Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what link that are trying to make so it is all a bit theoretical

IMO they try to find the gravesite
Yes I think so. One can walk and chew gum, as the saying goes. I think they were throwing everything at the dam search, which may explain the large number of LE personnel. Different teams with different jobs to do - Soil forensics, dog handlers, etc.

Soil in the van is likely to have come from many sources over time and likely to get mixed .
Would forensic analysis be able to identify a single soil type from a mix of soils ?
That’s the question. The Australian study I linked yesterday was able to eliminate 60pc of a 260km2 site in a geochemical analysis. Based on soil sample cells of 1km2

Big caveat that this is all hypothetical because obviously we don’t know if such a soil database is being utilised in Portugal.

That’s the only important thing. If we want to know why they got the warrant and how they justified the cost, it’s because they had reason to believe MM’s body was buried there. If they wanted soul and junk, send one guy with a shovel and two bin bags. The only thing wrapping up this case is the body.

The body, MM's clothes, or a video/photo. The warrant is necessary for evidence validation.

The body, MM's clothes, or a video/photo. The warrant is necessary for evidence validation.
It’s hard to see how the BKA would get a tip off that MM’s pyjamas were at Arade and not her body.

I see more possibility that it’s a photo/video but it would be 16 years old now. I’m not even sure USBs had large enough memories in 2007 to store video.

It’s all puzzling.

I wonder if HB’s statement confirmed the CB had recorded the crime and that’s what they’re looking for.

That’s the only important thing. If we want to know why they got the warrant and how they justified the cost, it’s because they had reason to believe MM’s body was buried there. If they wanted soil and junk, send one guy with a shovel and two bin bags. The only thing wrapping up this case is the body.

Maybe they believe MM was abused/died here, but wasn’t necessarily buried here. They may be trying to establish/place the abuser at the scene of the abuse (photos) via a precise soil match, and also unearth fragments of clothing (MM or CB) in that context. To leverage the prosecution case and justify comprehensive searches for the body in other locations he frequented. Just my thoughts.

That’s the only important thing. If we want to know why they got the warrant and how they justified the cost, it’s because they had reason to believe MM’s body was buried there. If they wanted soil and junk, send one guy with a shovel and two bin bags. The only thing wrapping up this case is the body.
Or the crime scene

I still wonder why they only do this now.

Even with corona, this search was easily in summer '21 or in '22
Possibly because the PJ only made him an arguido last year, hopefully now all 3 forces are working well in unison. JMO

But this is only worthwhile if there is something in the sample that is connected to MM e.g. blood. If that’s the case and they can tie CB to the location of the soil through EXIF data then it’s strong.

Dirt from all over is meant to be on the van. It’s only useful if the dirt can tie CB to a time and location or directly to MM.
Im just thinking...if soil in his van showed soil from a metre below the surface at the dam..thek the question is..why were you digging a metre below the surface at the dam

Or the crime scene

One does get the feeling it could be the interim crime scene

Abduction cases often have 3 crime scenes

1. The place of abduction (i.e. 5a)

2. An interim 'safe place' the offender knows and feels safe at

3. Disposal ground - somewhere body is concealed or dumped.

Other times, 2 and 3 are the same place (e.g. Sarah Everard)

One does get the feeling it could be the interim crime scene

Abduction cases often have 3 crime scenes

1. The place of abduction (i.e. 5a)

2. An interim 'safe place' the offender knows and feels safe at

3. Disposal ground - somewhere body is concealed or dumped.

Other times, 2 and 3 are the same place (e.g. Sarah Everard)
I have the feeling based on what we have been reading that indeed they think it is the interim crime scene... what could make them so certain about that cannot just be a verbal tip off. It must be from those photos they say they have from the box factory. The fact that this comes in 2023 could be due to a combination of reasons:
1. They managed only now to geolocate the area shown in the photos
2. With specific tip offs about where he parked his van
3. They managed to go through all the evidence from the van now (analysis takes much time)

They want to establish CB and his van was there. But there must be a link to MM, which based on all the minimal info we get from HCW, it must be of photo of MM without CB in it. Jmo

what else could make them 100% certain CB killed MM and saying things like if the public knew what we know they would reach the same conclusion?! Imo it's the only logical explanation Based on the snippets of info we have and the certainty of the prosecutors and the efforts now to link CB to this place. Jmo

What I don't get is why dig 3 holes so close to each other and not take soil samples from other areas nearby as well. They seem to be very specific about the spot.
The ground radar would detect any disturbance in the ground so they would be interested in any such space.

They would obviously be interested in the fire pit. Possibly also in the area most secluded/hidden from view by the vehicle.

Soil microbes could perhaps tell them if a body had partially decomposed on the soil.

They are looking for the body but will take SIMs, USBs, camcorders, phones, gags, chains, whips, knives, microbes, keys to Block 5…

I have the feeling based on what we have been reading that indeed they think it is the interim crime scene... what could make them so certain about that cannot just be a verbal tip off. It must be from those photos they say they have from the box factory. The fact that this comes in 2023 could be due to a combination of reasons:
3. They managed to go through all the evidence from the van now (analysis takes much time)

They want to establish CB and his van was there. But there must be a link to MM, which based on all the minimal info we get from HCW, it must be of photo of MM without CB in it. Jmo

what else could make them 100% certain CB killed MM and saying things like if the public knew what we know they would reach the same conclusion?! Imo it's the only logical explanation Based on the snippets of info we have and the certainty of the prosecutors and the efforts now to link CB to this place. Jmo
What else could make them 100% certain CB killed MM? Groupthink. We'll see (eventually!)

Im just thinking...if soil in his van showed soil from a metre below the surface at the dam..thek the question is..why were you digging a metre below the surface at the dam

Just to note that the holes are said to be 2ft deep, therefore about 60cm not 1m
Actually it's an interesting point, why 60 cm, why not a metre, why not 50 cm, why not just scrape the surface.Surely a core sampler would have sufficed.
I think it's just as likely they have have found nothing, and are prepared for it.

• Sources say it would be a 'slight setback' if the lab does not find a sample match

what else could make them 100% certain CB killed MM and saying things like if the public knew what we know they would reach the same conclusion?! Imo it's the only logical explanation Based on the snippets of info we have and the certainty of the prosecutors and the efforts now to link CB to this place.
The efforts to link CB to the reservoir only comes into play if he's denied being there,without being asked how can he, it's pre-emptive linking to that area so he can't deny being there.imo.
Did it look as if the searchers were trying to locate a specific area to match if there is was a photo of Madeleine, not forgetting 16 yrs of growth of shrubs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125