Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I feeling like calling BS on everything they are saying!

"Malaysian air force search aircraft were scrambled about 8 a.m."

Huh?

Where were they scrambling to????

Eggs, they were making breakfast;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo! I say much of the info coming out of Malaysia is just that.

I think Cariis said it best.."the only thing they were scrambling is eggs":floorlaugh:

I can only imagine what else is yet to be revealed. Or not.

I know, eh! Geez Louise, I hate to say this is turning into a dark comedy, but what they are saying just seems so ridiculous, I don't know whether to laugh or cry (scream, really).

And, how many times can these folks change the info they have given us. Does any wonder why they are claiming they interviewed five pilots to determine the voice instead of, oh, say, maybe FBI voice analysis?

I really don't even like conspiracy theories, but this is all completely nonsensical to me.

I'm starting to wonder if all of this is a cover-up, seriously. Because why would you 'scramble' jets hours after they were on your radar? Maybe because during the interim, you were talking about how to mask this all. Why search the east coast when you know it's on the west .... buy time.

Lawstudent...

To share and help clarify, the xponder on or off doesn't REALLY matter as it wouldn't be seen anyway by ATC after normal loss of radar contact in a non radar area. It would only benefit as a means for the CAS(collision avoidance system)for planes to "see" each other in flight. It is unusual for a pilot to turn it off or toggle it without ATC request as it tends to get them excited based on their screen appearance when toggled.

The last known cockpit transmission has no meaning as far as wording, I don't fly a triple 7 but when ATC hands me off I might say my call sign as acknowledgement then Cya, or Gooday then call sign, or just my callsign, etc. Anyway no third party or stress was detected on 370's last.

Acars and xponder are separate. It is true one can use ACARS to communicate with ATC and is likely the standard for getting clearances, etc prior to taxi.

I also agree that what is normal can seem unbelievable to the public. Also some radar can at times give incorrect altitudes especially with no xponder to help.

The Australian Defense Force source said the signal detected was not at the 37.5 kHz frequency consistent with the pingers from flight data recorders but in a range that suggests strongly that it is from something that is man-made. Commodore Peter Leavy of the Royal Australian Navy said Wednesday in Perth that existing technology in RAAF P3 aircraft had been modified to allow the acoustic processor to pick up sounds in the frequency range. Using the technology in this way is experimental, according to the source.

RSBM

If these other pings being heard are not the black box frequency but are from something man-made, what else could be pinging?

The Australian Defense Force source said the signal detected was not at the 37.5 kHz frequency consistent with the pingers from flight data recorders but in a range that suggests strongly that it is from something that is man-made. Commodore Peter Leavy of the Royal Australian Navy said Wednesday in Perth that existing technology in RAAF P3 aircraft had been modified to allow the acoustic processor to pick up sounds in the frequency range. Using the technology in this way is experimental, according to the source.

RSBM

If these other pings being heard are not the black box frequency but are from something man-made, what else could be pinging?

I don't have the link but they contacted the makers of the black boxes and were told not to worry about the drift to 33.5 khz as it does drift towards end of battery life

Too many countries, with too much varied technology, to be a cover-up, IMO...

RSBM

The pingers are simply a battery in a 1/ 1/4"x 4" cylinder with a water switch and then attached to the CVR and FDR as a carrying handle. I suppose someone could possibly throw a few overboard, but that would be weird.

Here's a link to a pinger and possibly the kind used on MAS 370 http://www.benthos.com/index.php/product/locators/elp-362a-pinger

Too many countries, with too much varied technology, to be a cover-up, IMO...

They may have just been covering up something like a person watching the military radar was asleep at the wheel and figuring better late than never on scrambling jets. Maybe some other things. Something isn't right, but no other country that has access to the inner working of what went on in Malaysia (if any) is going to say anything right now, maybe never. It doesn't neccessarily mean they crashed the plane or whatever. I do believe the Malaysian head honchos would have no qualms about claiming the pilot did it or fudging the results of interviews on his 'voice'.

It will be a real eye opener if this isn't "IT" on top of all the other mistakes.

It almost sounds like having a friend do something really bad, covering it up with lies, half truths and misinformation and asking several other friends to come help the "solve" the "problem" just that not everyone is dealing all their cards so the friends don't know how to "really" help.

Morning all -
So I see there is a flurry of "new developments" this morning -
Per CNN:
1. someone said plane flew around 4,000 ft.
2. someone said the last words "goonight...." were spoken by the pilot
3. sono-buoy (sp?) picked up one signal

1>so now we have heard these altitudes in all of this:
Tomorrow we're probably gonna hear the plane drove along a road for part of the journey across Malaysia.

Because there have been so many differing reports on the altitudes, I don't believe any of them. I don't even believe the 45,000 one anymore. So all of the hypoxia theories might be moot point if the plane never went that high in the first place. I don't know who all these "sources" are for various newspapers and news organizations, but they have really let down the whole of journalism, IMO. All of these different reports can't be right, so some of them are obviously wrong.

2>Well "sources" said a long time ago that the last person who said it was co-pilot. Then it got changed to, oh wait that's not confirmed. Now they are saying pilot. This is like point #1 - there are differing reports so thus IMO none of them can be believed.

3>this is the only one of the latest "flurry" I believe as it relates to the search which Australians are heading and that's why I believe it.
JMO.

Duncan Steel has calculated ping placement according to five possible speeds. I attached the graphics that correlate with the southern route only.
Then sardakco (in comments) created an overlay using AU's newest map that plots the underwater signals and search area:
http://i.imgur.com/DU2ZYXUl.png
- pretty amazing.

As far as the fluctuating altitudes... Sarah Bajc posted a comment asking Duncan several questions. Despite it being the most difficult comment he said he has had to respond to, for obvious reasons, he provides a thorough and honest response you might find interesting.
http://www.duncansteel.com/archives/647#comments

Here are the graphics showing different speeds (I had trouble attaching)
http://www.duncansteel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Q_2D_1lab.png
http://www.duncansteel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Q_3D_3.png

Attachments

• Q_2D_1lab.png
    Q_2D_1lab.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 21
I am so confused now that this new info has been released that they scrambled jets that morning. Where did they scramble jets to? Does that mean they knew from the first day that the plane went down and where? If so that is huge.

Somebody help me with this please. Thanks.

They may have just been covering up something like a person watching the military radar was asleep at the wheel and figuring better late than never on scrambling jets. Maybe some other things. Something isn't right, but no other country that has access to the inner working of what went on in Malaysia (if any) is going to say anything right now, maybe never. It doesn't neccessarily mean they crashed the plane or whatever. I do believe the Malaysian head honchos would have no qualms about claiming the pilot did it or fudging the results of interviews on his 'voice'.

Not saying one country could not be trying to cover up...just that the overall investigation is not a cover-up.

Why am I feeling like calling BS on everything they are saying!

"Malaysian air force search aircraft were scrambled about 8 a.m."

Huh?

Where were they scrambling to????

Is this scrambling info new? First I have heard of it! Oh, just a last minute thing they 'forgot' to mention'?! With this admission, is it possible that Malaysia shot it down and is behind this whole incident?

And now it's the captain's voice? Four weeks later and no official determination! Why has the USA not been allowed to identify this voice? This is supposing that Malaysia has not permitted us to do it. Why? :banghead:

Is this scrambling info new? First I have heard of it! Oh, just a last minute thing they 'forgot' to mention'?! With this admission, is it possible that Malaysia shot it down and is behind this whole incident?

And now it's the captain's voice? Four weeks later and no official determination! Why has the USA not been allowed to identify this voice? This is supposing that Malaysia has not permitted us to do it. Why? :banghead:

Just saw on CNN that Malaysia is denying jets were scrambled. Saying that report is false. wth :banghead:

Yes, I think it is new. I hadn't heard it before.

I'm not understanding how the communications (supposedly?) up to the last one are the co-pilot, then all of a sudden they are saying the last one is the pilot? How would they know if it was someone else then... without sophisticated voice analysis, I'm not sure how someone who knew the Captain could tell in a few words. It's like asking someone to identify handwriting from a very short grocery list.

I am so confused now that this new info has been released that they scrambled jets that morning. Where did they scramble jets to? Does that mean they knew from the first day that the plane went down and where? If so that is huge.

Somebody help me with this please. Thanks.

per CNN my understanding is that they sent out search and rescue jets MANY HOURS after they lost it on radar. They weren't fighter jets. Seems it DOES mean that they knew it had disappeared, but not necessarily that it had crashed or landed. Apparently they weren't very worried about it until it didn't land in Beijing, which is odd, since they supposedly knew about the diversion, zig-zagging, altitude changes etc! Maybe they ere waiting for the ransom call.........JMO

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mi...rlines-lost-black-box-data-2012-flight-n76786

As the hunt for missing MH370 continues, it has emerged that Malaysia Airlines lost all the black box voice recorder data from a plane after an engine failure forced it to turn back to London’s Heathrow Airport nearly two years ago, a report by British investigators said Thursday.

Shortly after the Boeing 747 took off on August 17, 2012 for Kuala Lumpur, the number two engine failed, findings by the U.K.'s Air Accident Investigation Branch revealed. The crew shut it down and jettisoned fuel before manually landing the aircraft -- with 340 passengers and 22 crew on board -- at Heathrow.

However when investigators examined the cockpit voice recorder (CVR), they found it had “continued to run for some time after the aircraft had landed and as a result all relevant recordings were lost.”

Just saw on CNN that Malaysia is denying jets were scrambled. Saying that report is false. wth :banghead:

LOL, just hang around a few more minutes and that story is likely to change a few more times.:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther