Madeleine McCann - Netflix documentary on this case

I know you wrote this a while ago, but I wondered, after watching the documentary, if the tanner sighting was/is credible.

Tanner's sighting has been 100% ruled out by the Met.

I think it was clear that it never was very credible in any event, due to her evolving versions and ID of Murat.

Mrjitty, I'm glad you are on the case! I've only just started following this thread, but have followed the case outside WS for some time. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts here.

Meh. I have made a few comments on the doco, but this case is so controversial, I am not that keen on delving in to it too much.

Sadly the Netflix "documentary" has not added anything new.

I have been a member of webslueths for a long time. Seems like I am here a lot and then life gets in the way. So.... I don't post often. All that to say, as a family we have always traveled often to similar places as Praia da Luz. I have followed this case from the beginning. The mother in me wants to believe that the parents were not involved. I asked my husband the other night "do you recall, in all our travels when the kids were young did we ever go out and leave them alone sleeping in the apartment." His response was "We would have never done that, you would be a nervous wreck". This is a practice of some parents that I just don't get. Is this common in some cultures?

In response to your first point- I am in the medical profession. Because of the things I have seen I am very easily able to maintain control of myself in the most dire circumstances. Now, I say that also adding that I am an extremely emotional person. When there is a crisis though, I am a rock. Behind closed doors I can fall apart. Because of the McCanns background this may be what you are witnessing. I know you could argue "but the is their child", and I get that. I just feel like I could possibly behave in the same way.

As far as Kate not crying in public, I don't know. I again could see myself losing control in private, while being able to maintain composure in public.

I do agree that in public their behavior as a couple seems a bit off. Definitely G is In Charge!

I do feel that the McCanns believe that the police in Praia da Luz were incompetent, and that they themselves were superior human beings. Ummm you are in a forge in country and need all the help you can get! I wonder if that is typical of them in everyday life?

Just a few thoughts. Enjoy reading your posts.

The bits you mention above about Kate not crying. Could it be she was on anti depressants either pre Madeleine going missing or post? They can often block the ability to cry.[/QUOTE]

The original quote I was trying to quote didn't work so it looked like I wrote all of this, when I didn't

So I'm watching the Netflix documentary and have a question that I can't find the answer to. Has there ever been a time given for the duration of the call by Robert Murat to Sergey Malinka around the time of Madeleine's disappearance? I assume it was clearly an unanswered call or was very brief (a couple of seconds), otherwise the idea that it could have been a pocket dial would have been dismissed, but I can't find the answer anywhere. TIA

So I'm watching the Netflix documentary and have a question that I can't find the answer to. Has there ever been a time given for the duration of the call by Robert Murat to Sergey Malinka around the time of Madeleine's disappearance? I assume it was clearly an unanswered call or was very brief (a couple of seconds), otherwise the idea that it could have been a pocket dial would have been dismissed, but I can't find the answer anywhere. TIA

Yes it was a missed call - time was 11:40pm according to this article:

'He was questioned as a witness after phone records showed that Murat phoned him at 11.40pm on the night she disappeared.'

Murat friend quizzed over Madeleine finds car torched - and the word

Hi so I'm new to the Madeline mcann forum but not the case. I've watched several documentaries from different sources. RDH, GA to name but a few.

The documentary itself was interesting. I've seen several photos of that holiday but not the one of Madeline with the parachute. Thats new and could quite possibly be someone else's child. Could also be Madeleine of course.

I think I should probably stop there. To avoid heated discussions. But I find it incredible that people accuse the PJ and GA of not doing a proper job. Operation Grange has eaten into the public's money for years. And what do we have to show for it? They bring out a statement occasionally round about funding time. Operation Grange is already flawed they refuse to consider that the parents are involved.

It's interesting that this photo has surfaced now all these years later and I have never heard of this man before. I suspect that its meant to bolster the credibility of the tennis balls photo. Which to be honest it really doesnt. It shows the back of a child who looks like madeliene. But in reality could be anyone. I believe that the paynes daughter could have been mistaken for madeliene as they looked similar. Also in the documentary I believe they mentioned that David Payne did a check on madeliene. That isnt true. He is said to have been sent to the apartment by gerry mcann but then david Payne and gerry mcann couldn't agree on that when interviewed by the PJ but this is related to being the last person to see madeliene that day which was in the evening.

I mean to go back through Richard D halls documentaries (14 hours of it) and take some notes so that I can discuss this with confidence. I follow the theory that there are no credible sightings of madeliene after the sunday. There are no credible photos of her after the Sunday.

I don't really understand how some people are so sure that the parents killed Madeleine. I think they were absolutely stupid to leave the kids alone while they went to drinks & dinner, but that doesn't make them guilty of murder. It seems some people think she was already dead at the point of the dinner & the dinner itself was staged. Do the other instances of attempted child abduction around the same time and area not mean anything? How do parents on vacation in a foreign country make a body disappear? I don't particularly like the parents, but until I see REAL evidence that they were involved in Madeleine's murder (which is what people pointing the finger are saying happened--I see no evidence she was killed at that time), I would not be comfortable accusing the parents.

I don't really understand how some people are so sure that the parents killed Madeleine. I think they were absolutely stupid to leave the kids alone while they went to drinks & dinner, but that doesn't make them guilty of murder. It seems some people think she was already dead at the point of the dinner & the dinner itself was staged. Do the other instances of attempted child abduction around the same time and area not mean anything? How do parents on vacation in a foreign country make a body disappear? I don't particularly like the parents, but until I see REAL evidence that they were involved in Madeleine's murder (which is what people pointing the finger are saying happened--I see no evidence she was killed at that time), I would not be comfortable accusing the parents.
I for one am not so sure they did something to Madeline but I am also just as much not so sure they didn’t. Their statements and actions immediately following Madeline’s disappearance are suspicious to me. Barring the fact I would never leave my small children alone to go out to eat and drink, but let’s just say I did, and I come back to check on them and one is missing. My first thought wouldn’t be to come out running screaming someone took her. My first thought would be she left to go looking for me. That’s a huge red flag to me. Then there is the statement about the door being left open. Well if parents were taking turns checking on the kids as they claim, then if I came and found the door opened it wouldn’t alarm me as I would first think one of the prior parents left it open. That is unless they really weren’t checking on the kids. Then u have changes in statements and inconsistencies in statements within the group and ya it all raises red flags.
All that said, it is still very much possible someone was watching them, knew the kids were their alone, knew the door was left unlocked and took the window of opportunity to go in grab Madeline. Idk and i’m Not sure that we’ll ever know. What I do know and what bothers me most about this case is the McCann’s were negligent as parents and were never held responsible for that. Either way they were responsible for her disappearance because they left her alone. No different than all those parents we hear about who Leave their children in a hot car and they die. MOO

I for one am not so sure they did something to Madeline but I am also just as much not so sure they didn’t. Their statements and actions immediately following Madeline’s disappearance are suspicious to me. Barring the fact I would never leave my small children alone to go out to eat and drink, but let’s just say I did, and I come back to check on them and one is missing. My first thought wouldn’t be to come out running screaming someone took her. My first thought would be she left to go looking for me. That’s a huge red flag to me. Then there is the statement about the door being left open. Well if parents were taking turns checking on the kids as they claim, then if I came and found the door opened it wouldn’t alarm me as I would first think one of the prior parents left it open. That is unless they really weren’t checking on the kids. Then u have changes in statements and inconsistencies in statements within the group and ya it all raises red flags.
All that said, it is still very much possible someone was watching them, knew the kids were their alone, knew the door was left unlocked and took the window of opportunity to go in grab Madeline. Idk and i’m Not sure that we’ll ever know. What I do know and what bothers me most about this case is the McCann’s were negligent as parents and were never held responsible for that. Either way they were responsible for her disappearance because they left her alone. No different than all those parents we hear about who Leave their children in a hot car and they die. MOO

Yes, I understand that they were negligent as parents, but it's a long jump from that to actually killing her and then hiding the body. I listened to the "Maddie" podcast. Some people are suggesting that her body was moved THREE times? Just to make the rental car fit their theories. And if these dog hits are so reliable, why didn't they hit on the beach where the body was supposedly first hidden? If you do believe this theory, then the dogs were incorrect either way. I am interested in finding what happened, not in just bashing the parents. That said, I wish somebody would take up the DNA offer from Dr. Mark Perlin. It might help and push the case forward.

Yes, I understand that they were negligent as parents, but it's a long jump from that to actually killing her and then hiding the body. I listened to the "Maddie" podcast. Some people are suggesting that her body was moved THREE times? Just to make the rental car fit their theories. And if these dog hits are so reliable, why didn't they hit on the beach where the body was supposedly first hidden? If you do believe this theory, then the dogs were incorrect either way. I am interested in finding what happened, not in just bashing the parents. That said, I wish somebody would take up the DNA offer from Dr. Mark Perlin. It might help and push the case forward.
It would be interesting to know what he can conclude, if anything, but I’m going to predict that anything he does discover would be discredited in some way just as the dogs were. MOO

File:Efit_images_of_Madeleine_McCann_suspect.jpg

Look up the original police sketch. And before people apply the term conspiracy theorist to this post. Perhaps you are a coincidence theorist. At the time Madeleine went missing the Podesta Brothers were staying at Clement Freud's home while he was out of town. Clement is also a pedophile. Seriously, the first sketch that comes out looks picture perfect compared to the Podesta brothers. People in powerful positions who have wealth can do whatever they want whenever. Look how long Jeffrey Epstein got away.

File:Efit_images_of_Madeleine_McCann_suspect.jpg

Look up the original police sketch. And before people apply the term conspiracy theorist to this post. Perhaps you are a coincidence theorist. At the time Madeleine went missing the Podesta Brothers were staying at Clement Freud's home while he was out of town. Clement is also a pedophile. Seriously, the first sketch that comes out looks picture perfect compared to the Podesta brothers. People in powerful positions who have wealth can do whatever they want whenever. Look how long Jeffrey Epstein got away.
Your image isn't showing?
If it's this e-fit of THE MAN the MET are wanting to 'speak to' then I think you can forget the whole 'Podesta Bros' conspiracy theory :)
McCann-PA.jpg

It's 1 Man
2 witness sketches
What's False
The "efits" circulated by police depicted one man, not two,
and the images were of a person of interest or witness, not a kidnapping suspect.

Snopes

Two e-fit images of a man of “vital importance” in the Madeleine McCann investigation have been issued by British police ahead of a renewed appeal on BBC1’s Crimewatch tonight.

The Independent

Just seems awfully odd that the Podesta's are buddies with Clement Freud a known pedophile In addition, Clement Freud, a man known for being a private person hosted the McCanns days after Madeleine vanished. I should mention this had absolutely zero to do with my political views. I am not picking on Democrats. I am not interested in Pizza Gate nonsense. I don't support the two party system which is really one party. The Corporate party.

Your image isn't showing?
If it's this e-fit of THE MAN the MET are wanting to 'speak to' then I think you can forget the whole 'Podesta Bros' conspiracy theory :)
McCann-PA.jpg

It's 1 Man
2 witness sketches
What's False
The "efits" circulated by police depicted one man, not two,
and the images were of a person of interest or witness, not a kidnapping suspect.

Snopes

Two e-fit images of a man of “vital importance” in the Madeleine McCann investigation have been issued by British police ahead of a renewed appeal on BBC1’s Crimewatch tonight.

The Independent

If Jeffrey Epstein can get away with decades of abuse, then the Podesta's can also. They are powerful people with interesting ties. Also remember who coined the term "Conspiracy Theory" Our oh sooo trusted C.I.A. in April of 1967 I believe (date may be slightly off)

In 1976 the New York Times obtained a document they requested via the Freedom of Information Act.

This document was a C.I.A. Dispatch labeled “psych” for “psychological operations” that was distributed in 1967, indicating they coined the phrase “conspiracy theory” and “conspiracy theorists” to attack anyone who challenged the official narrative from the Warren Commission (JFK Assassination) It also has a CS indicated on it, which stands for “clandestine services” unit.

These labels have continued ever since they coined the phrase in the 1960’s, with the intention of stifling any truths from getting out. Pay close attention to those using the labels and the information they are referring to. This will be your first clue that truth lies within and they are trying to deflect it. The bottom line is there are hundreds if not thousands of conspiracies taking place all around us – legitimate ones. While they are busy misdirecting with their “conspiracy theorist” labels, evidence is being dug up, they are being exposed, and what they claim to be theory is TRUTH.

The inception of the C.I.A. was in 1947 and this “psych” dispatch went out in 1967. It is from that point on that the term “conspiracy theory” and “conspiracy theorist” have been shoved down our throats. It was weaponized, just as so many other labels have been used to distract, manipulate and change the narrative to suit their agenda.

Maybe they weren´t really checking on their kids. Maybe. going to check the room every 20 minutes (if we do believe the parents and the other members of the group despite their inconsistencies) was a clever way to justify their absences at the bar/restaurant. Maybe they were cleaning the room and disposing of the body (a body that could perfectly fit in a suitcase). They could have paid someone to get rid of a bag/suitcase.
I would be really grateful if someone could tell me (or provide a link to official statements) if the parents confirmed they had sedated the children? Do you know if maddie had a chronic condition that had to be treated with medication?

I apologize for my English! It´s not my mother tongue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back