MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The size and location of one's home is not always a key indicator of their wealth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true of course.

But it does make me wonder if her fathers current location was not the same as the home she grew up in.

An online search brings up his address pretty readily. What if this stalker was a neighbor who talked with her father frequently and had that info (regarding visits to MA, her love of running, etc)?

How would he know the specifics of when and where she ran though?

The neighborhood and size of their house has nothing to do with their ability to provide an expensive education for their daughter, scholarship or not... It's fair to assume that someone in a large house in an upscale neighborhood might have money, but you can't say the opposite is true for someone living in a ranch in an inexpensive community. People choose to manage and spend their money in different ways, and perhaps they spent less on housing in order to spend more on education.

Yes of course that's possible.

But I know a lot of people who went to Bancroft and none lived in small homes like that.

It could mean absolutely nothing....but it could also be due to the fact her father downsized after the divorce.

And if that's the case, the neighborhood he currently lived could be different from her childhood neighborhood and I was bringing it up to explore if that were perhaps the case and how it might fit in hear.

we don't know with certainty either way, so why dismiss it as a possibility?

Also, her father's home seems to have been listed a few times over the years but not sold. It appears to be worth more than most homes in the area. More than I would have expected. It last sold in 2005 so she would have been a teen.

Perhaps that was when her parents divorced? Maybe he downsized after.

If that were true, I wonder if she lived with him, or her mom....did her mom live in Princeton right away?

I'm questioning this because my thinking is PERHAPS she actually was living in Princeton at her aunt and uncles for the last 1-2 yrs of HS. And perhaps that would increase her chances of being better acquainted with peers in town

When putting things on a map, I try to stick to information I can tie to a mainstream media link, as generally required by Websleuths' terms of service for posts. Slip too far from that standard, and you risk to pass on BS, or to spread real information that press professionals held back on for ethical grounds or privacy concerns . But if you stick too closely to that standard, you risk to miss good, helpful information that Websleuthers come up with. I've put in a map marker for Rocky1's identification of the father's general neighborhood. The press has already cited John Marcotte as Vanessa's father and a Leominster resident, Rocky clearly has local knowledge of the area, and people have been careful, on the thread, to make it clear that the father isn't suspected of anything.

Yes I understand all that....my question was more if rocky new where the father lived through Internet search or through personal knowledge.

Yes of course that's possible.

But I know a lot of people who went to Bancroft and none lived in small homes like that.

It could mean absolutely nothing....but it could also be due to the fact her father downsized after the divorce.

And if that's the case, the neighborhood he currently lived could be different from her childhood neighborhood and I was bringing it up to explore if that were perhaps the case and how it might fit in hear.

we don't know with certainty either way, so why dismiss it as a possibility?

It's also not a small home. It's a 4 bedroom house.

Same way we've all been able to find out. Just searching MapMyRun brought that info up.

She had set her runs to private a year before the crime....I don't think non runners and non map my runners would have acces to this info though. How would they even know she uses map my run?

Yes, that is the one

Thinkhard originally brought this to all our attention.

What is the WS policy on discussing this? Do we need an official ruling here?

I know everyone has their own take on the burning, but it has always struck me as an act of remorse. Almost like they couldn't stand to look at her after what they had done.....and quite literally tried to erase her....I believe most likely with a blow torch.

Which is probably what always made me feel that the perp knew her, to me the burning felt more personal, then just an attempt to cover evidence. But perhaps it was twofold.

IF my hunch is right and burning was about remorse.....I can also see remorse leading to suicide.

<modsnip>

An unrelated question: I remember seeing or reading about a link to a circular burn area. Was this on the cart path? Are any pictures or links for this still available?
Thinkhard originally brought this to all our attention.

What is the WS policy on discussing this? Do we need an official ruling here?

She had set her runs to private a year before the crime....I don't think non runners and non map my runners would have acces to this info though. How would they even know she uses map my run?
I don't know, but it's a very popular app. I'm not even a diehard runner and still have it for tracking jogs, walks, hikes, and kayaking. If someone was serious about actually stalking her, it'd be an easy starting point. Not even convinced this scenario is most likely, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Some posts have been removed. They involve speculation about a fatal car crash being somehow connected to this case. Local rumor is not appropriate source material for speculation or theorizing. Unless or until LE or the MSM suggest there is a connection please discontinue discussing it in relation to the murder of Vanessa Marcotte. Thank you.

This thread will close in a few minutes. A new one is being prepared for you.

Please move the discussion to Thread #4

I will close this one in 5 minutes.

please move to thread #4 linked above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads