Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good grief! Did you read this in that interview...!!?

"She has also briefly talked to him about Russian internet expert Sergey Malinka, 22, who has also been quizzed by police.
One question is whether phone records prove the pair spoke late on the night Madeleine disappeared, when Murat claims he was asleep.
But Dawn says: "Rob hasn't talked to me about whether or not they spoke on the night. It's up to him to tell me if he wants to."​

PALEEEEEZEEEE!!! Why would his wife not GRILL him over this!!!???????

and that little girl looks so much like Madeleine it's erie...​

Oh good grief! Did you read this in that interview...!!?

"She has also briefly talked to him about Russian internet expert Sergey Malinka, 22, who has also been quizzed by police.
One question is whether phone records prove the pair spoke late on the night Madeleine disappeared, when Murat claims he was asleep.
But Dawn says: "Rob hasn't talked to me about whether or not they spoke on the night. It's up to him to tell me if he wants to."​

PALEEEEEZEEEE!!! Why would his wife not GRILL him over this!!!???????​

and that little girl looks so much like Madeleine it's erie...​

OMG, that pic gave me chills. Thanks for the link Morag. The reason she didn't grill him is because she doesn't really want to know.

All I've been hearing about is the McCann's upcoming visit with the Pope. I'm surprised they didn't take their twins, to have those children blessed by the Pope himself would have been BIG, and a once in a lifetime experience for any Catholic. They should have done that. But, they were left without their parents in the same foreign land their sister was taken from. I don't get it.

Here's a link to the interview with the ex wife, and there's a picture of the Madeleine lookalike.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/...objectid=19205643&siteid=98487-name_page.html

What I personally feel with this article is that they have been quite selective in their reporting of their time with Murat’s ex wife. It was this newspapers reporter (Lori Campbell) who ‘shopped’ Murat to the police (although it is claimed he was already under surveillance) whilst they were busy talking to Murats ex – the reporter who shopped him (Lori Campbell) was in Portugal conducting the piece for the McCanns interview in the same paper – same day!

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/...objectid=19206226&siteid=98487-name_page.html

THE SEARCH FOR MADELEINE DAY 25 'We sleep with twins in our bed..they are our only comfort now'

Lori Campbell In Praia Da Luz Lori.Campbell@Sundaymirror.Co.Uk 27/05/2007

. This newspaper and reporter came under fire when it was not a foregone conclusion that Murat had any involvement, and were almost accused of Trial by Media. I think it would suit them if he was found to have an involvement – as it would exonerate them. They seem to be keeping a foot in both camps –IMHO….. Despite the ‘implications’ in the article with Murats ex:-

She is adamant Murat is innocent, saying: "He wouldn't hurt a fly. There is no way he could have done anything to that little girl."

On this evening news:-
http://www.itv.com/news/index.html
http://mfile2.akamai.com/22743/wmv/...621/news/fae8c7e564ee1b730f20f668461ac52f.asx

The McCanns saying goodbye to the twins, getting on the freebie private jet on their way to Rome to meet the Pope........all of course with a camera crew in tow..........I'm sorry but there's just something about the way that they are conducting all this in the media glare - I just dont buy that its all publicity for their missing daughter-cant put my finger on it, but there really is something about these two that just aint sitting right with me.

I don't agree with you MoonGoddess. I think they are doing EVERYTHING right in the media. They are using the media to make sure we don't forget about their little girl. I would do everything they are doing. They are desperate to find their daughter and if that means they suck-up to the media, then by God do it! They aren't doing anything wrong!

Also, the picture of Murat's daughter is just creepy. I'm sorry, but she looks too much like Madeleine and it's too much of a coincidence that he had tons of child *advertiser censored* on his computer, had late night conversations with the Russion (after the Russian said he hadn't talked with him over a year and changed his story three times).

I also agree with the CarpeDiem. His ex-wife didn't ask because she doesn't REALLY want to know and I don't think he would tell her anyway. I think he's using his wife to protest his innocence.

And I seriously doubt the Portuguese police would have made Murat a suspect solely based off the suspicions of a journalist. They have more on him. They just need the smoking gun and maybe they are trying to find that. God, I hope so!

This case is breaking my heart. I just want her found safe and sound!

Stacy

OMG, that pic gave me chills. Thanks for the link Morag. The reason she didn't grill him is because she doesn't really want to know.

All I've been hearing about is the McCann's upcoming visit with the Pope. I'm surprised they didn't take their twins, to have those children blessed by the Pope himself would have been BIG, and a once in a lifetime experience for any Catholic. They should have done that. But, they were left without their parents in the same foreign land their sister was taken from. I don't get it.[/quote]

I didn't get that either. I would feel nobody I left them with (family or otherwise) could watch them like myself. They should hire body guards for them if they are going to leave the babies.

Here are some interesting comments from Murat in the article by the reporter who "shopped" Murat. It looks as though he- first thing Friday morning- already knew about a missing child. And the comment about his daughter looking like Madeleine is a little confusing--it almost sounds as though he knew what Madeleine looked like before he went there. I wonder how fast the word spread through the village as to exactly what happened?
Murat told his wife that he was asleep (at a time when he supposedly talked to the Russian computer guy) so he must have been informed as soon as he woke up...This guy has to be involved.

The upset he exhibited to his wife, having to talk to his daughter to make sure she was all right- here's how I interpret that:
He didn't get a good look at Madeleine's face when he took her. When he saw her picture on tv, perhaps he thought they (the other bad guys) had somehow kidnapped his daughter.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/tm_method=full&objectid=19135270&s

"It was first thing Friday morning. I went to the McCanns apartment and immediately offered my services to police as a translator."

"I asked why he was so touched by her disappearance. "I have a daughter of the same age," he replied. "In fact, she's the spitting image of Madeleine. I felt sick to the stomach when I heard. I rushed here as soon as I could to offer my help."

Maybe the twins are being better cared for by who ever has them..hopefully their caretakers will have better ideas on how to supervise children then their own parents do.

but even if the wife 'thought' he wouldn't tell her if he had or had not talked to the Russian Computer Guy I would think she would still grill him over it. Just the way she was so nochalant in her answer is 'off' to me.

Here's a link to the interview with the ex wife, and there's a picture of the Madeleine lookalike.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/...objectid=19205643&siteid=98487-name_page.html

Interesting things from this article...

"Mother Dawn, seen protectively cuddling Sofia, has allowed us to show her daughter's face as she breaks her silence over her ex-husband's arrest."

"HE was agitated and tearful when he rang begging to speak to Sofia just hours after Madeleine was snatched"

"He told her he was a key player in the police operation - now shown to be untrue."

"Another question is why Murat, who had access to both his own and to his mother's car, was so keen to get hold of a hire vehicle two days after he was arrested."

Things that make you go ... :waitasec:

Come on people! We are back to bashing the parents. This is about Madeleine and finding her.

Also, the twins lives are already in upheaval. Why torment them by dragging them on an emotional trip they don't need to be on. It's going to be hard enough on the McCann's to see the Pope. Why should their children have to be subjected to something they aren't used to? And I'm sure there will be lots of media there for that. Being in Portugal is totally different than being in the presence of the Holy Father and in Rome.

Come on! Let's get real about this. They are doing what they have to for Madeleine, but also trying to keep some sort of balance and routine for their other two children.

Again, I know the majority of the people on this board are intelligent, caring people. Let's not keep rehashing what the parents did wrong. What's done is done. Let's use our energy and prayers to find Madeleine!

You can try to excuse the parents all you want......some of us have different opinions and we are allowed to express them
The parents are copping flack because of their continuing poor choices.....if they had used better judgement in the first place we wouldnt even be here discussing this case.

You can try to excuse the parents all you want......some of us have different opinions and we are allowed to express them
The parents are copping flack because of their continuing poor choices.....if they had used better judgement in the first place we wouldnt even be here discussing this case.

I whole heartedly agree with you.

Vernon Coleman has been writing articles and columns for national newspapers since 1964. Over the last twenty years, he's written columns for the Daily Star, The Sun, Sunday Express, Planet on Sunday and The People, and has contributed over 5,000 articles, columns and reviews to 100 leading British publications including the Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph, Guardian, Observer, Sunday Times, Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, Daily Express, Woman, Womans Own, Punch and Spectator. His columns and articles have also appeared in hundreds of leading magazines and newspapers throughout the rest of the world.

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/main.htm

Are Madeleine McCann's Parents Guilty Of Neglect? (And Is This Really The Biggest News Story In Britain?)

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vernon Coleman [/FONT]

Not every journalist in the UK is sypmathetic to the McCanns.

Boy do Maddie and Sofia look alike. I think it is even more creepy though how much Maddie looks like Dawn (Murat's ex-wife).

You got that right dingo.:clap:
The parents made an error in judgment and the result of that judgment was Maddy being taken. The parent's neglect or poor judgment IS part of the crime.

Originally Posted by Morag

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/s...name_page.html
Good lordy. Maddie looks more like Sophia's mom Dawn, than she does her own mom.

Having traveled alot with 2 toddlers myself (not twins), I can understand leaving them safely in the care of the aunt. Their routine will be kept as normal as possible, and they will be safe. The parents, meanwhile, can concentrate on the purpose of their trip (which is only a day or so) and then return posthaste. This makes sense to me, as a parent, and shows that the McCanns are actively thinking about what is best for their children. It is tragic they did not show this forethought previously.

I pray God that I will never know their anguish and heartache. I do not personally feel they are involved (other than leaving her alone that night). I do not presume to know how I would react, or act, or what my actions would be. I do think I would move heaven and earth to find her. If that means "sucking up to the media" as someone else put it, I would do that. I would see every dignitary, president, queen, king or pope who would hold audience with me if it meant keeping her disappearance in the public spotlight.

Sadly, in the US I haven't seen her case mentioned in the news in over a week. I have to check online for news. I pray the coverage continues in the rest of the world and that it helps find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven