GUILTY MA - Geoffrey Portway & others in international child *advertiser censored* ring, 2011

This reminds me of the New York cop that was convicted of "fantasizing" about doing similar acts to his wife. Here is a link from CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/12/justice/new-york-cannibal-cop/index.html?iref=allsearch

I am glad this person was caught before he could live out his fantasy on young boys. Apparently he was very deliberate in his plans and took steps to make this a reality (perhaps more so than the link I posted). Unfortunately this will result in him not getting life in prison, but at least at least one child has been spared the terrible circumstances of that room.

Oh wow, how disturbing!!! and only 27 years in prison? hoping something happens to him in prison before he gets out.

Okay let us all take a deep breath.

First of all, child *advertiser censored* is a VERY vague term....people can end up with child *advertiser censored* CARTOONS on their computer from visiting certain websites, they don't even know the images are there and the images are silly Japanese cartoons but it can bring a felony charge/s.

Secondly, yes CP is a felony. Were these photos of ACTUAL CHILDREN and or silly cartoons or snapshots of sleeping kids?

Having said that everything else is about "chatting" and fantasy and such. Show me some REAL crimes and not just a bunch of guys chatting about fantasy online. HUGE DIFFERENCE between the two!

If I were on this guy's jury I would want to see real evidence of a crime. I don't see it based on that article. Sounds like he is being railroaded to me. JMO.

First of all, child *advertiser censored* is a VERY vague term....people can end up with child *advertiser censored* CARTOONS on their computer from visiting certain websites, they don't even know the images are there and the images are silly Japanese cartoons but it can bring a felony charge/s.

Secondly, yes CP is a felony. Were these photos of ACTUAL CHILDREN and or silly cartoons or snapshots of sleeping kids?

Having said that everything else is about "chatting" and fantasy and such. Show me some REAL crimes and not just a bunch of guys chatting about fantasy online. HUGE DIFFERENCE between the two!

If I were on this guy's jury I would want to see real evidence of a crime. I don't see it based on that article. Sounds like he is being railroaded to me. JMO.

railroaded for what? the child *advertiser censored* doesn't much matter when

Portway pleaded guilty to soliciting the kidnapping of a child

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eneath-Massachusetts-house.html#ixzz2eu4kYXod
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He pled guilty, so I guess it is a moot point. There is a precedence for "chats" and "fantasies" (which I dont buy in this case) rising to the level of intent.

these quotes are also found in the linked article - doesn't sound 'cartoonish' to me:

These chats also included images of children known to them, accompanied by discussions of desire to sexually abuse, murder and cannibalize those children.

These solicitations for help in abducting a child included discussing real children, by name and photo

railroaded for what? the child *advertiser censored* doesn't much matter when

Portway pleaded guilty to soliciting the kidnapping of a child

Uhhh....in chat on the Interwebs???? Oh wow. That is nearly the same as the real deal, talking to folks in chat about fantasies, other folks as in adults that are into fantasy too and a bit high and chatting on IRC or wherever.

NOT!!!!!! IT IS NOT THE SAME!

I would never convict someone for online chatting or fantasy. Never.

He pled guilty, so I guess it is a moot point. There is a precedence for "chats" and "fantasies" (which I dont buy in this case) rising to the level of intent.

Well I will say this...the whole child cannibalism thing must have been a VERY small group. Like really really small.

Child *advertiser censored* (felony) is all over the interwebs, as is snuff/cannibalism fantasy (which is legal in the US btw)....but child cannibalism is pretty darn rare indeed.

It was a very small group indeed.

And honestly I suspect the children that "appeared dead" were sleeping comfortably and the photos were taken by loving parents.

Well I will say this...the whole child cannibalism thing must have been a VERY small group. Like really really small.

Child *advertiser censored* (felony) is all over the interwebs, as is snuff/cannibalism fantasy (which is legal in the US btw)....but child cannibalism is pretty darn rare indeed.

And honestly I suspect the children that "appeared dead" were sleeping comfortably and the photos were taken by loving parents

Why would you believe that? One of the prior cases on this board involving an American Airlines Pilot involved pictures of dead children. Not sleeping restfully but maimed, dead children. For example.

I have no difficulty believing that there are people who have sexual fantasies about murdering and maiming children and looking at their images any more than I have any trouble believing that there are people who are sexually attracted to children.

It is interesting that LE cant win here-if he had been successful in his plot, the one he confessed to, there would be an outcry about why something wasnt done sooner.

I am going to applaud LE and I will also state that the self confessed criminal was wise to plead it out rather than face a jury.

Why would you believe that? One of the prior cases on this board involving an American Airlines Pilot involved pictures of dead children. Not sleeping restfully but maimed, dead children. For example.

Dead children that were murdered and the photos taken as trophies by the perps? Or crime scene/morgue/deceased missing child photos? HUGE difference between the two.

Which was it?

And honestly I suspect the children that "appeared dead" were sleeping comfortably and the photos were taken by loving parents.

I am glad to think that the group of people interested in child rape/torture/cannibalism topic is small, though that is not really relevant. I'm sure there are many perfectly legal fantasy niches with extremely small followings. And there are also relatively large groups of people who fantasize about illegal things.

And I agree that fantasy is not and should not be illegal. But, thankfully, conspiracy to commit a crime is a crime, and they were able to arrest Portway for that.

From the article (portions have been posted previously):

As stated both in court filings from May, through his online chats, Portway solicited several people for their help in abducting a child, including Brown and another man called Michael Arnett of Kansas.

At least as early as 2010, Portway utilized Skype and other programs to communicate with Arnett, trading child *advertiser censored* including images of injured, mutilated and deceased children while chatting about the sexual abuse, rape, abduction, murder, and cannibalism of children.

Over months, Portway repeatedly solicited Arnett to kidnap a child for him, with the intent that Portway would ultimately rape, kill and eat that child. These solicitations for help in abducting a child included discussing real children, by name and photo, that Arnett claimed to know and have access.

If that weren't enough to make his actual intentions clear, the numerous preparations he made in his basement make it pretty clear he actually intended to carry through with his plan. While I can imagine "collecting" implements of torture, the more prosaic items like a bottle of bleach, gloves, and a set of butcher knives aren't collectible but have a lot of pragmatic value for someone actually intending to commit those deeds.

Uhhh....in chat on the Interwebs???? Oh wow. That is nearly the same as the real deal, talking to folks in chat about fantasies, other folks as in adults that are into fantasy too and a bit high and chatting on IRC or wherever.

I wonder if I am misunderstanding your point? Of course talking about and planning to do something is not the same as doing it, but when it comes to fantasizing and planning kidnapping, raping, torturing, killing and eating children... well that falls under pedophilia in the least. And that is one of the most impossible disorders to be "cured" from, and is not something mentally healthy people do.
When I think, what if they were discussing MY kid- I want to use those latex rings on all of them, and make them eat their own parts!
He is sick. Period. Needs to be locked up for the rest of his life, in my opinion. I am not a person to wish harm on others, but just like I had to put my dog down to end her suffering, I hope a fellow inmate puts him down while serving those 27 years!
Sick.

IF the Boston bombers had been caught with the bombs, materials to make them, a plan of how to do it including pictures of the place, etc. before they did it, they would have been in trouble. It's similar in my opinion. If we don't stop people BEFORE they do what they are prepared for and plan to do, we are screwed in my opinion.
So often, after a tragedy people ask why no one knew what was going to happen, why no one stopped it. Now when that happens, there are complaints? I am very confused.

The only people taking big breaths should be these three uncartoonish, living, breathing young boys that Arnett assaulted. Oh and the baby that was put in a roasting pan. He was not actually cooked so I guess that's vague.

The entire original link is at Post #7 on this thread, Sonya.

They had to instill the help of Shawnee Mission teachers to identify these boys. Indeed it was Arnett who took the photos, but this freak Portaway and that other creep downloaded them so.........

http://www.kctv5.com/story/18619292...*advertiser censored*-victims-prosecutors-say

Hoping these three young men are getting the help they need. I truly wish they were only cartoon boys in a comic book or something. Nope, living, breathing real young boys who have to live with this the rest of their lives.

Christopher Holmes is the pilot, Sonya. He was popped in August of this year, iirc. We have a thread here and there is quite a bit of media. You will find parts of the indictment that covers one of the photographs found in his possession depicting a dead child covered with lacerations and feces. The other images he possessed were horrifically sadistic ones of prepubescent children bound, strung up and being violated with objects.

He had the same tastes as the man who is the subject of this thread.

These were not benign interests covered by free speech, at least in the eyes of the law. He was on a lookout list and his laptop was seized as he re entered the country from Mexico. I would say that there was a strong belief that he might have been engaged in some kind of activity that the feds believed would be harmful. Or had been harmful.

At least that is my take reading between the lines.

Suspect in this case that this poor infant with the rope around her neck and a bag over her head and a message scrawled on her that she'd been raped was sleeping comfortably.

That's just a recent case and I can't check to see if the baby was breathing, but the bag over her head gives that "fantasy".

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...f-possessing-child-*advertiser censored*.html

Who cares how small a group is? What the h*ll does that have to do with anything?

I think you've confused my post with another one - I never said it was the same

deep breaths indeed

I have four words for this scum:

Bullet to the head.........
imho
Mystic

Here's the thing...someone who has hundreds or thousands of child *advertiser censored* images and/or videos on their computer is NOT THE SAME as someone who accidentally downloads a couple of cartoon *advertiser censored* images. First of all, he had to search them out. Hundreds or thousands don't just oops accidentally show up in your data. Second, actual children were harmed in the making of these images/movies. Actual living, breathing, feeling babies, toddlers and children. Someone's sons and daughters. Completely innocent and trusting, until they were used and abused. And now, every time another person downloads these images/movies, the baby or toddler or child is victimized yet again. So you are right, this is COMPLETELY different than cartoons.

Also, intent is clear in this case. The man outfitted his basement with a child-sized cage, stainless steel butchering table, a set of specialty butchering knives, castration devices, 2 freezers, infant pajama sleepers, handcuffs, ball gags and all manner of restraints. He also made, and sound-proofed, a child-sized coffin in which he installed speakers...not sure if it was so he could listen to the child cry (sick f%&#) or so the child would have to listen to him (evil b@$t@rd). He also had gloves and bleach down there. Oh, and a collection of child-murder and cannibal movies.

He needs to be locked away. Downloading and trading child-*advertiser censored* is against the law. Conspiracy to kidnap, rape, murder and eat children is against the law. I can only think of 1 other place I would rather he be than in prison. But that is not my call.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back