now knowing our crappy "justice" system.

Here's the thing...someone who has hundreds or thousands of child *advertiser censored* images and/or videos on their computer is NOT THE SAME as someone who accidentally downloads a couple of cartoon *advertiser censored* images. First of all, he had to search them out. Hundreds or thousands don't just oops accidentally show up in your data. Second, actual children were harmed in the making of these images/movies. Actual living, breathing, feeling babies, toddlers and children. Someone's sons and daughters. Completely innocent and trusting, until they were used and abused. And now, every time another person downloads these images/movies, the baby or toddler or child is victimized yet again. So you are right, this is COMPLETELY different than cartoons.

Also, intent is clear in this case. The man outfitted his basement with a child-sized cage, stainless steel butchering table, a set of specialty butchering knives, castration devices, 2 freezers, infant pajama sleepers, handcuffs, ball gags and all manner of restraints. He also made, and sound-proofed, a child-sized coffin in which he installed speakers...not sure if it was so he could listen to the child cry (sick f%&#) or so the child would have to listen to him (evil b@$t@rd). He also had gloves and bleach down there. Oh, and a collection of child-murder and cannibal movies.

He needs to be locked away. Downloading and trading child-*advertiser censored* is against the law. Conspiracy to kidnap, rape, murder and eat children is against the law. I can only think of 1 other place I would rather he be than in prison. But that is not my call.

What she said. :seeya:

Okay let us all take a deep breath.

First of all, child *advertiser censored* is a VERY vague term....people can end up with child *advertiser censored* CARTOONS on their computer from visiting certain websites, they don't even know the images are there and the images are silly Japanese cartoons but it can bring a felony charge/s.

Secondly, yes CP is a felony. Were these photos of ACTUAL CHILDREN and or silly cartoons or snapshots of sleeping kids?

First of all you have no idea what you are talking about. Child *advertiser censored* is a legal term and NOT vague as it applies to charging a individual. It's actually clearly defined in Title 18 United States Code Section 2256. You'll notice that 18 USC 2256 covers "computer-generated image that is, or is indistinguishable from, that of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct; or
(C) such visual depiction has been created, adapted, or modified to appear that an identifiable minor is engaging in sexually explicit conduct." Before you say I told you so, I can tell you that those portions of the statute have been struck down via Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition.

In order for us to charge 18 USC 2252 which is the actual charging statute for Child *advertiser censored* crimes and includes the transportation, possession, receipt, distribution and other less charged crimes related to Child *advertiser censored* we must show that the depictions meet the following: "such visual depiction involves the use of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct;"

Sexually explicit conduct is defined as:

“sexually explicit conduct” means—
(i) graphic sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex, or lascivious simulated sexual intercourse where the genitals, breast, or pubic area of any person is exhibited;
(ii) graphic or lascivious simulated;
(I) bestiality;
(II) masturbation; or
(III) sadistic or masochistic abuse; or
(iii) graphic or simulated lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person;

Cartoon images, computer generated images, etc ARE NOT CHARGEABLE in the United States under any "Child *advertiser censored* Statutes." In some communities they are chargeable as Obscenity but that is extremely rare, holds a much lesser penalty and I have never seen it in my 20 year career.

Cartoons and computer generated images depicting sex with children are illegal in some other countries as Child *advertiser censored*.

And your comments about sleeping kids is just silly. When we charge an individual with statutes related to Child *advertiser censored* the material charged must meet the statutory definitions. ALOT of due diligence goes into charging and prosecuting an individual.

Jim

This is just appalling. Sonya610, I can't understand why you were so eager to defend this guy?! This was't just fantasy, he made elaborate practical preparations to kidnap a child. If they'd actually found a kidnapped child in his dungeon, would you argue that this does not show that he was intending to harm the child? If they found a raped child in his dungeon, would you argue that this does not show that he was intending to kill the child? The judge couldn't read his mind, but there was a ton of evidence showing that this went well beyond harmless fantasy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er censored*-network-spanning-continents.html

"The mother of the 14-year-old boy said she does not believe the allegations. She and other relatives said Arnett is a photographer who took numerous pictures. They said the roasting pan pictures were meant to be funny.

"Mike never ever did anything to them," a family member said about the children."

http://www.kctv5.com/story/18619292...*advertiser censored*-victims-prosecutors-say

Why is it that people are always so quick to defend these pedophiles/murderers/sick individuals? I'd reserve comments, if this happened in my neighborhood. But I'd stay away from the suspect and keep my children away as well, until he was completely cleared of any wrongdoing. Simple.

The mother of one of the boys said she initially did not believe the allegations against Arnett, a family friend for about 15 years. She said her son, now 7, and several nephews often spent weekends at Arnett's home four or five years ago.

'Well, when we first got the phone call, we thought there's no way. You guys got the wrong guy,' she said. The Associated Press does not identify victims of sexual abuse or their families.

But then investigators showed her photos Arnett had allegedly taken of her son with a shirt and no pants.

'Regret? For sending my son with a sick-minded guy, that's the only regret I have. I had no idea,' she said. 'It's depressing.'

Portway, who is being housed in an Arizona federal facility, writes in a recent filing in federal court that his rights were violated, the federal court lacked jurisdiction in the case and his guilty plea in the case was not made voluntarily.

This is the third time Portway has sought to have the case against him thrown out after he filed motions to amend his judgment and other motions since his incarceration.
http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2015/09/geoffrey_portway_the_man_caugh.html

Please, please don't ever let this monster out of prison!

Pics from inside the dungeon (warning - disturbing):

Child-sized homemade coffin with soundproofing:
article-2417572-1BC2BF72000005DC-142_634x422.jpg

Cage with multiple locks:
article-2417572-1BC2BFF9000005DC-780_634x422.jpg

Child's jumpsuit:
article-2417572-1BC2B9A3000005DC-858_634x422.jpg

Handcuffs:
article-2417572-1BC2BE50000005DC-849_634x414.jpg

Contraption used to castrate calves with rubber bands (poor calves!)
article-2417572-1BC2C3D4000005DC-299_634x422.jpg

September 2015:

A federal judge denied Geoffrey Portway's attempts to have his sentence for child *advertiser censored* possession and solicitation to commit a crime thrown out after the 42-year-old was arrested in 2012 with a torture dungeon for children in his Worcester basement.

Portway was sentenced to serve 26 years in federal prison in the case, but he has since fought his sentence on three occasions. Portway's most recent attempt was earlier this month.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2015/09/federal_judge_denies_geoffrey.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back