Madeleine's Favorite ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. I found the following descriptions of Maddie from interviews:

[FONT=&quot]http://www.functionpix.com/index.php/article/Madeleine_McCann__Parents_first_interview/1392/
[/FONT] “Maddie is a complete McCann – very extrovert – “She’s very sociable” Kate was smiling as she recounted her memories “in the evenings by the pool, we would spend an hour or two with Maddie and the other children running around shouting ‘Be a monster, Be a monster’ tiring everybody out”

[FONT=&quot]http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/08/13/kate-mccann-s-agony-89520-19617435/[/FONT]

Kate even joked that Madeleine is probably giving her kidnapper a taste of her forceful character.She said: "Madeleine is such a sociable child, so funny and engaging."She has a lot of personality. Her name actually means 'tower of strength'."She hated it when we called her Maddie. She'd say 'My name is Madeleine' with an indignant look."I bet she's giving whoever she's with her tuppence worth."

[FONT=&quot]http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=818892007[/FONT]

Little ringleader'
Before her disappearance, Mr McCann said the holiday had been "idyllic" and Madeleine was having fun with her brother and sister, Sean and Amelie, who are twins."She might look like Kate, but in terms of personality she is more of a McCann. She is very funny and often a little ringleader in nursery and with her friends," he said.

The most descriptive: [FONT=&quot]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2005320001-2007240200,00.html[/FONT]

Mrs McCann said, smiling: “She likes talking, she really likes role play.” Mr McCann joined in saying: “She’s very good at that actually for someone so young, she really can talk...considering that she was not even four.“She likes activity and sport, she’s very active, even at home when we are going for a jog she says ’Can I come jogging with you mummy’?”The couple looked relaxed as they spoke about Madeleine’s love of swimming, going swimming on Saturdays and of her favourite television programme - Dr Who as well as films such as Shrek and Finding Nemo. But the couple said the three children were very different, describing Sean as “a thinker”, very methodical, fond of arranging things in order, while his twin sister Amelie is an extrovert.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=832952007
http://www.4ni.co.uk/news.asp?id=62142

Oh yes, we have the wonderful McCanns (on an early video) who watched their 3 year old daughter try to board an airplane and slip on the steps and not even run to assist her as she struggled. The father who used the f-word in front of his children and those of his friends on a bus when questioned why he didn't look happier because they were on holiday. And according to people in Portugal, Madeleine was anything but an extrovert.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1670175&postcount=45

In the creche, the girl’s picture is taken: “She was shy and had some difficulty in adapting to the group. She always stayed close to the english children she already knew”.

Good question. I found the following descriptions of Maddie from interviews:

[FONT=&quot]http://www.functionpix.com/index.php/article/Madeleine_McCann__Parents_first_interview/1392/
[/FONT] “Maddie is a complete McCann – very extrovert – “She’s very sociable” Kate was smiling as she recounted her memories “in the evenings by the pool, we would spend an hour or two with Maddie and the other children running around shouting ‘Be a monster, Be a monster’ tiring everybody out”

[FONT=&quot]http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/08/13/kate-mccann-s-agony-89520-19617435/[/FONT]

Kate even joked that Madeleine is probably giving her kidnapper a taste of her forceful character.She said: "Madeleine is such a sociable child, so funny and engaging."She has a lot of personality. Her name actually means 'tower of strength'."She hated it when we called her Maddie. She'd say 'My name is Madeleine' with an indignant look."I bet she's giving whoever she's with her tuppence worth."

[FONT=&quot]http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=818892007[/FONT]

Little ringleader'
Before her disappearance, Mr McCann said the holiday had been "idyllic" and Madeleine was having fun with her brother and sister, Sean and Amelie, who are twins."She might look like Kate, but in terms of personality she is more of a McCann. She is very funny and often a little ringleader in nursery and with her friends," he said.

The most descriptive: [FONT=&quot]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2005320001-2007240200,00.html[/FONT]

Mrs McCann said, smiling: “She likes talking, she really likes role play.” Mr McCann joined in saying: “She’s very good at that actually for someone so young, she really can talk...considering that she was not even four.“She likes activity and sport, she’s very active, even at home when we are going for a jog she says ’Can I come jogging with you mummy’?”The couple looked relaxed as they spoke about Madeleine’s love of swimming, going swimming on Saturdays and of her favourite television programme - Dr Who as well as films such as Shrek and Finding Nemo. But the couple said the three children were very different, describing Sean as “a thinker”, very methodical, fond of arranging things in order, while his twin sister Amelie is an extrovert.

Wait, Madeleine's favorite TV show is "Dr. Who" ?

Read here about the latest episode of Dr. Who -- why, just the THING for a 4-year-old to be watching while her parents are out boozing it up ...

http://www.tv.com/doctor-who/show/355/summary.html

I'm not sure if this is the case or not but my four year old snuggles up to her dad when he is watching Formula One racing and claims that is her favourite show - because she is spending time with her daddy. I really doubt that is her favourite show but I think it is the time she snuggles with her dad she it becomes her favourite show - most of the time she falls asleep watching. And that maybe the case of Madeleine.

DR Who LOL

Is shown before the watershed and is hardly being described as horror - it is a family based show - science fiction - no swearing , no sex - a few aliens . Most 4 year olds would probabkly find it boring

What it has to do with finding A) the killer or B) abductor I hardly know

DR Who LOL

Is shown before the watershed and is hardly being described as horror - it is a family based show - science fiction - no swearing , no sex - a few aliens . Most 4 year olds would probabkly find it boring

Regardless of whether or not this has to do with finding the killer, the posters of this forum have the right to discuss it. If you don't like where the conversation is headed, please feel free to skip over it. I will not tell ya'll again to stop posting about other posters and stick to the TOPIC.

Dr. Who is really popular in the UK right now (a mystery to me, but ok).

At least we do have some of her favorites listed somewhere. :)

My 7 year old daughter loves Dr Who. I watched it as a child too. It has a cult following of adults and children alike. A mad professor friend of ours has a life sized dalek which mingles with guests at his house parties.

My 7 year old daughter loves Dr Who. I watched it as a child too. It has a cult following of adults and children alike. A mad professor friend of ours has a life sized dalek which mingles with guests at his house parties.

JAYELLES: Ok you got me on that one. I give. :) I guess I don't know Dr. Who very well. I thought of the old one as somewhat disturbing, adult-sophisticated, and tongue-in-cheek. But then I might have it confused with 'The Prisoner' or something. :)

quote: Kate said, "I bet she's giving whoever she's with her tuppence worth."

YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS! She really said that? I've heard it all now!

As for Dr. Who, it scared me to death as a kid, (oops) I hid behind the sofa as soon as the theme tune started!

Dr. Creepin,
That is the statement that caused my jaw to drop (and why I added it to the rest of the descriptions). Her child has been kidnapped by a pedophile ring (according to Gerry and her) and this is what she says :crazy:

quote: Kate said, "I bet she's giving whoever she's with her tuppence worth."

YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS! She really said that? I've heard it all now!

As for Dr. Who, it scared me to death as a kid, (oops) I hid behind the sofa as soon as the theme tune started!

As I've stated before, Kate McCann is one of the coldest women I've ever come across.

As I've stated before, Kate McCann is one of the coldest women I've ever come across.
Agreed Calikid! Whatever chat there is about Madeleines body being in a freezer, her mothers heart must certainly have been in one! One extremely cold fish!

Sometimes I wonder just when Kate stopped loving Madeleine. Was it when she turned out to be not a pliable and docile child, but rather more like the McCanns than like Kate herself? A difficult and hysterical child?

Was it when the perfect twins came along, Amelie so mild and Sean so "analytical'?

Or was it after the horrible accident when the child-victim became the crux and the cause of all of Kate's woes?

Blame the poor little victim.

Ok, folks, here's a new question to ponder.

What is one of the main things we ALL know about our young babies/children? And what is the thing we think about when they're not around ... or if, god forbid, we should lose one of them?

Her favorite song, her favorite color, her favorite dessert, her favorite toy.
His favorite dance, his favorite book, his favorite animal, his favorite hug.

Could any parent ever talk about a missing child without mentioning the child's favorite things? Could anyone asking the public to help find a missing child NOT mention the child's favorite things?
^Above snipped for clarity^

I Might get reprimanded but a certain "Elizabeth Ann Reynolds Holloway Twitty" comes to mind. I would welcome any corrections if I missed any quotes or interviews that she, as a parent, elaborates on Nat's favorite things.
Aloha kakou.

Sometimes I wonder just when Kate stopped loving Madeleine. Was it when she turned out to be not a pliable and docile child, but rather more like the McCanns than like Kate herself? A difficult and hysterical child?

Was it when the perfect twins came along, Amelie so mild and Sean so "analytical'?

Or was it after the horrible accident when the child-victim became the crux and the cause of all of Kate's woes?

Blame the poor little victim.

Where did you get the idea that Kate stopped loving Madeleine? People show love in many different ways. My family of origin wasn't all that sweet and loving on the outside but they gave me qualities and values I wouldn't trade for the world. I shudder to think what might have been written about them should something like this have happened and it would have been so wrong.

Bolding is mine.

^Above snipped for clarity^

I Might get reprimanded but a certain "Elizabeth Ann Reynolds Holloway Twitty" comes to mind. I would welcome any corrections if I missed any quotes or interviews that she, as a parent, elaborates on Nat's favorite things.
Aloha kakou.

I have often compared Kate McCann to Beth Twitty.

You look at pictures of Beth, two years after Natalee's disappearance, and she has aged 10 years at least.

You look at Kate, and she doesn't appear to have a care in the world except for the possible charges over her head.

DR Who LOL

Gord, the title of this thread is "Madeleine's Favorites" and so that's what we are discussing here. If you'd like to discuss how to find Madeleine or her abductor(s), you might try visiting other threads. I started one very much on the topic of finding Madeleine. It's called "Could this be used to find Madeleine?" Have you visited that one and contributed any thoughts?

I grew up with Dr Who also Jayelles..I wouldnt like to be at your professor friends party as the Daleks scare me to death til this day..exterminate...exterminate...I used to have nightmares over those things and they still freak me out:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther