Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone, hoping for some breakthrough today, again...

So let me see if I follow this most conclude not terrorism but....

Malaysia tightens flight security in wake of MH370

The pilot and a co-pilot are now not allowed to be left alone in the cockpit, even when one of them is taking a toilet break, according to a MAS circular.

On the ground, MAHB has made it mandatory for anyone taking an international flight to pass through two metal-detectors and undergo a body search before they board.

The travellers must now also remove their shoes, belt, jackets and any electronic devices such as cellphones and laptop computers for separate scanning. Bottled drinking water is not allowed to be brought aboard.

The United States, Britain and Australia had asked that security checks on all passengers flying to the countries be increased.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...-tightens-flight-security-wake-mh370-20140331

And then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

US lawmakers see no evidence of terrorism in missing MH370

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...-no-evidence-terrorism-missing-mh370-20140331

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

China media call for rationality over MH370

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...na-media-call-rationality-over-mh370-20140331

Safety measures that should have been implemented beforehand but were not and now Malaysia must make chang

They have tried to land Sully's flight in the Hudson on a simulator and iirc they haven't been able to make it. It is very rare and in both Sully and the Gimli Glider events the pilots had separate gliding experience and training as a hobby.

There is a reason that both air transat and the miracle on the hudson have stood the annals of time as rare flying feats.

I agree...
the Air Transat airbus pilot Cpt Piche in 2001 and Cpt Sully were both experienced glider pilots

RSBM

Thanks for this link CARIIS. China is finally trying to settle its people, it seems.

Under the headline "Treat MH370 tragedy rationally", the commentary in the China Daily newspaper, which is run by the government, said: "It is certain that flight MH370 crashed in the Indian Ocean and no one on board survived."

"We should not let anger prevail over facts and rationality," it said.

"We need to comply with the fundamental norms of a civilised society and need to show the demeanour of a great power."

Irrational words and behaviour would "not help matters", it added, and those involved should "prepare to make arrangements for funerals".

During the defense minister's press conference this morning, Hishammuddin Hussein said, among other things, that Indonesia has agreed to allow 94 sorties by 9 countries over Indonesian airspace.

"I should also like to point out that Indonesia has given clearance for 94 sorties — by aircraft from nine different countries — to fly in their airspace, as part of this search."

He seemed very subdued this morning...not his usually chipper self. He's also headed to Hawaii to meet with ASEAN defense ministers meeting, convened by US Secy of Defense, Chuck Hagel.

The rest is here: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/what-you-think/article/mh370-press-briefing-hishammuddin-hussein3

The big wow for me was the sorties over Indonesia. It would seem searchers may have been eager to do some checking over Indonesia. I find that very interesting. Ninety-four! Wouldn't it be something if that's where the plane is...(although it's now 3 weeks after-the-fact).

The "truth will prevail" in the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, the country's transport minister has pledged. Hishammuddin Hussein made the promise during the latest news conference on the mystery of flight MH370.

He said analysis had revealed five objects retrieved from the Indian Ocean on Saturday were not from the Boeing missing 777.

But when asked to clarify the pilots' last words before contact was lost with the aircraft and whether it had performed a sharp left turn, Mr Hussein said such matters were still a focus for investigators. "Can I just give you an assurance?," he said. "All these inquiries are already in place and the truth will prevail and will be out there. "So basically, if you're asking questions which are part and parcel of investigations, talking about transcripts, you must be fair to us because only those who are doing the investigations can give us the ok."

http://www.964eagle.co.uk/news/world-news/1244829/missing-malaysia-plane-truth-will-prevail/

bbm

Wow, look at all these ships out there yesterday!! Here's a complete list:

Today, nine military aircraft and one civilian aircraft travelled to the search area. These planes were:

• two Malaysian C-130.
• one Chinese Ilyushin IL-76.
• one Japanese Coast Guard G5.
• one Australian P3 Orion.
• one New Zealand P3 Orion.
• one New Zealand civilian aircraft.
• one American P8 Poseidon.
• one Japanese P3 Orion.
• one Korean P3 Orion.

Today eleven ships were also deployed to the search area:

• Eight Chinese ships:
- the Xue Long,
- the Kunlunshan,
- the Haikou,
- the Qiandaohu Jian,
- the Jing Gang Shan,
- the Haixun,
- the Dong Hai Jian,
- and the Nan Hai Jian.
• Three Australian ships:
- the HMAS Success,
- the HMAS Toowoomba
- and MV Barkley Pearl, which is currently transiting in the search area.

The Malaysian ship, the KD Lekiu, is expected to arrive in the search area on 3 April.

The ADV Ocean Shield - fitted with the towed pinger locator and a Bluefin 21 autonomous underwater vehicle - is due to arrive in the search area on 3 April.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/mh370-pre...hussein--31-march-2014--5-30pm-101820079.html

Malaysian authorities have issued new security instructions ordering that the pilot and co-pilot are not allowed to be left alone in the cockpit, even when one of them is taking a toilet break. A cabin crew member has to be in the cockpit until the pilot or co-pilot returns from the restroom.

When bringing food to the cockpit, a flight attendant is required to stand guard at the door to make sure no passenger enters the restricted area.

On the ground, MAHB has made it mandatory for anyone taking an international flight to pass through two metal-detectors and undergo a body search before they board.

The travellers must now also remove their shoes, belt, jackets and any electronic devices such as cellphones and laptop computers for separate scanning.

Bottled drinking water is not allowed to be brought aboard.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Good morning!
Was hoping for progress, instead, a play on words.

Hisham: PM never said MH370 had crashed
Alyaa Azhar | March 31, 2014
The Acting Transport Minister says that his cousin only stated that MH370's last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
FULL REPORT
PETALING JAYA: Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein today defended Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak on the latter’s announcement made last week on the fate of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.
Responding to a question posed during today’s daily briefing, Hishammuddin said that claims of the plane having crashed was “totally erroneous”.
“He (Najib) said that based on analysis, Inmarsat and AAIB concluded that MH370′s last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
“He also said that it was a remote location, far from any possible landing sites.
“However, there was no mention of a crash or that there were no survivors at all,” said Hishammuddin.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/03/31/hisham-pm-never-said-mh370-had-crashed/

Good morning!
Was hoping for progress, instead, a play on words.

Hisham: PM never said MH370 had crashed
Alyaa Azhar | March 31, 2014
The Acting Transport Minister says that his cousin only stated that MH370's last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
FULL REPORT
PETALING JAYA: Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein today defended Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak on the latter’s announcement made last week on the fate of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.
Responding to a question posed during today’s daily briefing, Hishammuddin said that claims of the plane having crashed was “totally erroneous”.
“He (Najib) said that based on analysis, Inmarsat and AAIB concluded that MH370′s last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
“He also said that it was a remote location, far from any possible landing sites.
“However, there was no mention of a crash or that there were no survivors at all,” said Hishammuddin.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/03/31/hisham-pm-never-said-mh370-had-crashed/

sigh. He is accurate. But like you said, a play on words

" Accounts forwarded on Chinese social media -- especially on popular mobile message services -- have it that the plane is being held hostage deep in Central Asia, that Malaysia shot it down because hijackers wanted to crash it into Kuala Lumpur's twin towers or that the U.S. diverted it to a remote island to prevent secret information from reaching China.

China's censors have not reined in the discourse about the missing Malaysia Airlines jet with the same urgency they normally would on stories that cast Beijing in a bad light. However, there are signs authorities are aiming to dial down the volume.

Commentary in the state-run China Daily on Monday said that "we should not let anger prevail over facts and rationality."

"No matter how distressed we are and how many details that are not clear, it is certain that flight MH370 crashed in the Indian Ocean and no one on board survived," said the comments attributed to Mei Xinyu, a researcher at the International Trade and Economic Cooperation Institute of China's Commerce Ministry."

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/world/commentar...n-to-missing-jetliner-1.1753364#ixzz2xXkXJjYq

Pretty intense stuff, comes on quick, but in and of itself (onset) makes it hard for a pilot to know it is happening so often they can be late in getting the mask on until the pooint of no return.

Here is testing in a chamber - around 1:03 this pilot can not identify a playing card................ around 312 he cannot follow the directive to put on his mask

imagine 600 miles an hour with less oxygen than these guys are being subject to!

Hypoxia - 4 of spades - YouTube

Based on what we have witnessed so far I am not so sure about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the lens was dirty. Oh my, pardon the pun, but that creates an image!

does anyone remember if those sightings are close to the "new and improved" search area?

"Malaysian police can effectively investigate our own citizens," said P. Sundramoorthy, head of criminology research at Universiti Sains Malaysia. But he added that diplomatic relations can be a sticky business. "You must understand that the sovereignty of a nation goes beyond all. Just because we are investigating here, it does not compel the other countries involved in this to provide'' comprehensive information.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...52435044352.html?mod=WSJ_World_LEFTSecondNews

I am thinking we will never know. jmo idk

There is an interview here with Anwar Ibrahim ... speaking about Capt Shah.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2014/s3974654.htm

Confusing. He initially denied knowing him, but now, different story.

Mr Anwar initially denied knowing the captain, but later admitted that the pilot was in fact related to his son's in-laws.

He acknowledged meeting him on "several occasions", adding that Mr Zaharie was a "decent man" and "close friend" of the opposition party.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26628684

The flight to Beijing was 6 hours and posters with aviation experience have said it would have been carrying some reserve, say an hours worth. That's app. 7 hours of flying time. If it crashed when the ping data says it did - between 8am & 9am then it flew for 7.5 - 8.5 hours. Flying time is affected by speed and altitude. So I think it's roughly consistent with the amount of fuel it should have been carrying for the flight to Beijing.

Im trying to determine if the plane had enough fuel to go all the way south.

When I look at the original distance to Bejing in a straight line and then label that 6 hours and then another hours worth I tried to estimate how far that would be.

Then when I take his distance flown already and add the distance he went back to the left and then whatever is left doesnt seem like he could go that far South.

Its hard to do with just estimates from the maps though.

Im beginning to think they should send 1/3 of their search party back up to where the plane was last known for sure. For some reason I keep thinking it is up North where it was last known to be flying.

Im just not convinced yet it is down where they are searching.

I did think that Imastat data sounded right though so maybe they are just not quite on top of it yet. It is so sad that this plane seems to have disappeared. Its very upsetting and frustrating.

Why are they not exploring the possibility of the plane being safely on land again?

Excuse me if this question has been answered but I don't think there is any reason to believe the plane is in the Ocean.

I also am not sure if they will EVER find any debris in the water belonging to the plane...that Ocean is a dumping ground. Seeing debris by satellite means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn