MA MA - Gerald Peasha Jr., 44, Leominster, 4 April 2010

BBM above.....
Do we have a thread for this other missing person, or any articles showing him missing as well ?
If we had a name it may help to start looking into them as well in hopes of tracking them down for information on Jerry.

MOD's is it alright to get the other persons name if available?
Thanks Mystic

If there is a missing person's report on them, you can post the name. If the person is not missing and alive and well, you cannot implicate them as a POI unless the MSM or LE has done the same. But, you can discuss where they were and where they were last seen together, etc., by using the person's initials.

Hope that helps.

OK, we really need more info on the person he was last with. Peashak, is that person known to be alive and well or are is whereabouts unknown. Anyway, since he isn't even considered a person of interest by law enforcement I don't see why we can't try to locate him if he can shed some light. We're not calling him a suspect, we'd like to see what he knows about where he last saw Jerry.

Peashak/Kate:

An important lesson was just learned with the finding of missing teen Chad Evanuik, who was recovered this past week. An alert hospital NURSE recognized him from a poster and called authorities, despite the fact Chad had provided a different name and very sketchy information. Based on the info you provided, I would suggest emergency rooms are a very good place to scour, armed with posters to show around. One suggestion though - TYPES of GLASSES can really alter a person's appearance. What TYPE of thick glasses did he have? Horn rimmed? Aviator? Square? The type that change color to sunglasses? This is a very important point, and I recommend you photoshop the recent picture of him to show him wearing those type of glasses. I think it will significantly improve your chances of finding him, or stimulating some memories. Can you share whether he is troubled by drink or drug? This will help narrow the search as well. If it's drink, then of course every little saloon should be scoured, and every homeless encampment. If he was a handyman, I would think a garage is his most likely temporary employer, or? The more detail you can provide the better. Where would he go to eat by choice? Did he love pizza, or hotdogs, or? Did he love country music, or? Does he have a particular habit that people would remember him by? Does he constantly whistle and snap his fingers, or have a catch phrase, or...? More details please....

Kate,

Here is a good "Missing Person's Checklist" from the Doe Network. I'm sure you've done most of this already, and some doesn't apply. That said, you might see something in here that sparks some additional ideas...

http://www.doenetwork.org/checklist.pdf

Good luck to you and your family in finding him and bringing him home.

Just a thought....are his fingerprints on file anywhere? Has anyone in law enforcement checked recently to see if he is incarcerated anywhere?

O.K. Gerald, you are still on my prayer grid, so I am bumping this up.

Peashak/Kate:

An important lesson was just learned with the finding of missing teen Chad Evanuik, who was recovered this past week. An alert hospital NURSE recognized him from a poster and called authorities, despite the fact Chad had provided a different name and very sketchy information. Based on the info you provided, I would suggest emergency rooms are a very good place to scour, armed with posters to show around. One suggestion though - TYPES of GLASSES can really alter a person's appearance. What TYPE of thick glasses did he have? Horn rimmed? Aviator? Square? The type that change color to sunglasses? This is a very important point, and I recommend you photoshop the recent picture of him to show him wearing those type of glasses. I think it will significantly improve your chances of finding him, or stimulating some memories. Can you share whether he is troubled by drink or drug? This will help narrow the search as well. If it's drink, then of course every little saloon should be scoured, and every homeless encampment. If he was a handyman, I would think a garage is his most likely temporary employer, or? The more detail you can provide the better. Where would he go to eat by choice? Did he love pizza, or hotdogs, or? Did he love country music, or? Does he have a particular habit that people would remember him by? Does he constantly whistle and snap his fingers, or have a catch phrase, or...? More details please....

You are right about checking with hospitals. I checked with my insurance company and he hasn't used his insurance card. I know that the officer in charge of his case checked to make sure he wasn't incacerated somewhere in the United States and came up empty.
Jerry wore very strong prescription strength glasses. Were somewhat similar to the glasses in his picture but smaller and oval.
He would be unable to see without them. Thin rimmed most likely a silver trim.
Jerry loved alcohol. His alcoholism got worse as the years went by and just couldn't seem to shake it.
He also had quite a bit of money that he got from his mother's wrongful death suit and he never contacted them to have the checks forwarded which is something I know he would have done.
I really don't feel like we are looking for a missing person....we are looking for his body. Most of us in the family feel this way. the only person that thinks he may be alive still is his father.
Sometimes I have strange dreams about him and I wonder if he is trying to tell me where he is but I can't figure it out.
I think that something bad happened to him around the time he was supposed to find work up North.
He really relied on his son to bring him places and give him money when he needed it. He was really the only person who could still deal with him. He never would have stopped contacting him.
I think he is somewhere in the Fitchburg area. He just kinda dissapeared of the face of the earth that day.
I appreciate everyones help in finding Jerry.

@Peashak - God Bless you and your family. This must be so difficult not knowing. If you strongly believe Jerry is not living, please check the DOE NETWORK's unclaimed deceased files. There are so many people that have passed on, and no one has claimed them. I am continuing to pray for you, and for Jerry. You are not forgotten. My heart is reaching out to you, and asking God to guide us all in helping you find Jerry.
http://www.doenetwork.org/

@Peashak - God Bless you and your family. This must be so difficult not knowing. If you strongly believe Jerry is not living, please check the DOE NETWORK's unclaimed deceased files. There are so many people that have passed on, and no one has claimed them. I am continuing to pray for you, and for Jerry. You are not forgotten. My heart is reaching out to you, and asking God to guide us all in helping you find Jerry.
http://www.doenetwork.org/

Can you tell me how to search the DOE NETWORK's unclaimed deceased files? I didn't even know that they had unclaimed persons listings as well as unidentified. I searched the site but couldn't find anything. (I know NamUs has an unclaimed persons site) TIA

Zaba Search is showing a Gerald J Peasha (age 46) as living at several different addresses in MA and one in NY. Does anyone know if this is the same Gerald? Also does anyone know if he did he live in NY at one time?

http://www.zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php?sname=GERALD%20PEASHA&state=ALL&ref=&se=&doby=&city=&name_style=1&tm=&tmr=

Add:

I think this is the same Gerald. Intelius is showing that this Gerald also lived in MA and is related to Kathleen Peasha. Not sure how to tell if this is a current adress or an old one?

https://www.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=1&formname=name&qf=Gerald&qmi=&qn=Peasha&qcs=HEMPSTEAD%2C+NY&focusfirst=1

Could he have been hospitalized under a different name? A John Doe? Would he have necessarily had his insurance card with him? Alcoholism can cause a host of psychiatric conditions, is it possible he doesn't know who he is? Are there places he may have traveled to visit friends?

Could he have been hospitalized under a different name? A John Doe? Would he have necessarily had his insurance card with him? Alcoholism can cause a host of psychiatric conditions, is it possible he doesn't know who he is? Are there places he may have traveled to visit friends?

Yes, you bring up a good point. I think the best way to make progress would be to invest the time to go to all the ER's along the last know area he was in. Take a picture and see if anyone can remember anything. I think the notable thick, thick glasses might trigger a memory.

Praying for Jerry and his family. Let them get answers and the peace they seek. Amen.

O.K. Gerald....I'm still praying for you, and for your family's peace of mind. God Bless this family and bring them answers.

You are right about checking with hospitals. I checked with my insurance company and he hasn't used his insurance card. I know that the officer in charge of his case checked to make sure he wasn't incacerated somewhere in the United States and came up empty.
Jerry wore very strong prescription strength glasses. Were somewhat similar to the glasses in his picture but smaller and oval.
He would be unable to see without them. Thin rimmed most likely a silver trim.
Jerry loved alcohol. His alcoholism got worse as the years went by and just couldn't seem to shake it.
He also had quite a bit of money that he got from his mother's wrongful death suit and he never contacted them to have the checks forwarded which is something I know he would have done.
I really don't feel like we are looking for a missing person....we are looking for his body. Most of us in the family feel this way. the only person that thinks he may be alive still is his father.
Sometimes I have strange dreams about him and I wonder if he is trying to tell me where he is but I can't figure it out.
I think that something bad happened to him around the time he was supposed to find work up North.
He really relied on his son to bring him places and give him money when he needed it. He was really the only person who could still deal with him. He never would have stopped contacting him.
I think he is somewhere in the Fitchburg area. He just kinda dissapeared of the face of the earth that day.
I appreciate everyones help in finding Jerry.

I stopped by to see if there was any update on Jerry. Sadly, there isn't. If you haven't already, I would be sure to check all county institutions such as county hospitals, and even the county morgues. (Not a pleasant thought, but they should be checked for John Does). There is always the possibility that he wandered off in to the woods and has come to his final rest there. Regardless, I will continue to pray for answers for you and your family. God Bless You!

Peashak would know about the dental situation right away. That would certainly narrow it down quickly. Great find mikkismom!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back