Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its interesting to read the comments below this article from some of the people that appear to live there. Some are very critical of how it has been handled.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2014/03/28/ground-the-rmaf-over-mh370-fiasco/

It is interesting, but it is so politically biased for an event such as this.

I believe freemalaysiatoday is the voice of the opposing political party - which ½ the people there support apparently.

ETA: I just want to add that I think it is normal for opposing parties to quibble over internal matters - Lord knows our Govt and Opposition do more than enough of it - but when it comes to an international event like this, I fully expect both sides to present a united front and do the best thing for their country, considering the circumstances.

:seeya: I am booking my mom a flight to come out in May.

IMO, air travel is a still safe mode of transportation.

I agree. The odds are still very good that nothing will ever happen. We are kind of forced to use air travel to get to distant places.

I don't get why Malaysia is so criticized. They've seemed to have told the truth that there is no way there were survivors when this plane crashed at sea. It's there somewhere, they just need help and more data to find it. I wonder if it's all actually fairly simple and the problem is that different satellite info and experts from other countries didn't come together correctly to get it done quickly. Hopefully they'll figure out if it was malfunction, fire, or what. I feel confident they'll locate it pretty soon within a few days.

They taking off now . Forget your cup of coffee. In our third week. ALL my aircraft would be taking off at 600AM so they are over the area when the sun peeps out!

Everyone of my aircraft would have another entire crew ready to roll. AIrcraft would land , refuel, and GO!

If I could get three "shifts" in (daylight) I would. Minimizes all this saw it but its dark we will go start over tomm weather permitting.

Rinse (pardon pun) repeat ......enough already

Chop chop -- lets run our aircraft - sir your moving too slow !!

There have been three accidents involving passenger fatalities on Malaysia Airlines, with a total of 134 confirmed fatalities:

In the first incident listed, after notifying ATC of a hijacker and plan to arrive Singapore, cockpit radioed, "good night"!

They did not let anyone know for three days or so that the plane u turned

They said the only dangerous cargo on it is some FRUIT!

They said they trutsted there pilots but were guarding their homes!

Could go on and on

!

I don't get why Malaysia is so criticized. They've seemed to have told the truth that there is no way there were survivors when this plane crashed at sea. It's there somewhere, they just need help and more data to find it. I wonder if it's all actually fairly simple and the problem is that different satellite info and experts from other countries didn't come together correctly to get it done quickly. Hopefully they'll figure out if it was malfunction, fire, or what. I feel confident they'll locate it pretty soon within a few days.

I am not sure on the political side of things, but I believe they are scrutinizing the flight crew, because someone screwed up something that the flight crew has nothing to do with.

So, if Malaysian Airlines screwed up, they would lose their of one of the "best airlines", and possibly a lot of money due to less people using their airlines and the pay-outs to the victims' next of kin.

JMO.

The air crash investigation into the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is likely to be based in Australia, amid a push for the wreckage and the black box to be scrutinised here.
In a day of significant developments in the search for the lost flight, the Malaysian government announced it won't establish an inquiry until the black box - or flight recorder - is found, something that could take years, if it is even discovered at all.
The new search zone is well away from debris picked up by a variety of satellites.

The decision created uproar in Malaysia's parliament amid lingering concerns about the nation's investigative effort thus far, which has been characterised by mistakes and miscommunication and enraged some families.
As the focus of the search shifted dramatically on Friday after fresh analysis suggested the plane did not travel as far as first thought, Fairfax Media understands there is a strong belief among Australian officials that Perth is the logical place for the investigation.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/push-to...-into-mh370-20140328-35onf.html#ixzz2xJ2L32dk

They taking off now . Forget your cup of coffee. In our third week. ALL my aircraft would be taking off at 600AM so they are over the area when the sun peeps out!

Everyone of my aircraft would have another entire crew ready to roll. AIrcraft would land , refuel, and GO!

If I could get three "shifts" in (daylight) I would. Minimizes all this saw it but its dark we will go start over tomm weather permitting.

AMSA News ‏@AMSA_News 3h
The search for #MH370 focussing on the new area is planned to continue today, weather permitting. More details to follow.

My personal issue is the fact they say things then change it. Biggest example is the batteries they said they weren't in the cargo then 4 days later they were in the cargo. It seems like they have been withholding information about things that could make them look bad. No one is perfect but why lie and hide things....it makes trusting anything they say difficult.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

In the first incident listed, after notifying ATC of a hijacker and plan to arrive Singapore, cockpit radioed, "good night"!

This one too:

"1 August 2005 - a Boeing 777 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia registered 9M-MRG operating Malaysia Airlines Flight 124 departed Perth Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for Kuala Lumpur. Climbing through 38,000 feet a faulty accelerometer caused the aircraft's Air data inertial reference unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (ADIRU) to command changes of altitude. The flight crew overrode the ADIRU and manually returned to land the aircraft at Perth. The subsequent investigation led the US Federal Aviation Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to issue emergency airworthiness directive 2005-18-51 on the fly-by-wire software.[77]"

BBM ~ From Perth?! :scared:

Maybe that's what happened with MH370 and they tried to turn the plane to the nearest airport?

Much has been said about this. Meaningless ---so common. Even in this instance if you look at the transcript they "good morninged" "pleased" ! each other 12 times. A rapport was established, it was late at night, not busy. Protocol says not - but we all are suppossed to got the speedlimit too - happens all the time. Its cordial professsional etc:

The controller working a busy pattern told the 727 on downwind to make a three-sixty--do a complete circle, a move normally used to provide spacing between aircraft.

The pilot of the 727 complained, "Don't you know it costs us two thousand dollars to make even a one-eighty in this airplane?"
Without missing a beat the controller replied, "Roger, give me four thousand dollars' worth."
A DC-10 had an exceedingly long rollout after landing with his approach speed a little high.

<modsnip>

More at link.....

http://www.4vfr.com/?goto=atc_overheard&section=atc

Isn't it about ten in the morning out there now? I hope they (searchers) are already en route.

I am not sure on the political side of things, but I believe they are scrutinizing the flight crew, because someone screwed up something that the flight crew has nothing to do with.

So, if Malaysian Airlines screwed up, they would lose their of one of the "best airlines", and possibly a lot of money due to less people using their airlines and the pay-outs to the victims' next of kin.

JMO.

And a slight oopsie by the RMAF...

This is what Abdul Rahim said in parliament: “The turnback was detected in our radar, only we thought the turnback was done by MAS, an aircraft that was not hostile or a friendly aircraft, so we thought maybe it’s an order from control tower.”
“….only we thought…..!” In any civilised country, the public outcry would have demanded the mass resignations of the defence minister, his deputy, the chief of the armed forces, the RMAF chief, and the prime minister.
If this had been a wartime situation, Abdul Rahim and all the squadrons of air force planes could have been obliterated.
Common sense mistake No 2: Not keeping abreast of news and not reading enough.
Are the radar operators unaware that the two passenger jets which were deliberately flown into the New York Twin Towers were the weapons of death and destruction?
In a hypothetical scenario what if a passenger jet had traversed Malaysian air space and hurtled into the Petronas Twin Towers, or other sensitive locations?
Common sense mistake No 3: Never assume that the rakyat are as clueless as the defence chiefs.
Abdul Rahim Bakri failed to mention the lack of communication between civilian and military aviation authorities. Was he hoping we would not remind him?
On March 12, military radar detected an aircraft some 200 miles northwest of Penang in the Straits of Malacca. At 2.15am on the same day it went missing. We are told that there was no way to determine if the blip was MH370.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2014/03/28/ground-the-rmaf-over-mh370-fiasco/

I understand your sentiments, but our Govt is paying for much of this search effort, which means that us Aussies are all paying for it out of our taxes.

As far as I know, we do not have a contingency fund for air crash investigations. Especially for other countries aircraft lost in international waters. We are happy to do it due to our international obligations, but our planes and crew and tax dollars must be getting a bit exhausted by now.

And a slight oopsie by the RMAF...

This is what Abdul Rahim said in parliament: “The turnback was detected in our radar, only we thought the turnback was done by MAS, an aircraft that was not hostile or a friendly aircraft, so we thought maybe it’s an order from control tower.”
“….only we thought…..!” In any civilised country, the public outcry would have demanded the mass resignations of the defence minister, his deputy, the chief of the armed forces, the RMAF chief, and the prime minister.
If this had been a wartime situation, Abdul Rahim and all the squadrons of air force planes could have been obliterated.
Common sense mistake No 2: Not keeping abreast of news and not reading enough.
Are the radar operators unaware that the two passenger jets which were deliberately flown into the New York Twin Towers were the weapons of death and destruction?
In a hypothetical scenario what if a passenger jet had traversed Malaysian air space and hurtled into the Petronas Twin Towers, or other sensitive locations?
Common sense mistake No 3: Never assume that the rakyat are as clueless as the defence chiefs.
Abdul Rahim Bakri failed to mention the lack of communication between civilian and military aviation authorities. Was he hoping we would not remind him?
On March 12, military radar detected an aircraft some 200 miles northwest of Penang in the Straits of Malacca. At 2.15am on the same day it went missing. We are told that there was no way to determine if the blip was MH370.

Ok, so the RMAF screwed up! :floorlaugh:

Alot of countries have learned from 9/11, such as not ignoring random planes on our radars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther