Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder the article mentions that the BKA have known since 2017, does it refer to the fingerprint or generally about CB being involved in MM's disappearance?
I did wonder that too. The way it is reported in the article makes it sound like BKA have known about the fingerprint since 2017 -

By amazing fortune, the programme will reveal, while he had attempted to clean up the scene he left a partial fingerprint on the knife.

“Initially German police believed all the evidence had been destroyed,” said an investigator working on the film Der Fall Maddie – auf der Spur des Taters (meaning The Maddie Case – on the trail of the culprit).

“But while most of it was thrown away by Portuguese police, luckily the main bits had been uploaded onto a computer, including half a fingerprint, which links to Brueckner.

It makes it a very clear case and the prosecutors in Germany have known about this for some time, since 2017 in fact.

“Wolters is very sure about it and is set to proceed with the conviction now, and we are pretty certain it will be in February.”

But if they knew about it then, why didn't BKA charge him in 2019 when they put him on trial for the DM rape. And why didn't HB seem to know anything about the German investigation? She only came forward after the news about CB and the MM case broke in 2020.

Police in Portugal reopen rape investigation after claim against Madeleine McCann suspect

Last month, when German drifter Christian B was named as the main suspect in the Madeleine case - and Ms Behan read about his conviction for raping an American woman in strikingly similar circumstances - she contacted the Scotland Yard Madeleine squad.

So, yeah I'm not too sure if that statement about 2017 is accurate if it is referring to the fingerprint revelation.

Snippets from article (I was not asked to to register unless I wanted ad free articles, which I don't!)

The strongest is hinged around his fingerprints being left in the apartment of the rape victim, Hazel Behan, it has emerged.

According to a new TV documentary on German channel Sat.1, he had then picked up one of her kitchen knives to threaten her not to scream.

By amazing fortune, the programme will reveal, while he had attempted to clean up the scene he left a partial fingerprint on the knife.

“But while most of it was thrown away by Portuguese police, luckily the main bits had been uploaded onto a computer, including half a fingerprint, which links to Brueckner.

Thank you for that! Much appreciated.

I did wonder that too. The way it is reported in the article makes it sound like BKA have known about the fingerprint since 2017 -

“Initially German police believed all the evidence had been destroyed,” said an investigator working on the film Der Fall Maddie – auf der Spur des Taters (meaning The Maddie Case – on the trail of the culprit).

It makes it a very clear case and the prosecutors in Germany have known about this for some time, since 2017 in fact.

“Wolters is very sure about it and is set to proceed with the conviction now, and we are pretty certain it will be in February.”

But if they knew about it then, why didn't BKA charge him in 2019 when they put him on trial for the DM rape. And why didn't HB seem to know anything about the German investigation? She only came forward after the news about CB and the MM case broke in 2020.

Police in Portugal reopen rape investigation after claim against Madeleine McCann suspect

Last month, when German drifter Christian B was named as the main suspect in the Madeleine case - and Ms Behan read about his conviction for raping an American woman in strikingly similar circumstances - she contacted the Scotland Yard Madeleine squad.

So, yeah I'm not too sure if that statement about 2017 is accurate if it is referring to the fingerprint revelation.

HCW quoted that BKA were aware of CB around 2017. If already in the MM case should be the main question. It ist possible, that the clue in the MM case is based on the HB case. It could be that fingerprint. Maybe it has been found in or around 5A as well?

On another note, it appears the MWT doc is still in the process of being put together. On his twitter feed yesterday he posted he was doing the voice over work for episode 3. In response to someone asking when the documentary would be broadcast he says:

"All 3 episodes will be broadcast early next year. Given the nature of my investigation and what I have established it will be heavily published."

It could be that it is being released to coincide with the German doc coming out in February. Maybe this has even been at the request of BKA, to allow them to release certain details in their programmes, but only after they charge CB for those other crimes. Either way, MWT seems to be implying that he has found some new evidence during this investigation.

Corresponding with Christian B?

According to a podcast I watched the other day with Sonia P and Isabella M, the latter together with Ben S. author of the MM blog 'h42a' have been corresponding with CB while he is in prison. (So they say)

Apparently CB replied to IM with a four page letter, she doesn't really say much about what he wrote apart from that he is innocent and the only crimes against children he is guilty of is from when he was 17. (really!)
Ben S. is said to have had further correspondence with CB since that letter. Ben S. a seemingly healthy 35 year old passed away unexpectedly in early November.

I don't usually give much attention to the anti Mccann mob but was curious if there were any relevations. The podcast can be found via Twitter by searching using CB's name, the segment about this starts around the 37min mark.

I heard about it, think they may of done a podcast before, and I feel like they just witter on, and on, as you say, they are anti mccann, I personally don't feel they give anything new, I'd say make stuff up, but just my opinion,

Another article that seemingly originates from the Der Spiegel story but an interesting comment here from HCW:

“We are building a picture of Christian B and the methods he uses to commit his crimes. There are parallels with the case of the American tourist who was raped, the attack on Hazel Behan, and the abduction and murder of Madeleine McCann.

“In each case the person has come into the person’s apartment or property by breaking and entering, often not through the door.”

Madeleine McCann kidnap suspect 'faces new rape charge' in Algarve

He mentions 3 cases (DM, HB and MM) and then says there are common parallels with CB "often" (i.e. more than once) not "entering" through the door. But I'm pretty sure in the DM case it was said that CB entered via the patio door. In the HB case, he entered via the balcony. So... if (while comparing these 3 cases) they are saying he "often" doesn't enter through the door, surely they are saying they believe he entered 5A via the window...?

Last edited:
Referring to methods used by CB to gain entry .
Using the word " often" is completely wrong .The word by definition means many times or frequently.
Very doubtful anyone entered through the window . From an on the spot former UK detective examining it from the outside .
"The window is only absolute maximum 50cm wide, in reality about 46cm wide, and it's already a metre off the ground.
I had a [inaudible] at that and my shoulders are wider than that little window. So although you could climb in sideways you certainly can't jump in if you are a normal-sized person"

Perhaps it wasn’t just KM’s finger prints found on the shutters after all?
I believe there were fingerprints that were never identified, so it's possible.

P.J. POLICE FILES: FINGERPRINTS

Still keep coming back to that comment from HCW when asked if they have any evidence "placing" CB in 5A:

"I can’t say’ yes’ or ‘no’ because that would lead to a thousand more questions and I can’t go into details"

Fnding a fingerprint would be strong evidence but I suppose the defence could argue it got there via a previous burglary etc. Which could be why BKA place such importance on being able to prove he was in the vicinity that night.

Last edited:
Very doubtful anyone entered through the window . From an on the spot former UK detective examining it from the outside .
"The window is only absolute maximum 50cm wide, in reality about 46cm wide, and it's already a metre off the ground.
I had a [inaudible] at that and my shoulders are wider than that little window. So although you could climb in sideways you certainly can't jump in if you are a normal-sized person"
What an odd assessment tho. If going through a narrow gap, logic dictates you will go through it sideways. What idiot would "jump in" frontwards if their shoulders were wider than the opening?

I’m really expecting for the final proof from BKA and CB to be charged.
But on the other hand, just letting some other "naive" thoughts flowing.

DM rape and just a hair...
BH rape and half of a fingerprint matching CB?!

Time to be lethargic, time to miss the target man, time to identify the suspect, time to investigate, time to build the cases and time to any ”recreation”…?!

Are these evidences really consistent and well supported? Were they accurately rechecked by a competent/independent authority? Did these cases/accusations have any real contradictory evidence? Is the process documentation accessible anyhow?

Building a profile and methods that CB uses for his crimes...charge CB for those other crimes to then influence his charge also on MM just by "inherence"?!

New evidences during MM's investigation, but still and still not strong enough?! An then a documentary to be heavily published early next year?! Another (last) desperate appeal?!
Moving forward or just in innocuous circles...

Last edited:
He mentions 3 cases (DM, HB and MM) and then says there are common parallels with CB "often" (i.e. more than once) not "entering" through the door. But I'm pretty sure in the DM case it was said that CB entered via the patio door. In the HB case, he entered via the balcony. So... if (while comparing these 3 cases) they are saying he "often" doesn't enter through the door, surely they are saying they believe he entered 5A via the window...?

Or the patio doors but not the main entrance door...

I’m really expecting for the final proof from BKA and CB to be charged.
But on the other hand, just letting some other "naive" thoughts flowing.

DM rape and just a hair...
BH rape and half of a fingerprint matching CB?!

Time to be lethargic, time to miss the target man, time to identify the suspect, time to investigate, time to build the cases and time to any ”recreation”…?!

Are these evidences really consistent and well supported? Were they accurately rechecked by a competent/independent authority? Did these cases/accusations have any real contradictory evidence? Is the process documentation accessible anyhow?

Building a profile and methods that CB uses for his crimes...charge CB for those other crimes to then influence his charge also on MM just by "inherence"?!

New evidences during MM's investigation, but still and still not strong enough?! An then a documentary to be heavily published early next year?! Another (last) desperate appeal?!
Moving forward or just in innocuous circles...

Why are these evidences not good enough?! They are forensic evidence - a hair matching CB's DNA and it was good enough to charge him with the rape, and half a fingerptint on a knife that CB used- and more than enough proof that CB was there... i don't understand what you are doubting.

Why are these evidences not good enough?! They are forensic evidence - a hair matching CB's DNA and it was good enough to charge him with the rape, and half a fingerptint on a knife that CB used- and more than enough proof that CB was there... i don't understand what you are doubting.
On those evidences (hair and half a fingerprint) I was commenting if they had any contradictory and how was the real checking process of their veracity and by who (any competent authority?). I'm assuming CB's defense was really poor. Just curiosity.
On MM's case, yes, I'm still doubting if (even additional) evidence(s) will be really "concrete"/ strong enough. Even more when a new doc seems to be published soon.

On those evidences (hair and half a fingerprint) I was commenting if they had any contradictory and how was the real checking process of their veracity and by who (any competent authority?). I'm assuming CB's defense was really poor. Just curiosity.
On MM's case, yes, I'm still doubting if (even additional) evidence(s) will be really "concrete"/ strong enough. Even more when a new doc seems to be published soon.

My assumption is, that there is strong evidence in some cases. But there is so much more to discover. Like the allotment-raid shouldn't have something to do with MM. Maybe it had something to do with Monika P.....?!

We started with MM and by now, we have at least 6 possible cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500