MA MA - John, 69, & Geraldine Magee, 67, Andover, 14 Dec 2011

Taking the car seems to me to be a risk that would only be taken out of necessity. This leads me to guess the murder was not planned. The perp however was careful and deliberate. I wonder what the couple did on their last day and if somebody could have driven home from work that day with Mr. Magee. Also i wonder if they had a security system in use.

BBM. New details released re: what the couple did the day before. Jack was at a construction site, and then home at 4:25 with Jeri and John, the son. John left by 4:30 in Jack's truck.

No Arrests Seven Years After Brutal Andover Murder

ANDOVER, MA -- Thursday marked the seventh anniversary since John and Geraldine Magee were found shot to death in their home at 7 Orchard Crossing in Andover, and has they have done every year since 2011, Andover Police and Essex County District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett renewed calls for the public's assistance in solving the cold case.

Derrick Lavasseur recently covered this case on his Detective Perspective.

He doesn't buy into the whole 'mafia connection' and agrees that leaving the car at the North End was just to throw people off. But interestingly he doesn't think this was that 'organized' of a crime. He argues that whoever drove the car 30-35 minutes away would've risked being seen by people, picked up on home or business surveillance, or even pulled over by a cop. As others have pointed out, a professional would not have taken these risks. Plus, why drive a car from a sparsely populated neighborhood to a more densely populated one?

However, Derrick believes John was killed first, followed by Geri while she was trying to aid her husband. Couldn't it have been the other way around? It seems simpler to me that since Geri had only one gunshot, she was the first to be killed—possibly caught by surprise and didn't even know what happened. Then when John heard the gunshot, he rushed to see what was going on, tried to flee when he saw the killer(s), and that's why it took three shots to kill him.

So I wonder: we hear a lot about John and his business etc., but what do we know about Geri? I mean, obviously she shares in the business as John's wife so she could've still been a target because of that, and maybe just happened to be closer to the killer's point of entry. But could something have been going on in her own life that led to this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back