Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
By this time tomorrow we will have a sighting. No way we sent assets into the Indian Ocean on a whim.

I think TMZ reported that IF one of the reported flight paths was correct, it would have gone past the tower and so there would be a record. I don't think there's been any confirmation.

Thank You
so I was confusing the information...:blushing:

It would be pretty hard to do that without the person responsible also being incapacitated, unless he or she brought an oxygen mask.

Is the pilot able to cut off oxygen to the passenger cabin but keep oxygen on in the cockpit or do pilots have access to oxygen masks?

Watching the Kelly File on Fox news and her 9 member panel is discussing their theories, etc. They are theorizing that whomever took control of the aircraft, ascended to 45K', shut off all oxygen to passengers, killing them within minutes. Then went back down to 23K' and ultimately landed somewhere. They also stated that the US government is not telling us everything..why else would they send our destroyers to the Indian Ocean....

Listening to the panel members and thinking about what the passengers must have been going through, providing this is was transpired, is heartbreaking to say the least....

bbm

Thanks - I remember now - the name "ValueJet" definitely didn't help the situation, and it went out of business.

That article is kind of vague though - how did the canisters just cause the fire? It says there was no spark - wouldn't there have to be one?

There are still other articles, including a WikiPedia page dedicated to ValuJet Flight 592. I randomly chose the one I linked as it specifically related to the oxygen canisters. There may be others with more detail.

:)

Being that this flight appears to have flown for a few hours after it's last communication, it definitely appears more likely that it was a deliberate attempt to hijack the aircraft, in my opinion. Any type of explosive device or equipment malfunction (other than a sudden loss of cabin pressure causing hypoxia) seem unlikely, at this point.

MOO

I think it's just a coincidence or mistake due to the spelling of his name !!
I've seen the passenger's name spelt different on various sites.

One spelling is the same as the Uyghur journalist sentenced to life*

*Here's a link :

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/25/world/asia/25uighur.html?_r=0

Thank you, Little Jedi...:seeya:

the last name of the journalist sentenced to life...is similar to the last name of the assistant professor on the plane... But they are not the same...

and the first names are different...

JMO

Australia?!??!?! :eek:hoh:
____

The last satellite transmission from a Malaysian airliner missing for a week has been traced to the Indian Ocean off Australia, far from where searches have taken place, according to a person familiar with the analysis.

A path from Malaysia to the ocean off Australia would have taken as much as 3,000 miles, about the maximum distance the Boeing Co. 777-200 could have flown with its fuel load.

Flight 370 may have flown beyond its last known position about 1,000 miles west of Perth, and that location may not be an indication of where the plane ended up, said the person, who spoke on condition of not being named because of the sensitivity of the information.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...-malaysian-air-jet-as-u-dot-s-dot-sees-piracy

Wow.
Either NO ONE knows where this plane could have possibly gone and they're just searching random areas of ocean or the satellite transmissions are all out of whack.
One moment the plane is tracked to the Indian Ocean by the Andaman Islands, and the next it's tracked to Australia?!

FWIW, I don't think it went south of the equator.

"is it possible that another country or terrorist group hijacked the plane in some self-sacrificing plan/test to determine if they could successfully carry out some type of sneak attack on another country without being detected in the future? "

This article outlines that exact scenario:

Flight 370 passengers may still be alive; 'pirated' Boeing 777 may return to skies as stealth nuclear weapon
http://www.naturalnews.com/044307_Flight_370_passengers_alive_air_piracy.html#ixzz2vzgjfvmX

Does anyone know if Tomnod has updated so that you can search the new target areas?
The site is not easy to navigate (to a newb like me), I am trying to figure it out.
Yes! According to their twitter...they have new areas to scan. You can also check out their facebook page for info.

Is there any possible way for MH370 to be like the scenario in that article?
I believe everyone is dead, but a small part of me holds onto the hope that they are just being held hostage somewhere.

:please:

Demands by those hijackers were immediate. The plane was commandeered by terrorists shortly after takeoff from Athens.

It has now been a week in this case and no one has any idea where this plane is. The only thing that does come to mind is a situation that was planned to be similar to Flight 847 however went tragically wrong ending with the aircraft in the Indian Ocean. Skepticism also remains regarding the two with the stolen passports, in my opinion.

MOO

Australia?!??!?! :eek:hoh:
____

The last satellite transmission from a Malaysian airliner missing for a week has been traced to the Indian Ocean off Australia, far from where searches have taken place, according to a person familiar with the analysis.

A path from Malaysia to the ocean off Australia would have taken as much as 3,000 miles, about the maximum distance the Boeing Co. 777-200 could have flown with its fuel load.

Flight 370 may have flown beyond its last known position about 1,000 miles west of Perth, and that location may not be an indication of where the plane ended up, said the person, who spoke on condition of not being named because of the sensitivity of the information.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...-malaysian-air-jet-as-u-dot-s-dot-sees-piracy

:doh:

bbm
At that point (according to the article), it would have reached it's max distance and then what..ran out of fuel and crashed into the ocean??
Have the Malaysians asked the Australian government for help searching the waters off their coast? Though I believe the Australian gov't would send out ships and planes regardless...

And we have the US Navy in the Indian Ocean...
The USS Kidd was sent from the Gulf of Thailand to the Strait of Malacca and they have added the aircraft P-8A Poseidon and had previously deployed a P-3C Orion

There are still other articles, including a WikiPedia page dedicated to ValuJet Flight 592. I randomly chose the one I linked as it specifically related to the oxygen canisters. There may be others with more detail.

:)

Being that this flight appears to have flown for a few hours after it's last communication, it definitely appears more likely that it was a deliberate attempt to hijack the aircraft, in my opinion. Any type of explosive device or equipment malfunction (other than a sudden loss of cabin pressure causing hypoxia) seem unlikely, at this point.

MOO

Thank you - should have looked myself.

"
Chemical oxygen generators, when activated, produce oxygen. As a byproduct of the exothermic chemical reaction, they also produce a great quantity of heat. These two together were sufficient not only to start an accidental fire, but also to produce enough oxygen to keep the fire burning. The fire risk was made much worse by the presence of combustible aircraft wheels in the hold. Two main tires and wheels and a nose tire and wheel were also included in the COMAT. NTSB investigators theorized that when the plane experienced a slight jolt while taxiing on the runway, an oxygen generator activated, producing oxygen and heat. Laboratory testing showed that canisters of the same type could heat nearby materials up to 500 °F (260 °C), enough to ignite a smouldering fire. The oxygen from the generators fed the resulting fire in the cargo hold without any need for outside air, defeating the airtight fire suppression design."

Still not quite sure how the canisters caused the fire, given they are supposed to be used by humans so it can't be the reaction alone - I guess maybe because no one was inhaling the generated oxygen so it built up?

Anderson Cooper:
3 new pieces of info:

The left turn toward the West
Climbing and Descending erratically
The presence of 2 key individuals who could work in conjunction to disable key systems on the plane.

Again, nothing new. Just a recap.

I saw his show tonight also. It was very interesting. That pilot forgot his name, said he thinks there had to be at least 3 men involved, and thinks the pilot was kept alive to land the plane, if they landed.

New thread is open:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238022"]Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Be sure to read the guidelines for posting... :findinglink:

This thread will close in 10 minutes... :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members