Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering will it actually air? I'm wondering if he was aware of the Sat1 doc when he was making his own doc? I know he's been dealing with personal issues which likely delayed things his end. He may not have bargained on Sat1's doc airing before his own.

Basically, I'm wondering if he's gotten cold feet and realised that his promise of shocking new alibi evidence doesn't really stack up?

I've wondered that too but I find it difficult to believe he didn't know about the SAT1 docu.
He had retreated for a month+ with mental health issues, as he himself said, so I guess this has set him back a bit.

ETA: I checked the metadata for the Prime Suspect flyer on Drive-TV (broadcaster Ch5). It was created on the 10th of January 2022. I find it difficult to believe by that time MWT was oblivious of the SAT1 docu, especially since this was prepared together with JC.

Last edited:
I've wondered that too but I find it difficult to believe he didn't know about the SAT1 docu.
He had retreated for a month+ with mental health issues, as he himself said, so I guess this has set him back a bit.

Aware of it, yes, and the line it was taking, but not aware of how its content might impact upon his own in credibility terms since he was taking the opposite line.

For eg. are his 'alibi' witnesses new ones or just the same ones we're already aware of, happy to say and play with whoever is offering a payday?

ETA. If he has completely new witnesses, I'm 100% here for that.

Last edited:
Aware of it, yes, but possibly not aware of how its content might impact upon his own in credibility terms?
What MWT says he will do in this docu is test CB's alibi as he himself told MWT. This is in ep3.

from the flyer:

in a world exclusive, tests the account given by Christian B himself...
Mark uncovers new and exclusive information: revelations on the mobile phone number that links Christian B to the scene of Madeleine’s disappearance, and tracks down a known German paedophile he was communicating with.

could this be panikspatz who was also tracked down by JR?

Christian communicates exclusive with Mark giving a detailed account of what he was doing and where he when Madeline disappeared. And Mark tracks down the alibi that had a holiday fling with Christian B the very week, that Madeleine disappeared.

In ep 2, MWT talks with the father of IG. also in ep2 MWT checks the number and offers some possibilities that it may have been 35 km away.

ep3 has also new info - it's where CB gives MWT his alibi with a 18 year old German girl, with whom he says he had a fling that week. and MWT tests this alibi by speaking to her now husband.

I don't see any reason why this new documentary would cause MWT cold feet. Plenty of new people appearing, and the actual accounts of CB to MWT which is a first.

If he were to change his own interpretation he could do so, since he presents his opinion on the case in Ep3. they could re-record that part, though I don't think MWT reaches different conclusions in essence. One can notice that all the doubts on the case are introduced with 'may', 'may not', 'possible alibi'. If he were to be convinced, stronger verbs and adjectives would have been used. jmo

Last edited:
I'm wondering will it actually air? I'm wondering if he was aware of the Sat1 doc when he was making his own doc? I know he's been dealing with personal issues which likely delayed things his end. He may not have bargained on Sat1's doc airing before his own.

Basically, I'm wondering if he's gotten cold feet and realised that his promise of shocking new alibi evidence doesn't really stack up? Reputation considerations...

I did think about that tbh but thought if it wasn't going to air he could have said there was a hold up and didn't know when he would be ready to let Ch 5 have it.
I'm going to tweet Ch 5 later.

What MWT says he will do in this docu is test CB's alibi as he himself told MWT. This is in ep3.

from the flyer:

in a world exclusive, tests the account given by Christian B himself...
Mark uncovers new and exclusive information: revelations on the mobile phone number that links Christian B to the scene of Madeleine’s disappearance, and tracks down a known German paedophile he was communicating with.

could this be panikspatz who was also tracked down by JR?

Christian communicates exclusive with Mark giving a detailed account of what he was doing and where he when Madeline disappeared. And Mark tracks down the alibi that had a holiday fling with Christian B the very week, that Madeleine disappeared.

In ep 2, MWT talks with the father of IG. also in ep2 MWT checks the number and offers some possibilities that it may have been 35 km away.

ep3 has also new info - it's where CB gives MWT his alibi with a 18 year old German girl, with whom he says he had a fling that week. and MWT tests this alibi by speaking to her now husband.

I don't see any reason why this new documentary would cause MWT cold feet. Plenty of new people appearing, and the actual accounts of CB to MWT which is a first.

If he were to change his own interpretation he could do so, since he presents his opinion on the case in Ep3. they could re-record that part, though I don't think MWT reaches different conclusions in essence. One can notice that all the doubts on the case are introduced with 'may', 'may not', 'possible alibi'. If he were to be convinced, stronger verbs and adjectives would have been used. jmo

What you have to remember is people will say what they want, it's what you choose to believe,. I don't mean random people, but people that new him.
If you watched MWT ripper program you know what I mean, some people believe the stuff some don't,. Also I'm sure they spoke to the ripper many times, but couldn't put it on him,. There was even the early foto fit, before he murdered and itwas the image of him
MWT seems to let people do the talking

What you have to remember is people will say what they want, it's what you choose to believe,. I don't mean random people, but people that new him.
If you watched MWT ripper program you know what I mean, some people believe the stuff some don't,. Also I'm sure they spoke to the ripper many times, but couldn't put it on him,. There was even the early foto fit, before he murdered and itwas the image of him
MWT seems to let people do the talking
Of course! This is why I don't think MWT has been thrown away because of the SAT1 documentary. And indeed people will still believe what they want to

MWT and the Producer of the series will have a commercial arrangement with the broadcaster Channel 5 in respect of the content i.e. they commissioned it, directly or indirectly.

Scheduling likely has nothing to do with MWT

Last edited:

Basically, I'm wondering if he's gotten cold feet and realised that his promise of shocking new alibi evidence doesn't really stack up? Reputation considerations...

This gets a bit inside baseball, but the costs of producing 180mins of broadcast TV are still quite high, so although he is the front man for these series its not strictly 'his' documentary.

Roughly how this works is the broadcasters commission / buy concepts from production companies which then go away and create the content. MWT appears to partner with various production outfits to pitch and create true crime content. So in this case Channel 5 commissioned the content.

It may be that personal issues delayed the completion of the content, but i doubt Sat1 has anything to do with this. Scheduling is up to Channel 5, so it may be that they have other things running in the slots they want to use for now, or they prefer a different release timing

Last edited:
This gets a bit inside baseball, but the costs of producing 180mins of broadcast TV are still quite high, so although he is the front man for these series its not strictly 'his' documentary.

Roughly how this works is the broadcasters commission / buy concepts from production companies which then go away and create the content. MWT appears to partner with various production outfits to pitch and create true crime content. So in this case Channel 5 commissioned the content.

It may be that personal issues delayed the completion of the content, but i doubt Sat1 has anything to do with this. Scheduling is up to Channel 5, so it may be that they have other things running in the slots they want to use for now, or they prefer a different release timing

Ch5 bought the content. MWT worked with Screendog, a production company to produce it. It was neither Screendog's nor Ch5 's idea.

It is actually MWT's documentary- he pitches it, and he is responsible for the content. (Unless you mean it differently) The production company just helped direct it, film it, put together the different clips and possibly pitch it to broadcasters. MWT has worked with ITV and Ch5 before- Most possibly the delay is down to Ch5 since production finished in 2021

Programmes — ScreenDog Productions

Last edited:
Ch5 bought the content. MWT worked with Screendog, a production company to produce it. It was neither Screendog's nor Ch5 's idea.

It is actually MWT's documentary- he pitches it, and he is responsible for the content. (Unless you mean it differently) The production company just helped direct it, film it, put together the different clips and possibly pitch it to broadcasters. MWT has worked with ITV and Ch5 before- Most possibly the delay is down to Ch5 since production finished in 2021

Programmes — ScreenDog Productions

I believe this is what i said. I agree it's his concept, which he pitched to the commissioning broadcaster, as he has successfully done before.... i.e.

MWT appears to partner with various production outfits to pitch and create true crime content.

When I say it isn't "his" I mean the production costs on this could be easily over 6 figures, paid for by Channel 5. They own the rights to broadcast it.

I don't think this is a case where MWT self financed the content, and could subsequently decide to pull it.

All of which is a roundabout way of saying, I doubt Sat1 has anything to do with this. Nor doubts about the content.

Ch5 will want to get their monies worth

Last edited:
I believe this is what i said. I agree it's his concept, which he pitched to the commissioning broadcaster, as he has successfully done before.... i.e.

When I say it isn't "his" I mean the production costs on this could be easily over 6 figures, paid for by Channel 5. They own the rights to broadcast it.

I don't think this is a case where MWT self financed the content, and could subsequently decide to pull it. All of which is a roundabout way of saying, I doubt Sat1 has anything to do with this. Nor doubts about the content.

Ch5 will want to get their monies worth

Yes, that makes sense. I failed to take Ch.5's ownership into account in my earlier musings.

The only reason I mentioned the Sat1 doc was that it potentially might have rendered MWT's a bit redundant? but, as @C.greek and @Lilly b said above, there's always an audience for 'new' perspectives, even if those perspectives might, held up to the light, lack credibility.

So I guess the delay, what with MWT having some downtime over the last month or so, is just a scheduling issue for Ch.5.

Yes, that makes sense. I failed to take Ch.5's ownership into account in my earlier musings.

The only reason I mentioned the Sat1 doc was that it potentially might have rendered MWT's a bit redundant? but, as @C.greek and @Lilly b said above, there's always an audience for 'new' perspectives, even if those perspectives might, held up to the light, lack credibility.

So I guess the delay, what with MWT having some downtime over the last month or so, is just a scheduling issue for Ch.5.

Another possibility is legal issues.

Der Fall Maddie - Auf der Suche nach der Wahrheit

Hey I found it!! Screening in Germany 9th of March!!

Ep 2 on the 16th of March!

No date for Ep3

Summary of Ep1

Der ehemalige Ermittler Mark Williams-Thomas sucht noch einmal den Tatort auf und geht den Hinweisen nach, die laut deutschen Staatsanwälten auf Christian B. als Täter hindeuten. Ein Zeuge gibt an, zu befürchten, in Christian B.s Wohnmobil gewesen zu sein, während Madeleine sich darin aufhielt. Williams-Thomas geht außerdem auf die Suche nach Videos, die angeblich Christian B. zeigen, wie er sexuellen Missbrauch begeht.

Transl of the text in bold: A male witness says he fears he was in CB's van when/while MM was in there.

This is a bit scary... does this witness insinuate/fear that CB had MM dead in his van when he was also there? A similar text is in the English description: a witness reveals that he fears he was in CB's motorhome with MM inside.

Last edited:
Der Fall Maddie - Auf der Suche nach der Wahrheit

Hey I found it!! Screening in Germany 9th of March!!

Ep 2 on the 16th of March!

No date for Ep3

This is the first screening of MWT's documentary that we are aware of and it will air in Germany.

So, I found it also here:

Der Fall Maddie – Auf der Suche nach der Wahrheit Folge 1: Der Tatort

where it says the original screening will be Channel 5

Deutsche Erstausstrahlung Mi 09.03.2022 RTL Crime
Original-Erstausstrahlung Channel 5

Transl of the text in bold: A male witness says he fears he was in CB's van when/while MM was in there.

I hope that is actually a "new" account we've not heard about, and based on a credible version that this witness was in the vehicle a relatively short time after the event. I kind of worry that this might be a sensationalist spin on Dieter F's story.

I hope that is actually a "new" account we've not heard about, and based on a credible version that this witness was in the vehicle a relatively short time after the event. I kind of worry that this might be a sensationalist spin on Dieter F's story.
me too... this is what I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member