MA MA - John, 69, & Geraldine Magee, 67, Andover, 14 Dec 2011

Real estate and development? And the north end? I'm going with mob related. It's a well known fact that in the northeast, organized crime has their fingers in the pie of any major development projects. Perhaps someone didn't get their payoff on a job that Magee's company was involved in?

:twocents:

This article supports your theory. Haven't seen it before...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...murders-jack-geraldine-magee-article-1.993089

Police eye mob in Massachusetts mansion murders of Jack and Geraldine Magee

For such a high profile crime, LE sure is being especially mum.

I think it was a hit, of sorts, but WHO hired them is up for grabs.

Guess all LE can do is 'follow the money.'

JMHO
fran

Just wondering why you included "conservative" in your description. If they'd been progressive Dems, would that change the direction of the investigation?

what? don't get it . . . what do Democrats have to do with this? I thought it was the son . . .

just checking for updates

I used to live in Andover until I moved south about a year and a half ago. It's very surprising to hear something like this in Andover. I'm interested in what exactly went on here. So very sad for the family.

http://m.eagletribune.com/eagletrib/pm_101676/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=j0EdgIJI

DA:Case remains 'a high priority

ANDOVER — A neighbor noticed a car sitting at the end of the long driveway at 7 Orchard Crossing one evening earlier this month and reported the “suspicious activity” to police.

This is the home where the bodies of husband and wife John “Jack” Magee, 69, and Geraldine “Jeri” Magee, 67, were found shot to death execution-style on a cold Dec. 14 morning last year.

Three police officers responded to the suspicious car call just before 10 p.m. on July 3, but they were unable to find anything, according to the town’s police log. The caller later told police that the vehicle headed toward the dead end, and was unable to give a full description of the car.

In the seven months since, the murders remain a mystery. Authorities are not releasing any new details, and police have not publicly identified a motive or suspect. At the time, authorities said the shootings were an isolated act and there was no need for residents to fear that a killer was running loose in the community.

Andover Police Renew Search For Information In Magee Murders

Local authorities are asking the public for help in the investigation of the killings of a husband and wife nearly a year after they were found shot to death in their Andover home.

John Magee Jr. and Geraldine Magee were found dead by their daughter on Dec. 14, 2011. The couple’s torched SUV was found the previous night, 20 miles away in Boston. Magee was a prominent developer who specialized in luxury homes.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/12/08/andover-police-renew-search-for-information-in-magee-murders/

Maybe this was true in the past, but the Mob are pretty much dead in New England now. The Angiullos, Patriarcas and the Irish are all dead or in jail. What remains of the Italians is involved in illegal gambling rings, not in real estate development. Also, if the Mob WAS involved, they wouldn't just leave the car in their own stomping grounds in the North End. LOL. The car would never be found in the first place - it would be at the bottom of the Merrimack River by now. The car was placed there to throw off LE.

Yes, perhaps the responsible party or parties attempted to hint it was mob related.

The company website says they cater to the Latino Community, and are a global corporation. Company also into securing data. Hmmm.

I'm thinking this crime may not be solved at all.

Don't at all think it was someone who knew them, but someone intent on killing Magee for business reasons, competitive or otherwise, and his wife got it because they were together. This was a hit job, and whoever ordered it, likely has otherwise clean hands. JMO.

Mystery of wealthy elderly couple gunned down in 'mob style' hit inside their $1M mansion

08:51 EST, 11 December 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lled-elderly-couple-John-Geraldine-Magee.html

Thanks Fran! This is the first I've heard of the SUV. What does the SUV tell us? More than one person involved to get to the Magee's house then drive away their car? Car was torched to destroy evidence? Or staged attempt to make it look like a robbery gone wrong and steer away from a personal vendetta? I don't think a professional hit man would have taken the car, but IDK?

Nearly two years after elderly couple were murdered execution style inside their palatial home, Massachusetts authorities are renewing their appeal to the public for help in finding the culprit.
Real estate developer John ‘Jack’ Magee, 69, and his 67-year-old wife, Geraldine ‘Jeri’ Magee, were found murdered in their Andover home by their daughter December 14, 2011.
The couple’s Lexus SUV was found torched the previous night in Boston, about 20 miles away.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ouple-John-Geraldine-Magee.html#ixzz2nBers9rH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thanks Fran! This is the first I've heard of the SUV. What does the SUV tell us? More than one person involved to get to the Magee's house then drive away their car? Car was torched to destroy evidence? Or staged attempt to make it look like a robbery gone wrong and steer away from a personal vendetta? I don't think a professional hit man would have taken the car, but IDK?

Nearly two years after elderly couple were murdered execution style inside their palatial home, Massachusetts authorities are renewing their appeal to the public for help in finding the culprit.
Real estate developer John ‘Jack’ Magee, 69, and his 67-year-old wife, Geraldine ‘Jeri’ Magee, were found murdered in their Andover home by their daughter December 14, 2011.
The couple’s Lexus SUV was found torched the previous night in Boston, about 20 miles away.

Taking the car seems to me to be a risk that would only be taken out of necessity. This leads me to guess the murder was not planned. The perp however was careful and deliberate. I wonder what the couple did on their last day and if somebody could have driven home from work that day with Mr. Magee. Also i wonder if they had a security system in use.

Bump! Oh and I don't consider people in their 60's as elderly!

Well, I am 64 years old and may look elderly, but I don't consider myself as elderly! YET.

This couple had so much to look forward to. I prefer to call them a 'senior' couple. I believe this was someone who knew this couple and it was personal.

Yeah my dad turned 65 this week. Hard to think of him as elderly to 'senior'!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back