Malaysia airlines MH370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #26

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Breaking news

Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a plane travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, with 239 people on board.

The airline said in a statement that flight MH370 disappeared at 02:40 local time on Saturday (18:40 GMT on Friday).

Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes

I'm praying the plane is found and people on the plane survive.

Frequently Asked Questions

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25

Last edited by a moderator:
guidelines for posting:
*post in a civil manner
*stay on topic
*be respectful of the passengers' families- no sleuthing of crew or passengers is allowed
*post only msm tweets and articles with links
*other forum links are not allowed
* for copyright compliance only 10% of an article is allowed to be posted

Members can create topic specific threads for in depth discussion, new developments in the case or as the need arises. New threads will go under mod review and a decision will be made whether to approve and open the thread for posting. Most threads are approved immediately.

Officially, the search for missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 ended this week.

Key points:
  • In 2014, Chinese ship Haixun 01 picked up two signals similar to those sent by black box
  • Seabed Constructor is searching a patch of ocean where signal was detected
  • Ocean Infinity is trying to close off as much of the northern search area as possible

But unofficially, the company leading the search continues to scan the ocean floor, and before leaving the Indian Ocean is searching a whole new area, if only for a few days.

Unofficial search for MH370 continues as vessel scans a whole new area

Dr Chon said the team had concluded that MH370 deviated from its path and that the plane’s change in direction over the Indian Ocean was made under manual control.

“We can confirm the turn-back,” Dr Chon said.

“We have carried out simulator sessions to determine how the aircraft turned back and we can confirm that the turn-back was made, not under autopilot, but was made under manual control.

“(It) was not because of anomalies in the mechanical system.”

Investigators have not been able to establish if the aircraft was flown by anyone other than the pilot.

“We can also not exclude the possibility that there’s unlawful interference by a third party,” Dr Chon said.

MH370 mystery ends with new report

Thanks for the new thread and thank you to everyone who keeps us up to date.

I'm still hopeful (but doubtful) they'll find MH370 one day, but I can't imagine we'll ever find out "the truth" of what happened, too much evidence will have been destroyed over time. I suppose if they found a third body and a weapon in the cockpit they could deduce there was a hijacking, but beyond that sort of scenario I don't think we'll ever know what went on that day.

I will never understand why a more proactive approach was never taken to track the plane when contact was lost.

Today I watched a doco on the death of golfer Payne Stewart and others due to incapacitation when their Lear Jet lost cabin pressurization in 1999.
Within 15 minutes of no response from the plane a US Air Force F16 was in the air tracking the plane with 4 others following until it crashed after running out of fuel.
Payne Stewart Plane plane crash

Brought over from end of last thread.
I feel like I'm in a time warp...this article from 2 days ago.

A groundbreaking expedition to the deepest parts of the world’s five oceans will dock in Perth in March and explore what was a key search area for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
The Five Deeps project, launched in New York last week, is set to provide scientific findings from the floors of the Indian, Arctic, Atlantic, Southern and Pacific oceans and explore the little-known Diamantina Trench, about 1125km south-west of Perth.

At more than 7000m, the Diamantina Trench is one of the deepest points in the Indian Ocean and is still considered one of the most likely resting places for the wreckage of MH370

Voyage to bottom of oceans will explore MH370 search area | The West Australian

From your link =
'Dr Jamieson said the potential discoveries of five deeps and the expedition’s ocean floor mapping would provide scientific innovation in almost every area of biological, geological and oceanographic study. The expedition will cover 74,000km in 11 months, starting this month in the Atlantic Ocean.'

This sounds exciting, but I wish they would have started in the Indian Ocean.

Last edited by a moderator:
A US judge has dismissed nationwide litigation over the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 in which victims' families sought to hold the carrier, its insurer Allianz and Boeing liable for the still-unexplained disaster.

US District Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson in Washington ruled on Wednesday night that the wrongful death and product liability litigation, encompassing 40 lawsuits, did not belong in the United States. She said the case belonged in Malaysia.

US judge dismisses flight MH370 lawsuit

A US judge has dismissed nationwide litigation over the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 in which victims' families sought to hold the carrier, its insurer Allianz and Boeing liable for the still-unexplained disaster.

US District Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson in Washington ruled on Wednesday night that the wrongful death and product liability litigation, encompassing 40 lawsuits, did not belong in the United States. She said the case belonged in Malaysia.

US judge dismisses flight MH370 lawsuit

No surprise there. I don't know why they would even think the US legal system would have jurisdiction over a case halfway around the world. Let the Malaysian courts take care of it.

MH370 investigation: Malaysia could launch NEW SEARCH for missing Malaysia Airlines plane

MALAYSIA could launch a new search for MH370 after families of the victims announced they have new evidence to present to the government.

However, the country’s prime minister said they would consider resuming the search if new clues come to light.

Six months later, the relatives are saying they will “hand over newly recovered debris” to the government.

If the new evidence is consider sufficient, it could result in a third major search for MH370.

Five new pieces of potential MH370 debris had been recovered since the publication of the report, including one which has part of a label still readable on it and another found in August.

MH370 news: Will items found in Madagascar finally SOLVE Malaysia Airlines mystery?

Thanks for posting the articles. I had seen 2 about the families finding 5 or 6 pieces but they didn't say what. I got a new phone and tablet, had the articles on my old tablet which I ended up wiping without getting my stuff off of it. Chrome didn't back up my open tabs so I lost them.

Praying they get another search expedition in the near future. I think the searchers were probably close to where the plane is.

Malaysia’s new government, which took power in May, has said the search could be resumed but only if new and compelling evidencecomes to light.
Mr Loke said the government will “immediately verify the items” ranging from almost 60 centimetres (two feet) in length to palm-sized.
“We will need some credible leads before we reopen the search,” he told reporters.
T. Mohan, one of the experts who took part in the investigation, told AFP that one of the items “is a floor panel of a Boeing aircraft.” The disappearance of MH370 triggered the largest hunt in aviation history. However searchers scouring a 120,000-square kilometre area of Indian Ocean have failed to locate the missing plane.

Search for MH370: ‘Massive breakthrough’

New debris from MH370 found on Madagascar proves conclusively that the Boeing 777 broke apart on impact.
Wreck hunter Blaine Gibson and some relatives of those lost in the MH370 disappearance handed over five pieces of debris yesterday to Malaysian Transport Minister Anthony Loke.
The pieces had been collected over the past year.
“The debris proves two things. MH370 crashed violently and it almost certainly is in the Southern Indian Ocean,” Mr Gibson said.

https://thewest.com.au/news/aviatio...et-violent-end-in-indian-ocean-ng-b881037371z

Malaysia’s new government, which took power in May, has said the search could be resumed but only if new and compelling evidencecomes to light.
Mr Loke said the government will “immediately verify the items” ranging from almost 60 centimetres (two feet) in length to palm-sized.
“We will need some credible leads before we reopen the search,” he told reporters.
T. Mohan, one of the experts who took part in the investigation, told AFP that one of the items “is a floor panel of a Boeing aircraft.” The disappearance of MH370 triggered the largest hunt in aviation history. However searchers scouring a 120,000-square kilometre area of Indian Ocean have failed to locate the missing plane.

Search for MH370: ‘Massive breakthrough’

These new items were found between December 2016 and August 2018 according to your link.

On the roundabout again???

MH370 debris PLANTED? Shock claims new ‘wreckage’ LOOTED from MH17 crash site
And one amateur sleuth has claimed the new objects were sensationally “stolen” from MH17.
"But I have found a lot of problems in matching the pieces to MH370.
“Several pieces including the flaperon don’t match MH370’s maintenance records and several items screwed into the piece did not match the missing B777s.
“A tail piece found off Africa actually was a missing tail logo piece of Mh17, that crashed over Ukraine.
“Just to top it off MH17s right flaperon hasn’t been found and in my opinion I believe it’s highly likely that pieces looted at MH17's crash site were dumped off the coast of
Africa so that the government can come up with a falsified conclusion.”

Not thread "hogging" but we have yet another theory.:rolleyes:

Now, Professor Martin Kristensen, an engineer at Aarhaus University in Denmark, has published a new mathematical analysis of MH370’s radar and satellite data.
He has come up with a possible new flight plan that conforms with the data we have. And it looks nothing like those that guided search efforts before.
It puts MH370’s probable crash site off Christmas Island, south of Jakarta.
New MH370 crash site plotted

Thanks for the link!
This is a link to the full report (pdf format)

TL;DR:
flight route 2018.PNG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.