Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Totally random and possibly stupid question*

Is there *any* way data/sim cards from cell phones or laptops could survive after a catastrophic event on land or in water and be analyzed?

I remember the JAL flight where handwritten notes were recovered, but these days if a passenger were able/ had time to write down what was happening on a flight, wouldn't they do it on an electronic device? Could that data be salvaged?

Am I asking a really stupid question? Sorry if it's already been brought up.

It is probable that data could be salvaged depending how intact the device are.

The Japan Airlines crash in 1985 had survivors, but many died from exposure to cold. Had the survivors been rescued, the death toll would of been lower. 1985 is the deadliest year for commercial aviation outside of 2001. August 1985 is the deadliest month outside of September 2001.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123"]Japan Airlines Flight 123 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Yay! Bob Ballard is on CNN's Pierce Morgan talking about missing plane

I do not believe they don't know.
I refuse to.
If a tin foil thingy like project mogul can detect a blast I. The other side of the world back in 1947 certainly there are systems in place and satellites now that can pin point & discern if it exploded in the air.

IMO they're working on a BS cover story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 10:01pm Reuters reports, among other statements, that a senior military officer said...
"It changed course after Kota Bharu and took a lower altitude. It made it into the Malacca Strait," the officer said.

snip...and

A spokesman for the Malaysian prime minister's office said on Wednesday he had not been informed by the military of evidence showing the plane had recrossed the Malay Peninsula to reach the Malacca Strait.

"The people I checked with were not aware of that," the spokesman, Tengku Sariffuddin Tengku Ahmad, told Reuters.

He said all that had been confirmed to him was that military radar suggested it could have turned back from its scheduled flight path and the search of the Malacca Strait was in order to cover all possibilities.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/12/us-malaysiaairlines-flight-idUSBREA2701720140312

Certainly if any family members had been contacted the media would have be all over it. I have not heard of anyone communicating, and honestly do not believe they had time to.

:(

MOO

I agree, And if oxygen fell to unconscious levels, the plane could of still been flying on auto-pilot?

Very sad indeed.

But local newspaper Berita Harian quoted Malaysian air force chief Gen. Rodzali Daud as saying radar at a military base had detected the airliner at 2:40 a.m. on Saturday near Pulau Perak at the northern approach to the strait, a busy waterway that separates the western coast of Malaysia and Indonesia's Sumatra island.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...n-passports-on-malaysia-airlines-flight-were/

CNBCWorld ‏@CNBCWorld 1h
#BREAKING Malaysia air force chief denies saying that missing jet was last detected over Strait of Malacca

https://twitter.com/CNBCWorld

Yes, apparently he was quoted as making that statement.

I'm not necessarily saying they could've communicated when whatever was happening to the plane happened, especially if it was catastrophic. But, when the plane turned around, it seems like someone would've tried to contact someone about that.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I believe all aboard lost consciousness pre crash, still flying normally.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522"]Helios Airways Flight 522 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

"The aircraft continued to climb until it leveled off at FL340, approximately 34,000 feet (10,000 m). Between 09:30 and 09:40, Nicosia ATC repeatedly attempted to contact the aircraft, without success. At 09:37, the aircraft passed from Cyprus (FIR) into Athens FIR, without making contact with Athens ATC.Nineteen attempts to contact the aircraft between 10:12 and 10:50 also met with no response, and at 10:40 the aircraft entered the holding pattern for Athens Airport, at the KEA , still at FL340. It remained in the holding pattern, under control of the auto-pilot, for the next seventy minutes."

Just an FYI I have no idea why but I got tomnod to work by going incognito on chrome.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

I'm not necessarily saying they could've communicated when whatever was happening to the plane happened, especially if it was catastrophic. But, when the plane turned around, it seems like someone would've tried to contact someone about that.

But perhaps not someone in a cockpit (or cabin) under a duress situation (eg. hijacking/hostage). The first thing an experienced hijacker team might do is to instruct that the transponder be turned off. Then to drop altitude (to go under radar) and turn around.

The jet had a full tank, having just taken off 40 minutes earlier for a 6-hr flight to Beijing. I read elsewhere that the 777 could actually fly over twice that long before refueling.

If the plane truly did turn around after Kota Bharu, then my personal opinion at this point is hijacking...though I also believe that hijackers wouldn't much care what happens to their passengers once they get to where they want to go.

But if the turning around and the military radar reading is wrong or a purposeful smokescreen, I believe the other possibility could be some sort of catastrophic explosion/disintegration off the east coast of Malaysia (after that last radar reading). Eight villagers in Marang told authorities they heard a loud noise around that same flight time coming from the direction of Pulau Kapas, an island which is northeasterly from Marang (as is the jet's original flight path). Hard to imagine why they'd all make something like that up. If catastrophic and IF happening at high altitude, it might take a week or more to begin to find any remains (eg. Air France).

We've been given so much contradicting info these past 4 days, this one is one I'm giving up trying to figure out (I get the sense we're either being purposely led down wrong paths, or the gov't is just sadly inept). Just praying for a miracle.

At 10:01pm Reuters reports, among other statements, that a senior military officer said...

snip...and

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/12/us-malaysiaairlines-flight-idUSBREA2701720140312

Wondering if the info that the plane was tracked by the military was an unauthorized leak or a prohibited one? When the word first came out it was said the name was withheld since that person was not authorized to give out the info. "Not authorized" could be taken in more than one way.

Why would the plane be shot down? I don't think Malaysia is a paranoid nation, scared of being invaded at any moment. Or do people think they were doing exercises and it was an accident? I just don't see why they would deliberately shoot down a passenger jet.

ETA: I suppose if they knew the plane was hijacked, and shot it down in fears of it being crashed somewhere...?

Hi all- just joining because this case is fascinating me. I just don't get what is going on at all with this plane just vanishing. All of the contradictory statements- something does not add up. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

It was said on the last thread that the plane was not equipped to allow cell phone usage or something to that nature. I do not fly so I don't know how that works!

Basically, they are not equipped to ping off cell towers/satellites like we do on the ground.

But local newspaper Berita Harian quoted Malaysian air force chief Gen. Rodzali Daud as saying radar at a military base had detected the airliner at 2:40 a.m. on Saturday near Pulau Perak at the northern approach to the strait, a busy waterway that separates the western coast of Malaysia and Indonesia's Sumatra island.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...n-passports-on-malaysia-airlines-flight-were/

CNBCWorld ‏@CNBCWorld 1h
#BREAKING Malaysia air force chief denies saying that missing jet was last detected over Strait of Malacca

https://twitter.com/CNBCWorld

Yes, apparently he was quoted as making that statement.

I think he was the unauthorized source for Reuters. I think he didn't want to be quoted as a named source, and when he was, he denied ever saying what he said.
(My opinion only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member