Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember who was asking why the transponder would be shut off manually, but according to the video i just watched it's common practice to shut it off while on the ground but it's almost never shut off while in the air.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304185104579437573396580350?mod=trending_now_1

My guess as to what happened is it was hijacked and passengers or staff on board were somehow able to crash it into the ocean, hoping to spare the lives of people at the intended target, like what was done on 9/11.

WOW :noooo:

After searching for 6 days, anything is possible at this point.

However, if it was a hijack situation, wouldn't the responsible parties be making videos, bragging?

Not if stealing the plane was only Act 1 in this plan. IMO

Not saying I believe that is what is happening necessarily (not sure what I think now.... )

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

:seeya:

Ok, let's list the theories.

1. Terrorism/hijack
2. Explode midflght
3. Suicidal pilot
4. "Stolen" by secret military op

I just have a spec of hope that MH370 is stranded on an island, and they need to be rescued.

This is going from fiction to non-fiction and back!

5. Hypoxia

while I think all this speculation is great I think we are forgetting over 200 people who are passengers on this plane. Are they just flying along thinking this is great long flight over the Indian Ocean. Are they all passed out, dead. What are the consequences for the passengers? ty

H2O Comms ‏@H2OComms 39m
All above board - @HishammuddinH2O NST page 2 @MOTMalaysia pic.twitter.com/0acZI5XwSR

H2O Comms ‏@H2OComms 42m
Plane did not fly several hours after last contact- @HishammuddinH2O NST page3 pic.twitter.com/lPJNZlpktG

H2O Comms ‏@H2OComms 50m
We will not give up - @HishammuddinH2O NST front page @1MinDef @MOTMalaysia pic.twitter.com/up8vxXalWh

H2O Comms ‏@H2OComms 55m
We will spare nothing in our search efforts-@HishammuddinH2O NST page3 pic.twitter.com/3sGABtQNn4

H2O Comms ‏@H2OComms 57m
Let's see through this difficult time together- @HishammuddinH2O NST page19 @1MinDef @MOTMalaysia pic.twitter.com/bHkr8Rlbgp

https://twitter.com/H2OComms
H2O Comms
@H2OComms
This account is run by YB DS Hishammuddin's Communication Team. Statements from the Minister are signed - @HishammuddinH2O
Putrajaya · facebook.com/HishammuddinH2O

Is Hishammudin saying the White House lied today? "Plane did not fly for several hours after....contact"

Let's not forget Andes flight disaster- Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571.1972 Andes flight disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

True - but that island... hot, arid, no source of food after running out of plane food (other than turtles/birds/fish), no fresh water (after running out of the plane's supply). At least in the Andes they had water (melted snow, if nothing else), and vegetation.

There's just nada on that island to keep anyone alive.

And, I think the airstrip is dirt.

My guess as to what happened is it was hijacked and passengers or staff on board were somehow able to crash it into the ocean, hoping to spare the lives of people at the intended target, like what was done on 9/11.

If they could get into the cockpit and crash it, they would have been able to overpower the hijackers. On 9/11, they weren't trying to crash it to save others - they were trying to take it back and save themselves The hijackers crashed it to avoid being overtaken - it's possible that happened here, but I wonder what the reaction of Malaysian passengers would be to a hijacking.

People didn't fight back on 9/11 because they did not associate hijackings with mass murder. In some places, that could still be true. American passengers now would always respond to a hijacking with violence unless they were threatened with guns most likely. I don't know if that's true everywhere.

Those people used Airphones, not cell phones.

Remember these?

p1020549.12j5jwpkm9ry74kk8g4sswcgw.6fglr3z5nhrc848k0c4cg8gs0.th.jpeg

I'm hoping it landed on Tromelin Island.

Uninhabited except for birds and turtles.
1200 meter landing strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tromelin Island is quite far from Malaysia, but within range for MH370. Of course by than, fuel would be very low.

Is Hishammudin saying the White House lied today? "Plane did not fly for several hours after....contact"

I don't think the White House has confirmed anything.

"White House spokesman Jay Carney didn't go into details when he discussed the search for the plane Thursday, but he said "some new information that's not necessarily conclusive" could lead U.S. searchers to the Indian Ocean." CNN.

I wish we could look where we want: it had me way out in the Gulf of Thailand. I want to look in the Indian Ocean... :tantrum:

re: Tomnod....there is not enough satellite imagery there to carry out an effective crowdsourced search. They cannot capture and process/post the images quickly enough for people to search through. No way to know where you're looking. Recent post on FB page said they had 10 images available to search, but I don't see any way to pick where you want to search. It's a great idea but lacks several key features to make it effective. Just wish there were another place to view current sat images

MOO, JMO, etc.
:moo:

I guess this can still be compatible with a hijacking of some sort, if the plane did not make to the intended destination. I guess that's the main question right now: did they, or did they not?

bbm

If it is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, it could be in the abyss. Talk about finding a needle in a hay stack as it could be anywhere in the Indian Ocean. :maddening: :eek:

I just pray and hope there is a slim chance the passengers of MH370 are alive... somewhere.

BigVgJPCMAEJc1l.jpg:medium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member