MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we are going to hear everything they have in evidence until the judge gavels court in session. Police seem to have confirmed this witnesses' statement somehow, because they seem sure a car was involved and the witness puts one there at the scene of the murder at the precise time of the murder. I imagine they know what type of car too. They just want corroboration to seal the deal. Imho

That makes some sense. I presumed they wanted details to find the perpetrator. If its some sort of rarer style of vehicle that could helped narrow things down

I think I missed something; if there's a credible witness who saw a vehicle, what kind of vehicle did they see? Why has the information request been so vague? I think people would remember "broken down red station wagon" if prompted a lot better than "report any vehicles you saw on an otherwise totally normal road you drive on all the time"

So let's say sock boy really is still their primary suspect, he drives a red station wagon, and police know that.

Police aren't going to say, "we are looking for people who saw a red station wagon", because everyone would think they saw one, people might come forward and lie stating they saw one, and it probably makes it a lot harder in court to prove any witness who comes forward is legit.

However, if they say, "we are looking for someone who saw a car", knowing sock boy drives a red station wagon, then they don't have to work as hard to prove the witness is telling the truth.

In fact, we know there is an eyewitness who saw a car, and maybe police are looking for additional witnesses who saw the same car just to back up their witness.

As to the man in socks: ok we hear his brother notified police when he did not come in to work, and we hear his employer did the same. Is that to mean he works for his brother? That was the feeling I got from the news bits. Also, the work was around the corner from where she was found. Could this mean he is in the trades, working for his brother on someone's house nearby?

Or he works for his Father.

I haven't really given "sockboy" too much serious thought. What I did find odd is that he said he was at the local pond. I have not seen this discussed here. Where is this pond locals?

If he happened to have mud on his tires, dirt or shrubbery in the cuff of his denims or any other curious evidence from nature, this seemed like an explanation he would use to cover his activities.

Has he been cleared?

I don't think we are going to hear everything they have in evidence until the judge gavels court in session. Police seem to have confirmed this witnesses' statement somehow, because they seem sure a car was involved and the witness puts one there at the scene of the murder at the precise time of the murder. I imagine they know what type of car too. They just want corroboration to seal the deal. Imho
I agree. I'm close to an abduction and murder case. Myself and a few others told the authorities about the vehicle that first day. They still asked the public about a vehicle. If I remember correctly, no one knew about this except those of us who were involved. The trial was years later.

I haven't really given "sockboy" too much serious thought. What I did find odd is that he said he was at the local pond. I have not seen this discussed here. Where is this pond locals?

If he happened to have mud on his tires, dirt or shrubbery in the cuff of his denims or any other curious evidence from nature, this seemed like an explanation he would use to cover his activities.

Has he been cleared?

Could this be a pond?

pond.jpg

Could this be a pond?

attachment.php
There is a pond called Cobb Pond nearby. That could be it.

Some other red flags must have lead his brother or employer to drop a dime on him...it's looking very interesting. A handyman or contractor would have a torch. His alibi is non existent. "Resting" is suspicious and why the no shoes? A hint to LE?

Yes, WideOpen. The pond is another oddity. And I love your Dad's wise saying!

O/T
Thank you so much for mentioning my father. I adore and miss him even more than I ever thought possible. He was a man who was honorable, wise, and lived a life full of adventure! Since he has gone, life has just been~ lonely.

jmo

STOP sleuthing and linking to social media of individuals who are not named POIs or suspect.

:tyou:

ETA: If a person is named in MSM, you may discuss what was said in MSM. You may NOT sleuth them or name them or link to their personal information.

OK so bringing this post forward I was complaining (#howodd) That the reporter was using junk to sensationalize...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ceton-7-August-2016-2&p=12757742#post12757742

Then Sunset nicely replied about something important there:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ceton-7-August-2016-2&p=12757782#post12757782

Then I was trying to reply (lol) ;

Well THAT is important but that plea for vehicle information had already been related by DA Early. So IMO LE already knows what Fox is trying to sensationalize. But the junk reporting that I found offensive is this supposedly experienced detective picking up trash, fondling it and then calling it important. LOL.

Gee for a newbie ( lol someone called you that upthread, sry) you do pretty good.

Anyway it seemed important at the time.

MOO

the "odd" part about it for me was that he said he didn't know if those bottles were part of the crime scene, yet he was "fondling" the bottle... But... That was the first time I had heard about a witness seeing a car there... So that was good and new info.. But yes, I agree with you on the sensationalism... And yep... I'm an amateur "newbie" on this site. I'll try only to comment or post relevant factual stuff from here on..

Just curious to the person who posted the pic of the lake, did you think kid was sockboy?

1).Was Sock Boy (SB) in socks because he threw out his shoes somewhere knowing they could place him at the scene? Maybe some blood spatter, mud, etc.

2). Why would his employer notify police that SB was missing the day of her murder and then again the next day. What does he (the boss) know about SB that he would contact police. IMO, that says volumes.

3). SB has admitted he had his phone off those two days. Why? Is it because he didn't want to speak with anyone or did he know police could ping his phone and therefore his location.

4). VM made it a habit to visit her mother on the weekends. A jog on Sunday before she left for the city was also a weekly ritual.

5). SB had a job near where VM was staying with her mother.

6). SB'S family is no longer talking to anyone.

Yes, lots of red flags.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Hate to say it, but I wonder if anyone came across any burnt animal remains in that same neighborhood over the years.

1).Was Sock Boy (SB) in socks because he threw out his shoes somewhere knowing they could place him at the scene? Maybe some blood spatter, mud, etc.

2). Why would his employer notify police that SB was missing the day of her murder and then again the next day. What does he (the boss) know about SB that he would contact police. IMO, that says volumes.

3). SB has admitted he had his phone off those two days. Why? Is it because he didn't want to speak with anyone or did he know police could ping his phone and therefore his location.

4). VM made it a habit to visit her mother on the weekends. A jog on Sunday before she left for the city was also a weekly ritual.

Yes, lots of red flags.

I wish sock boy would just wave his bare arms in front of the camera and put me out of my quandary one way or the other.

Is that why he sat at the pond for a couple days? To avoid being seen?

and his shoes..were they charred?

I'm right there with you...something's not right, but I don't know just what.

But like we've said if they have his DNA his goose is cooked. I see so many case where it seems like convict on dna alone so whats the hold up

Yes, lots of red flags.

any links? I'm curious thanks. I must have missed something. darn.
I hope they catch him quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member