Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the defense minister's press conference this morning, Hishammuddin Hussein said, among other things, that Indonesia has agreed to allow 94 sorties by 9 countries over Indonesian airspace.

"I should also like to point out that Indonesia has given clearance for 94 sorties — by aircraft from nine different countries — to fly in their airspace, as part of this search."

He seemed very subdued this morning...not his usually chipper self. He's also headed to Hawaii to meet with ASEAN defense ministers meeting, convened by US Secy of Defense, Chuck Hagel.

The rest is here: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/what-you-think/article/mh370-press-briefing-hishammuddin-hussein3

The big wow for me was the sorties over Indonesia. It would seem searchers may have been eager to do some checking over Indonesia. I find that very interesting. Ninety-four! Wouldn't it be something if that's where the plane is...(although it's now 3 weeks after-the-fact).

If the flight ended in the Southern Indian Ocean why fly 96 sorties over Indonesia? Possible that it is not believed that it is in the ocean?

So let me see if I follow this most conclude not terrorism but....

Malaysia tightens flight security in wake of MH370

The pilot and a co-pilot are now not allowed to be left alone in the cockpit, even when one of them is taking a toilet break, according to a MAS circular.

On the ground, MAHB has made it mandatory for anyone taking an international flight to pass through two metal-detectors and undergo a body search before they board.

The travellers must now also remove their shoes, belt, jackets and any electronic devices such as cellphones and laptop computers for separate scanning. Bottled drinking water is not allowed to be brought aboard.

The United States, Britain and Australia had asked that security checks on all passengers flying to the countries be increased.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...-tightens-flight-security-wake-mh370-20140331

And then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

US lawmakers see no evidence of terrorism in missing MH370

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...-no-evidence-terrorism-missing-mh370-20140331

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

China media call for rationality over MH370

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...na-media-call-rationality-over-mh370-20140331

LOL. It was supposedly an "innocent" fire on board BUT pilots (especially in the US) are about to probably have cameras in the cockpit and will have to change protocol. Not to mention the various kinds of ongoing background checks will be likely performed on ALL pilots.

But, pay no attention to this, they still think it was mechanical.

I stick by my original prediction--it was terrorism and the passengers were only victims of circumstance (never to be used as a bargaining chip) much like the poor victims on the 9/11 planes.

However, I do not believe that the plane is in any way destroyed. I think it landed safely.

We know about the battery life

ONE MORE TIME!

Good job and thank you!

Too much Don Lemon? :floorlaugh:

If the flight ended in the Southern Indian Ocean why fly 96 sorties over Indonesia? Possible that it is not believed that it is in the ocean?

It may be a shorter distance to get to their destination. I'd have to look at the map. jmo

For hijacker- the questions are even more. But generally - How did they get into the cockpit? How many were there? How did they all pass security clearance? If it was one person - how did one person do all of that? How did they get the tools in to do this mission (getting into cockpit, etc.)? What did they do to the passengers and crew? How did they disable the pilots? What was the motive of "losing" the plane?

From like day 3-4 (Free Scale) I look at this as highly planned, years in the making, many folks, countries involved terrorist attack in the same league as 9-11.

Whatever country has the plane was in on it. And now in hindsight if you look at it us thus far it’s getting ready to eclipse 9-11 in terms of media coverage.

I think the 20 FS guys were participants. I think the two passport kids were part of it. They picked the ER 777] Extended Range flight segment ,, they picked late departure, flying all through darkness, (and happened to have 20 engineers that are working on ways to interfere with transponders ACARS air traffic junk radar systems for the defense department.)

I think the belly had lots of electronic hi tech stuff to accompany the 20 engineers. I think pilot in on it, copilot was not. The reason why he sounded muffled was because he had been clobbered, or shoe bomb just blew off cockpit door something like that.

And the media keeps making this all or nothing stuff. Both pilots and no pilot involvement. What makes most sense is one cockpit member is participant. Or media claims it can’t be terrorist because nothing has happened yet. 911 was a years in the making event.

Is it or is it not suicide media it - can’t be because he flew a long time. If suicide, he flew to what the world now knows is a pretty perfect place not to be found.

The amount of time the aircraft spent in the air, IMO rules out mechanical or fire!

The questions of fuel on board are very crucial. It could be in Ireland for all we know!!

Motive? Money could just be in a hanger with all the toys in the belly, 20 engineers coerced into giving proprietary top secret Intel. Could be black market stuff related to the stuff, if there is, in the belly. Could be waiting for aviation to quiet down before loading her up and …………………….

“Hijacking” IMO is to go somewhere! What did they do to the passengers and crew? Terrorists are terrorists - they kill people all the time. Again the media well where are the passengers - just like the people in 9-11, Madrid train bombing etcetc they were murdered.

The media again how come we did not get any cell phone activity - if there were 20 FS folks involved and made it clear we see anyone tring to use a phone.......................most folks would be compliant I think.

Why are they not exploring the possibility of the plane being safely on land again?

Excuse me if this question has been answered but I don't think there is any reason to believe the plane is in the Ocean.

I also am not sure if they will EVER find any debris in the water belonging to the plane...that Ocean is a dumping ground. Seeing debris by satellite means nothing.

I agree. I am back at square one and not convinced it is even in water either. It could have crash landed trying to head back to nearest airport. I would at least send a portion of my search crew on a heading to known airstrips.

At first this method seemed so promising:

1-try to spot by satellite
2-then send in planes to confirm
3-then send in boats to retrieve.

The trouble seems to be that Satellite images must not be reliable as to it being any kind of debri. Like those 123 objects and all the other objects spotted. I am not sure if even 1 object was ever confirmed to be the same object in a satellite picture. I am not sure what the problem was with that method but it seemed to be a good method at first.

They kind of just abandoned that method it seems.

Putting all eggs in 1 basket is probably not a good idea. Since the plane made unusual movements it seems heading towards an airstrip would be 1 possibility. Maybe split up the search crew into 3 different search crews.

Northern route, Eastern Route, Southern route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels