Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MummaP
The writing on this shirt is Persian, and was translated through a chum in Lebanon as saying

"The rumors that say there are terrorist Iranian passengers are denied"

Can someone who reads persion pls check this out ...........
.....thats messed up

never heard that one before

Ok, let's this is what has happened. The plane makes a left turn to make an emergency, then everyone is hypoxic onboard and the MH370 flies around for x amount of time until it crashes. However, these cannot be explained:
  • no mayday call
  • no black box
  • no radar detection

The link I posted on the previous page describes how a crack in the fuselage under the satellite receiver could cause decompression and loss of communication and civilian radar detection. I believe they can't find the black box because it's miles under water.

OMGosh. I love reading all of these well thought out possibilities and all of the arguments against them as well.
But I am having a very difficult time finding a favorite since the basic facts that all of these possibilities are based upon keep changing.
I keep feeling like the more I know ~ the dumber I am.
Every innocent thing can seem suspicious!

Ok, let's this is what has happened. The plane makes a left turn to make an emergency, then everyone is hypoxic onboard and the MH370 flies around for x amount of time until it crashes. However, these cannot be explained:
  • no mayday call
  • no black box
  • no radar detection

Reading about Payne Stewart's plane, those onboard were incapacitated very quickly - within minutes. They did not answer ATC only 6 minutes after the last convo. If the crew of MH370 were losing consciousness, it might account for the co-pilot repeating himself, and also for the "mumbling" heard by the Japanese pilot. It sounds like it could happen very quickly, so maybe no time for a mayday call.

Research has shown that a period of as little as 8 seconds without supplemental oxygen following rapid depressurization to about 30,000 feet (9,100 m) may cause a drop in oxygen saturation that can significantly impair cognitive functioning and increase the amount of time required to complete complex tasks.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Dakota_Learjet_crash"]1999 South Dakota Learjet crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I go back and forth between this and something more nefarious, though, and I can't address the other points.

shame on me!!!!!

the mystory phone lady

ok they say the call was made on a special untraceable phone but their busy tracking her down ????????????????? What the heck does that even mean?!?!?

call me stupid i think a tiny cell phone might be harder to find than a jumbo jet but what do i know!!

well, they have been trying to do the same thing with a 250 ton airplane and we all know how that is going!!!

She was using a pay as you go phone, right? That may be more common in Malaysia - I'm not sure. I have a close friend whose parents didn't believe in using cell phones and who didn't get one until age 26 when she got a job at a law firm - this year!

Until this year, she used a pay as you go phone, because it would have been so hard to pay for a full plan on her own. You don't have any plan with a company - you just get a simple phone and add minutes/text plans as needed. If you lose the phone (as she did frequently), you can buy another one very cheaply - unlike if you lose your iPhone.

Because these phones aren't attached to a Verizon or Sprint account, they aren't associated with any person - there's no one to bill. You buy the phone and minutes as a one-time transaction at Best Buy. So that makes them good for crime purposes, but they are NOT automatically suspicious. Plenty of people use them for financial reasons or because they aren't into phones, or because they are traveling overseas and don't want to buy a plan. I'd compare it somewhat to receiving TV over the air instead of signing up with a cable company - you are less identifiable, but it doesn't mean you're up to anything.

I do know that because people use them in crimes, my friend had to list her name when she bought one at Best Buy (although I wonder if that's really legal). I'm sure there are ways to get around that. But I'm just saying that these aren't special untraceable phones. It's just that you can't trace the number to any one person because they don't have an account with a company.

BBM.
The ELT will only send a signal if it is above 4 meters or on the surface of the water. If the plane did crash into the water, and the ELT was submerged deeper than 4 meters, it wouldn't have sent out a signal.

Can you link to the source of the 4 metre thing, please?

I take DM articles with a grain of salt.
They have a way of sensationalizing stories.
AFAIK, Shah and his wife weren't separated. Her and the kids just went to their second home, which I don't find suspicious.

Who is this female who made this alleged call to the pilot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The following is an opinion and observation in general. Not meant to be personal in any way.

Do you know the pilot and his family personally?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but aren't you imagining the best case scenario? I say imagining because even someone's brother doesn't always know the other's marital health sometimes.
The investigation digs for discrepancies or problems in the situation until the weaknesses/ideas can be discredited and shot down via the investigators.
Authorities announced they'd be investigating the psychological profile along with other criteria of the pilots and crew members.

Where is the proof the family has a second home? How do people know the family left for the second home the day prior to the missing flight? How do we know the facts surrounding their marital status? Kids? I thought I read the pilot's children are grownups now. I know I read he's a grandfather of a two year old.

Our opinions are our opinions but they don't count as evidence. I agree to keep an open mind and not to assume the info represents the truth until either confirmed or officially ruled out.

First I've heard about the alleged call from a woman to the pilot. That's a new one for me (last I heard the pilot made a call from the cockpit prior to taking off). My observation is that instead of everyone 100 percent wanting to find out the facts about this particular call (possibly completely innocent), people on TV and elsewhere right off the bat state stuff like 'oh it's normal to make phone calls' and 'pilots make calls all the time'. So what? We need to know about this specific call because of the specific circumstances of a missing airplane containing 239 people who are unaccounted for. No one gives a hoot what other pilots normally do.

Why do people keep talking as if we're describing normal circumstances here?
A case on WS or one that captures the airwaves for two weeks and counting, isn't a normal situation. Why begin any discussion based on that premise?
Makes no sense to me. Never does.

Pilot knew where the deepest waters were. Nobody has the ability to recover or find a ping from the blackbox IMO. Sticking to it.

Reading about Payne Stewart's plane, those onboard were incapacitated very quickly - within minutes. They did not answer ATC only 6 minutes after the last convo. If the crew of MH370 were losing consciousness, it might account for the co-pilot repeating himself. It seems like it could happen very quickly, so maybe no time for a mayday call.

I go back and forth between this and something more nefarious, though.

Yeah - hypoxia can definitely mean no mayday call. Even if they aren't unconscious right away, they get really confused without realizing there is an issue - maybe confused enough to turn off a transponder. But you could also argue the decompression damaged the radar - I don't know how strong an argument that is. If it wasn't a major decompression, it could keep flying - and I don't think it would fall like a rock - it would keep gliding for a while - but it would eventually lose lift it was uncontrolled and hit the water with extreme force. Plus, we're not sure it did totally disappear from tracking and fly for hours - the data on that is very confusing.

Yeah, I suppose anything is possible at this point. If everyone on board was somehow knocked out by the decompression and somehow the flight path was set on autopilot after that turn, then I can see where maybe the plane flew till it ran out of gas.

I do wonder still about the 8 hour estimate. I didnt do a good job of catching all the details early on and where the 8 hour thing came from. Like how do we know this plane was really in the air 8 hours. I suppose somewhere it must have been said there was some pinging going on for the 8 hours. But I think the plane landing is a possiblity too if the plane landed and somehow kept the plane running on the runway for the 8 hours.

The whole 8 hour thing seems a little sketchy to me. :)

It's funny how we all look at this differently. It's the flying on till 8am that has me believing it fell into the ocean. Almost 8 hours is consistent with app. how much fuel it had to fly to Beijing and some reserve. That, the south arc over the Indian Ocean, the lack of military radar detection, and the difficulty finding anything is what makes me think it flew over the ocean till it ran out of fuel.

I'm wondering if anyone has questioned the guys in the control tower? Is everything they do recorded? I just get a funny feeling that the Vietnamese are not telling the whole story. Could they have accidentally shot down the airliner? I know it sounds crazy but at this stage of the game anything is possible. This goes to show you that we don't have a perfect system and that there are flaws. I just hope they find something soon. There should at least be some debris by now.

hi guys this is what our news have said in the last hour...

apologies if you have already seen it and discussed.....know how quick you all are!!

anyhow...another bit of info we don't know if we are recieived the truth about!!!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...l-to-share-mh370-information-to-hinder-search

for those who don't want to read all of it, it is about the cargo and Malaysia refusing to say what was in it....

Originally Posted by MummaP
The writing on this shirt is Persian, and was translated through a chum in Lebanon as saying

"The rumors that say there are terrorist Iranian passengers are denied"

Can someone who reads persion pls check this out ...........
.....thats messed up

never heard that one before

:please: praying this ends up in frequently asked....because it seems to be confusing people.

The writing is not ON the persons shirt.
It is a picture of the 2 fake passport holders, plus 2 other people with faces blurred.
One man with his face blurred has writing in Persian/Farsi/Parsi SUPERIMPOSED over him that has the headline about "the rumors....".

It is not actually written on his shirt.
It is from some news article or someones blog or whatever, no one seem to have a source link to the picture, it was randomly pulled from google.

Yeah - hypoxia can definitely mean no mayday call. Even if they aren't unconscious right away, they get really confused without realizing there is an issue - maybe confused enough to turn off a transponder. But you could also argue the decompression damaged the radar - I don't know how strong an argument that is. If it wasn't a major decompression, it could keep flying - and I don't think it would fall like a rock - it would keep gliding for a while - but it would eventually lose lift it was uncontrolled and hit the water with extreme force. Plus, we're not sure it did totally disappear from tracking and fly for hours - the data on that is very confusing.

Don't you find it interesting that the plane flew or dropped altitude or went under the radar almost immediately after disappearing? 12,000 feet...As if hidden

The following is an opinion and observation in general. Not meant to be personal in any way.

Do you know the pilot and his family personally?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but aren't you imagining the best case scenario? I say imagining because even someone's brother doesn't always know the other's marital health sometimes.
The investigation digs for discrepancies or problems in the situation until the weaknesses/ideas can be discredited and shot down via the investigators.
Authorities announced they'd be investigating the psychological profile along with other criteria of the pilots and crew members.

Where is the proof the family has a second home? How do people know the family left for the second home the day prior to the missing flight? How do we know the facts surrounding their marital status? Kids? I thought I read the pilot's children are grownups now. I know I read he's a grandfather of a two year old.

Our opinions are our opinions but they don't count as evidence. I agree to keep an open mind and not to assume the info represents the truth until either confirmed or officially ruled out.

The media will slander someone unfairly, so I understand the desire to discard such reports without better confirmation, and I also understand how it looks like people avoid "the truth". At the same time, a "victim friendly forum" is an admirable idea, but obviously can suppress analysis of people who later turn out not to be victims. People are choosing to err on the side of caution - no victim-blaming as long as people might be victims. I agree sometimes this veers into overly defensive territory, but that's in response to inflammatory insinuations a lot of the time. Everything being given to us is portrayed with some bias, and I think the best thing to do is to give them the benefit of the doubt, as all these competing accusations cannot be true. That's not necessarily putting on rose-colored glasses - it's being smart. Jumping to conclusions isn't going to make a difference in this case - there's no "better safe than sorry" concerns. We have to keep all possibilities open to see if we can figure out the truth. A lot of the insinuations about the pilot are totally exaggerated, but that doesn't mean I believe he is innocent - I'm just smart enough to recognize the media is making a big deal out of nothing, and to wait for them to report on something that is actually a big deal.

It's funny how we all look at this differently. It's the flying on till 8am that has me believing it fell into the ocean. Almost 8 hours is consistent with app. how much fuel it had to fly to Beijing and some reserve. That, the south arc over the Indian Ocean, the lack of military radar detection, and the difficulty finding anything is what makes me think it flew over the ocean till it ran out of fuel.

yes Brightbird, I am with you on this one.... When you look at the arc and where the travel safety board calculated by analysing the satellite pings, the most probable location of where the plane may have ended up, and then the timing of the amount of fuel and the last ping......where they are looking now, is pretty spot on where the "most probable" was calculated......

I am pretty sure they will find the plane there, however with the weather the way it is, it is more than likely being tossed around, but they are in the general area...........have heard that it is more likely to be the plane than not...

its going to take time though............tough place in the world to find something lost.

hi guys this is what our news have said in the last hour...

apologies if you have already seen it and discussed.....know how quick you all are!!

anyhow...another bit of info we don't know if we are recieived the truth about!!!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...l-to-share-mh370-information-to-hinder-search

for those who don't want to read all of it, it is about the cargo and Malaysia refusing to say what was in it....

Thanks but the cargo doesn't even matter. It was the intent of the Captain. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member