Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM ~ What "contiunous loop" mean? It overwrites after 17-25 hours? So, if there is no activity for 30+ days, does it record non-activity? TIA.

I am not certain BUT I will venture a guess and say it stops recording upon impact of the plane when it's systems stop working and the locator beacons beginning to ping

BBM ~ What "contiunous loop" mean? It overwrites after 17-25 hours? So, if there is no activity for 30+ days, does it record non-activity? TIA.

Overwrites after 17 to 25 hours alter. The flight data recorder would record what the airplane does when its on. Flight data recorder does not record non-activity as it is powered by the airplane and is unlikely in the case of MH370. The battery for the flight data recorder is for the pinging.

http://books.google.com/books?id=OH...=flight data recorder continuous loop&f=false
http://books.google.com/books?id=ep...=flight data recorder continuous loop&f=false

The ones on WestJet (the airline of my choice) gets their data from a GPS company called GeoNova. I don't think it's connected to ACARS or the transponder. I think it's just a basic GPS system that's installed on planes. If ACARS/transponder was turned off, I don't know if the in-flight map would turn off as well.

Not sure if all airlines have such a system though. I would assume there's a fee to have it installed.

Did MH370 have the in-flight tracker screen?

OT ~ WestJet annoyed me yesterday when I cancelled a flight a was charged $80 to cancel a $256 flight, and the balance in my "WestJet" account. Just refund me the money, WestJet will make money selling that ticket anyways. :tantrum:

So turning that off cannot be seen as a sinister act, I suppose.

ETA: why does it take so long for important information to come out of Malaysia?

Yes, so it would be operating under normal protocol, but at the beginning Malaysia stated this was "deliberate action". No wonder why the loved ones cannot get closure on this. Hope we are close. :candle:

TONY Abbott has taken an important call — and he wanted everyone to know about it.

Mr Abbott tweeted a photograph of himself sporting his most serious ‘bad-*advertiser censored*-with-a-plan face’ alongside a note about the missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/o...pm-david-cameron/story-fnjwnhzf-1226879737270

V funny! :floorlaugh:

768208-52b1d79a-c03e-11e3-b362-fbc371d40a1d.jpg

I love the photo tweets! :lol:

*Photo from same link*

Yes, I agree.
I just did some Google searches and it turns out ACARS can't be totally disabled. It goes into "standby mode." Which would explain the handshakes that Immersat got.

I also found this bit interesting

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-color-red-missing-mh370-font-acars-cannot-be-disabled-1.521314

“It is Mas procedure to switch ACARS, VHF, and High Frequency selection off but this is only for flights to China as the service provider for Mas does not cover China. Some if not all pilots switch them all off for a while and then later switch SATCOMM back on to force the system into SATCOMM mode.”

This is a very significant detail to me. If true, it would make the shutting off of ACARS less sinister in isolation. Still does not explain other events and actions that took place, and there is no explanation of why SATCOMM was not turned back on at some point. (Maybe it was and we have not heard that from any investigators?).

This is a very significant detail to me. If true, it would make the shutting off of ACARS less sinister in isolation. Still does not explain other events and actions that took place, and there is no explanation of why SATCOMM was not turned back on at some point. (Maybe it was and we have not heard that from any investigators?).

Same link ilovepierre posted: :scared: Bear in mind this was written March 16th:

"When asked what steps could have been taken in the case of a hijacking or emergency, the pilot said that in the cockpit, one VHF receiver is always in emergency frequency 121.5 for air defence and other aircraft to call.

“I have never approached the ACARS possibility but for the transponder I can't figure out why it was switched off with MH370.

“When in an emergency, the pilot has to change transponder code depending whether it's an emergency or hijacking or others.”

Meanwhile, former Royal Malaysian Air Force pilot Dr Mohamed Rafick Khan Abdul Rahman, who retired while holding the rank of major, MH370 would probably have been flown higher than 5,000ft while over the peninsula because of the Titiwangsa mountain range.

He said flying nap of the earth, also called terrain masking or treetop flying, was a skill which usually required military training.

Such flying, he said, was usually performed by air force pilots in fighter jets."

Read more: MISSING MH370: ACARS cannot be disabled - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...ars-cannot-be-disabled-1.521314#ixzz2yS1hkU4s

Its a good question and I heard them say something about that last partial ping but dont remember exactly what they said. If I had to guess I think they did infer that the last partial ping was close to the area where they are hearing the black box sounds. I am not exactly sure how close though. We need a map that shows the black box sounds and that last partial ping on the same map to be sure.

ETA: I found an article and it basically says what I thought they said last night. They dont say how close though. LOL

"Houston noted that all four of the pings detected in recent days were near a final, partial "handshake" signal revealed earlier in the investigation."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-underwater-pings-relocated-1.2603564

bbm

Thanks for linking to that.

That's what I thought Mr. Houston said. So the partial handshake is the one which is presumably connected in some way with the fuel running out.

All of the pings seem to be right very close to that line, which is what we would expect.

JMO.

Thanks Hatfield, we should all be flight and aircraft gerus will this is done.

And I bet Martin Salvage will be flying a plane.

Martin and Mitchell both look so bored in that flight simulator every time they show them!

Missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370: Ocean Shield fails to find more signals

2 hours ago April 10, 2014 1:03PM

THE Australian Defence vessel Ocean Shield has not been able to again detect underwater signals after positive transmissions thought to be from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 were received on Saturday and Tuesday.

“They continued the pinger operations through the night,” said former Defence chief Angus Houston, heading the Joint Agency Coordination Centre in Perth, a short time ago.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...ind-more-signals/story-e6frfq80-1226879432316

Is there any press conference scheduled for tonight? Or I guess I shoudl say, was there any press conference earlier?

just watching CNN, and Anderson Cooper's interview with the US Navy commander, he said that that was no question that when they initially acquired the pinger for the 2 hour segmant, that they were receiving two signals, from two seperate soureces. Anderson Cooper asked him if they could tell how far apart the signals were and he said he didnt have that information but that it was less than a kilometer or two. This would seem to be very good evidence that it is MH370, since there would be two pingers, one could run out sooner thatn the other. They may be close together but not exactly together.

just watching CNN, and Anderson Cooper's interview with the US Navy commander, he said that that was no question that when they initially acquired the pinger for the 2 hour segmant, that they were receiving two signals, from two seperate soureces. Anderson Cooper asked him if they could tell how far apart the signals were and he said he didnt have that information but that it was less than a kilometer or two. This would seem to be very good evidence that it is MH370, since there would be two pingers, one could run out sooner thatn the other. They may be close together but not exactly together.

wow that is interesting information.

I have been wondering...

Is there any other scenario other than gliding down piloted which would account for the plane going in and just sinking to the bottom? As in, no debris field?

Martin and Mitchell both look so bored in that flight simulator every time they show them!

I think their jeans have melded into the material in the simulator seats; now they simply can't move!

Yes, I agree.
I just did some Google searches and it turns out ACARS can't be totally disabled. It goes into "standby mode." Which would explain the handshakes that Immersat got.

I also found this bit interesting

“It is Mas procedure to switch ACARS, VHF, and High Frequency selection off but this is only for flights to China as the service provider for Mas does not cover China. Some if not all pilots switch them all off for a while and then later switch SATCOMM back on to force the system into SATCOMM mode.”

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-color-red-missing-mh370-font-acars-cannot-be-disabled-1.521314

I find this ^^^ super-interesting. And does this mean that the transponder also goes off before entering China's airspace? Is the transponder also part of the SATCOMM system?

Transponder (satellite communications) .....

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Transponder_(satellite_communications)

Were all of these satcomms items supposed to be turned off, deliberately, before entering China's airspace? (Would not surprise me ... China does not allow Google searches or FB, and other modes of communication.) And if so, why haven't any of the experts bothered to mention this yet?

I find this ^^^ super-interesting. And does this mean that the transponder also goes off before entering China's airspace? Is the transponder also part of the SATCOMM system?

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Transponder_(satellite_communications)

Were all of these satcomms items supposed to be turned off, deliberately, before entering China's airspace? (Would not surprise me ... China does not allow Google searches or FB, and other modes of communication.) And if so, why haven't any of the experts bothered to mention this yet?

They weren't in China's airspace at the time everything was switched off though, correct? They were just passing the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese airspace. I would be shocked if the transponder would ever be shut off in flight. How would China know who was entering their airspace without identification from the plane's transponder? Makes no sense to me.

So is this new???

The Australian agency coordinating the search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 said Thursday that an Australian naval aircraft had picked up a possible signal in the same area where an Australian ship detected sounds consistent with those coming from an aircraft's black boxes earlier this week.

The Australian navy P-3 Orion had been dropping sound-locating buoys into the water near where the original sounds were heard.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...flight-search-area-tightened-to-smallest-yet/

I do not believe they scrambled eggs much less fighters at all! You?

Twenty years ago Dan Rather would be saying:
Respectfully sir, on March 9 when asked about scrambling jets you said no - lets watch that clip.

Can you explain to me your recent declaration that you did in fact do so?

THis is just BS! and they have learned that the media wont ask a tough question repulsive=======
I am angry. In light of the fact that on March 8, thus far the world has never lost a jumbo bet sure seems to me the first step anywhere in the world would be to check radar from everyone to start SEARCH AND RESCUE.

This silliness that all of em did didnt bla bal radar is not hard (by that I mean it makes sense the sat stuff would take time) but looking a seeing blip just isnt difficult , unless their radar folks are related to Helen Keller just a heap of feces!!

Ok fine you say you scrambled roll radar tapes cause you have changed your stuff 452 times in a month, and chronic liars tend not to suddenly began to tell the truth. The excuse for the "new and improved"(going upto avoid to the NOrth before the south turn) is suppossed to be casue Thailand recorded but noone asked so they said nothing. I do not know Thai relationship with Mal but that also is just another recent new addition to the fable.

They do not want the plan found and have been delib throwing off those efforts since the instant it vanished and countries need to make it clear to them that we are done. We are beginning sanctions tomm unless you turn over anything asked for by NTSB.

Since we know nothing and there is a possiblity that other nations could be in grave danger we are not stepping on your privacy - our folks or our allies populations could be in danger and that is our stance and we (collectivly) began impacting your contry finanically, PEROID.

We have been (allies too) pu**ies and are done.

ENOUGH , we all our the ones that look like morons not them

whats the deal lie to me once.........................................

So is this new???

The Australian agency coordinating the search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 said Thursday that an Australian naval aircraft had picked up a possible signal in the same area where an Australian ship detected sounds consistent with those coming from an aircraft's black boxes earlier this week.

The Australian navy P-3 Orion had been dropping sound-locating buoys into the water near where the original sounds were heard.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...flight-search-area-tightened-to-smallest-yet/

I heard this on FOX last night, too...

I was wondering if it was new... Or just a rehash of what has already been reported?

:waitasec:

New signal detected in plane search

April 10, 2014 9:26PM

AN Australian aircraft involved in the hunt for Malaysia Airlines flight 370 has picked up a possible fifth signal in the search zone where previous signals consistent with the plane's black box were detected.

An RAAF AP-3C Orion aircraft, which had been dropping buoys dangling microphones, detected a signal in the vicinity of the vessel Ocean Shield on Thursday afternoon

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...nue-mh370-search/story-fnihsfrf-1226879694942

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox