Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a little bit more details for anyone interested in MWT's documentary. It was commissioned by Ch5, and it was edited between September and November 2021 using Premiere Pro, by a freelance editor working for Screendog productions. That it will be screened in Germany on the 9th of March means that they have sent it to RTL a while now, since in Germany everything is dubbed and this takes time. I am wondering why Ep3 does not have a screening date in Germany yet.

MWT tweeting aboutMaddie 3parter. Airing in Germany 9th March, which is news to him. No date for UK yet.
Did he find it out from us?

Eta: the last to hear of when a docu/series airs is the person who created the content and before them the production company, in this case screendog. Not surprised at all that it was news to him that his docu will air in Germany on the 9th of March

Last edited:
Did he find it out from us?

Eta: the last to hear of when a docu/series airs is the person who created the content and before them the production company, in this case screendog. Not surprised at all that it was news to him that his docu will air in Germany on the 9th of March

No not from here. He was contacted and told it would broadcast on that date. I'm hoping when he hears about the UK date he will tweet about it. He's looking quite well considering.

From a summary of Fernsehserien about MWT documentary:
Former investigator Mark Williams-Thomas revisits the crime scene and follows up on clues that German prosecutors say point to Christian B. as the perpetrator. One witness claims fearing to have been in Christian B.'s mobile home while Madeleine was inside. Williams-Thomas also goes in search of videos that allegedly show Christian B. committing sexual abuse. (Text: RTL Crime)
Der Fall Maddie – Auf der Suche nach der Wahrheit: Wochen-Vorschau
a witness fearing he was inside the van? That’s interesting

Last edited:
No not from here. He was contacted and told it would broadcast on that date. I'm hoping when he hears about the UK date he will tweet about it. He's looking quite well considering.
I would think someone not connected with RTL told him. The screenshot on MWT's tweet appears as from Google translate.
In any case, once I was only informed of the broadcast date the same day it was to be screened... and i was a contributor to a docu. And the production company was also taken by surprise...

So it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone messaged him the screenshot - and that is why he says that it was news to him.

So a question is in order me thinks.

What is the importance of EP 3 please?

Last edited:
So a question is in order me thinks.

What is the importance of EP 3 please?
Ep 3 is the one where MWT presents the alibi that CB wrote to him about (the fling with the 18 yo German girl) and then MWT goes and talks to her husband.

What I am wondering about is whether these letters of CB can be used by the prosecutor later on if the case reaches trial as contradicting information to his whereabouts, if they indeed contradict his 2013 statement?

And the other thing I am thinking about with regards to EP3 is whether CB could have asked via his lawyer to hold that back? Could he do that? Could he ask for his letters not to be broadcasted after the event? Would he have signed anything with the production company enabling them to use them?

Ep 3 is the one where MWT presents the alibi that CB wrote to him about (the fling with the 18 yo German girl) and then MWT goes and talks to her husband.

What I am wondering about is whether these letters of CB can be used by the prosecutor later on if the case reaches trial as contradicting information to his whereabouts, if they indeed contradict his 2013 statement?

And the other thing I am thinking about with regards to EP3 is whether CB could have asked via his lawyer to hold that back? Could he do that? Could he ask for his letters not to be broadcasted after the event? Would he have signed anything with the production company enabling them to use them?

I think prosecutor could use the letters even if they've been broadcast.
If CB or his defence has requested the letters be removed from Ep 3, that would be alright and it wouldn't stop the broadcast.
Considering the docu was finished in 2021 that makes me wonder if they've just made a mistake and not mentioned Ep3.

I think prosecutor could use the letters even if they've been broadcast.
If CB or his defence has requested the letters be removed from Ep 3, that would be alright and it wouldn't stop the broadcast.
Considering the docu was finished in 2021 that makes me wonder if they've just made a mistake and not mentioned Ep3.
If CB or his defence asked the letter to be removed, it could potentially delay the broadcast as they would need to cut a chunk of the video out, which means editing again and perhaps finding previously cut parts to add. The editing finished in (end?) November 2021 and the flyer was out in January. So this means screendog (production company) had already sent the 3-part documentary to Channel 5 by January. Channel 5 then sold the rights to broadcast it to RTL Crime (or this could have happened before). The commissioning entity is only Channel 5 (as I found out through searching the different editors involved in it).

For the docu to be dubbed in German, this would also take some time. Perhaps the broadcast date delay for Ep3 in German TV is due to that? Or else I would expect a weekly broadcast of each of the three episodes (Ep1 is 9 March, Ep2 is 16 March, Ep3 should then be 23 March)? Of course, an error in not yet giving the date for Ep3 cannot be excluded.

In any case, MWT's tweet signals that the 3-part docu is only focused on the German suspect, so I don't expect much distance from the BKA's line of inquiry. And this alone has already amassed a few angry responses from anti McC's...
Jmo

In any case, MWT's tweet signals that the 3-part docu is only focused on the German suspect, so I don't expect much distance from the BKA's line of inquiry. And this alone has already amassed a few angry responses from anti McC's...
Jmo

I'm confused. Wasn't the entire gist of MWT's promo for his doc that he'd discovered shocking new evidence which could destroy the BKA's case against CB?

New Maddie McCann doc 'to reveal fresh info' about prime suspect | Her.ie

I'm confused. Wasn't the entire gist of MWT's promo for his doc that he'd discovered shocking new evidence which could destroy the BKA's case against CB?

New Maddie McCann doc 'to reveal fresh info' about prime suspect | Her.ie
Me too to be honest! But if one reads the ep summaries closely they will notice many maybes. Also his tweet says that the new docu is focused exclusively on the German suspect - if at the end of the docu MWT suggested CB to not be involved he would have to draw attention to other possible perpetrators, no?

Eta: i think MWT is presenting what CB told him - that he was 30 mins away, that he was with the fling, etc. It's the alibi that CB presented, and MWT is said to have tested it.

I believe this is what i said. I agree it's his concept, which he pitched to the commissioning broadcaster, as he has successfully done before.... i.e.

When I say it isn't "his" I mean the production costs on this could be easily over 6 figures, paid for by Channel 5. They own the rights to broadcast it.

I don't think this is a case where MWT self financed the content, and could subsequently decide to pull it.

All of which is a roundabout way of saying, I doubt Sat1 has anything to do with this. Nor doubts about the content.

Ch5 will want to get their monies worth

Since there are no news, I thought it might be interesting to note what MWT tweeted about another docu he is making- he has finished production on another one but he doesn't have a TV commission yet, so he has paid for the production costs on his own. In other words he is self-financing initially. I am not saying this is what happened with this docu, I am just putting this out to dispel myths about how it sometimes works with such real crime documentaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500