Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone :blowkiss:,

Am loving that Aussie blogger-he doesn't mince his words does he....really hope he doesn't get :silenced:

and why aren't the parents in Malta? instead of letting off fricking balloons and doves :banghead:

This blog by a hard hitting Australian is worth a look and is asking the same questions as most would like answers to, also found it offensive that he couldn't even spell his daughters name correctly:-

http://ionglobaltrends.blogspot.com/search/label/Madeleine%20McCann
McCann, could you at least try to get your daughter's name right? Yet again on your damage control and revenue raising website, you have her name wrong. You never get the twins names wrong - only Madeleine's. Do you know how offensive it is to others to see the name of a tiny missing girl, continuously spelt incorrectly - especially when it's by the girl's own father?

First you lose your daughter, then you lose her photographs, then you repeatedly get her name wrong. What sort of a father are you for God's sake?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Six Questions for the McCanns

I think this blogger is just being a jerk as far as this name thing goes. The name 'Madeleine' is on the website, and in that particular part at least 10 or 15 times, then on one occasion Gerry spells it Maddeleine... maybe he was typing Maddie but then decides to get back to the full Madeleine as used everywhere on their site, and left the extra 'd' accidentally. This is the same piece of text where Gerry spells 'committemnt'. I think a little bit of paranoia is setting in for some people who really have nothing to do with this case at all.

.. maybe he was typing Maddie but then decides to get back to the full Madeleine as used everywhere on their site, and left the extra 'd' accidentally. This is the same piece of text where Gerry spells 'committemnt'. I think a little bit of paranoia is setting in for some people who really have nothing to do with this case at all.

Early in the case one news media person in an intereview referred to Madeleine as 'Maddie'.. and the McCann's were very quick to correct them saying it is NOT Maddie... it is 'Madeleine'.

From the way the blogger writes, it sounds as if GM has gotten the spelling of Madeleine's name wrong more than once.

Hi Everyone :blowkiss:,

Am loving that Aussie blogger-he doesn't mince his words does he....really hope he doesn't get :silenced:

and why aren't the parents in Malta? instead of letting off fricking balloons and doves :banghead:

Excellent question, MG. That is where I'd be today if I learned my daughter was sighted there five times in the past week.

Jdee said:
or pay volunteers to go door to door if they don't want to.

Hire a bunch of teenagers, give each of them 100 flyers and send them door-to-door in Malta with Madeleine's picture and notice of the reward. If that little girl is there, someone knows it and maybe promise of money would loosen some tongues.

The McCanns also asked newspapers and TV stations to stop using pictures of their other two children, two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie, to protect their privacy.

They said their campaign to find Madeleine would now become "event-driven" with the aim of putting her image at the front of people's minds.
Source: Sky News

They've been out there practically doing photoshoots with their young twins when they should've been more concerned with keeping Maddie's picture out there from the get-go. It makes sense to worry about the twins pictures being in the media, but they're the ones who seemed to be into the photo-ops!

And if sightings of Madeleine in Malta isn't an event, I don't know what is. These two parents need to get off their duffs and start actually doing something to find their little girl.

and if a child has been seen in Malta that someone felt was Madeleine in a dark wig.. WHY have we not seen ANY pics from the McCann team of Madeleine with a wig on? The ONLY ones I've seen are the ones sleuths here have done!

The McCanns also asked newspapers and TV stations to stop using pictures of their other two children, two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie, to protect their privacy.

They said their campaign to find Madeleine would now become "event-driven" with the aim of putting her image at the front of people's minds.

Source: Sky News

They've been out there practically doing photoshoots with their young twins when they should've been more concerned with keeping Maddie's picture out there from the get-go. It makes sense to worry about the twins pictures being in the media, but they're the ones who seemed to be into the photo-ops!

HELLO!!!! ...........what was this all about then:doh:

http://i11.tinypic.com/630kns1.jpg

http://i11.tinypic.com/4qdzmuu.jpg

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,91210-1267634-2,00.html

to display but a few!!!:banghead: .........OMGG.......what is it with these two.......what are they not getting paid enough for them???

Thanks for the link MG.

A snippet from the blog...........
====================================

No they haven't. They haven't searched for her anywhere.

What they have done is travelled around Europe in a private jet, met the Pope, political dignitaries, city officials (none of whom are in a position to offer much in the .

Why did they not tour the streets, clubs and bars? I agree, that even if they...........................SNIP

Petra, if I ever lose a child, (Good Lord above, please forbid) I want you and others on here to be our workers and brain for the rescue. I have respect for your opinion Petra and know you know what you're talking about.

I don't mean to defend Madeleine's parents, I do admit their actions have been "different", just wondering if they are perfect examples of "all book sense and no common sense". You would think they'd hire someone to show them how to actually hunt for Madeleine, but maybe in their upper crust world, this is how it is perceived to be done----just keep making headlines rather than doing actual footwork. I dunno, just wondering out loud. For some reason I can't bring myself to believe yet that the McCann's had a hand in her disappearance, but their actions aren't helping their cause very much it seems.

Sky news article within the last hour--

McCaans thank media and wellwishers......

Article starts to look back at events...
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1271890,00.html

Sounds like the *new campaign* and pr group are in place :rolleyes:

How many cases have we seen in which inexperienced LE muck up investigations from the get-go! And what is it about these departments that make it impossible for them to ask for help from more-experienced officers? If the Portugal police are so inept, maybe they should've gotten Interpol involved right away.

Just because that one particular photo wasn't of Madeleine doesn't mean she isn't in Malta and hasn't been sighted by other people. The McCanns need to hire search teams to go to the island and hand out photos of their daughter to anyone they can find, nationals and visitors. And if someone on Malta has a child who resembles Madeleine, it would be wise for them to produce her so the police can stop looking for her.

Police have received a total of 12 reports from persons who have alleged to have sighted missing Madeleine McCann in Malta.

The first report of a sighting of the missing girl reached the Maltese Police on the 27th May. A Maltese national claimed the girl had been seen in Valletta in the company of a man one week earlier.

A second report was filed on the 17th June, when two British women claimed to have seen a girl remarkably similar to Madeleine McCann near the Floriana bus terminus. The girl was seen in company of a middle-aged woman. The two boarded a bus headed for Qawra and alit it once they reached St Paul’s Bay.

Following media reports pertaining to the case which were published in the media on Thursday, Police received seven further reports of alleged sightings. Police said that the reports were given by six women, one man and an anonymous person. The person or persons allegedly accompanying the child differed in the reports. The girl was allegedly seen in Valletta, Sliema, Mdina and Marsascala in the days and weeks leading up to Thursday, 21st June.

The latest report was made on Friday when an anonymous caller told Police that the 4-year-old girl might have been seen in Baħar iċ-Ċagħaq on Thursday. A further report, also filed on Friday, claimed that a similar looking girl was also seen in Marsascala about a fortnight ago.
More at link above.

and another article from MaltaMedia.com
Police have confirmed to MaltaMedia that there have been a number of reports of alleged sightings of missing Madeleine McCann around Malta. Police told MaltaMedia on Friday that investigations are underway and a magisterial inquiry has been launched. They could not give MaltaMedia any further details.

According to The Daily Mail, five different possible sightings have been reported on the island since the weekend.

Stricter controls in all of Malta’s departure points have been ordered. Plainclothes Police have been carrying out intensive searches in various Maltese towns and cities, mainly those hosting large numbers of tourists.
(I'm glad to hear this!! SieSie)

Photographs of the young girl have also been distributed to Police and Officials working at the Maltese airport and ports.
More at link above.

So here are the places where there were reported sightings in Malta:
-- Valletta
-- Floriana – bus headed for Qawra
-- Sliema
-- Mdina
-- Marsascala
-- Baħar iċ-Ċagħaq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics