Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a difficult time accepting that someone who is, by accounts, outraged about the unfair treatment of the opposition party's leader would harm or kill over 200 innocent people in protest. I just doesn't jive. However I'm also not feeling like this is terrorism. I guess I don't know what I think and just felt the need to share that lack of thought with the rest of you.

I feel it crashed somewhere, for whatever reason. Electrical, mechanical, crap sucked into an engine, body of plane not secure (had that happen on a flight, OMG, thank goodness they knew from last few minutes of previous 777 to next load up and it made it, no one died, but all could have. They tried to drill on parts once all of us loaded, made us sit, then leave and wait for alternate flights. Flying is not all that grand, so stop trying to convince me, lol.)

I do think terrorism is possible, IF it landed on ground, for terrorist gain.

I really don't hold hope that it landed.

I still think the flame burst reported from oil rig is possible and it is gone.

I, personally, think there is next to no chance that the Iranian who confirmed he was permanently emigrating from Iran on facebook and whose mother called LE as soon as she heard the plane was missing is a terrorist.

It's so sad, he was certain he was safe, and then this happened.

This is the strangest event I think I have seen in my lifetime. I hope there will be a resolution soon.

Again... "inside job" thoughts come to mind, and not the Captain/FO.

well, you're not the only one:

Kuala Lumpur-based crew and ground staff told the Herald that some of their colleagues who were linked to the flight or were friends of the pilots were also being questioned.

"From the questions the police were asking, it's as if they think it's an inside job," said one staffer.

She revealed some of those questioned had worked on Kuala Lumpur-Auckland flights, and serviced planes used for the route.

Source: www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11220825

8 days, 8 threads, 8000 posts (ish)

Who'd have thought we'd still be here now. Madness.

I know, this has been surreal from the very start and I was SURE the plane would be found by now

It is possible. Some functions can be shut down and not respond.

Computer codes can be altered by simply changing one digit and gaining control of anything computer operated.

People have hacked autos.

So is the theory that the plane was messed with ahead of time to do this at a certain point? I don't see how they'd do it while it was in the air. And even ahead of time, this seems pretty far-fetched given how much went awry. It did more than just shut a few things off - it would have presumably driven the plane, unless the idea is the hijackers came on after things had been disabled, but that just seems like an unnecessary step. The hard part is getting control, not adjusting the controls.

I'm having a difficult time accepting that someone who is, by accounts, outraged about the unfair treatment of the opposition party's leader would harm or kill over 200 innocent people in protest. I just doesn't jive. However I'm also not feeling like this is terrorism. I guess I don't know what I think and just felt the need to share that lack of thought with the rest of you.

I don't think it's terrorism either. I 100% believe the plane was hijacked, but that doesn't mean it was a terrorism thing.

So is the theory that the plane was messed with ahead of time to do this at a certain point? I don't see how they'd do it while it was in the air. And even ahead of time, this seems pretty far-fetched given how much went awry. It did more than just shut a few things off - it would have presumably driven the plane, unless the idea is the hijackers came on after things had been disabled, but that just seems like an unnecessary step. The hard part is getting control, not adjusting the controls.

Who knows??!!

It is a theory, and it is completely possible, and very simple for those that have nothing better to do than study such things every day, all day.

Most likely it crashed.

The plane isn't connected to anything via a network, though, is it? Obviously it has radio and GPS connections, but can that be hacked for purposes of control? If we did as some people wanted and made a lot of the controls beyond the pilot's reach and under the control of authorities (transponder etc.), then we would open ourselves up to such a thing, but is that true now?

I 'think' to hack into an aircraft transponder/communication/electrical 'network' by 'cellphone' is feasible but as someone mentioned earlier a transmitter or 'router' would have to be on board already either via a passengers or crew's laptop, tablet, cell phone etc.

I don't know what makes Ms. Schaivo think they've already verified the voice....with the way the Malaysians are operating, it could be late April before they get around to it.

I agree with those you say the "All right, good night" has no real significance. Of course after the fact we know that it was said just before the transponder was turned off and maybe not by either of the pilots, but on an ordinary flight I think it's not unusual at all.

The Transponder was turned off Before the "All right, good night" making it sound a bit more ominous

Trying to quote from the last thread.

Hmm. Interesting. I wonder, then, why the original information wasn't refuted immediately, and why MSM has continued to report it.

I believe the Boeing 777 was pushed to the max, but did not explode as "designed" from extreme the altitude ups/downs.

Someone highly skilled was able to pull this off. This is not an easy task.

It would like driving 120 MPH on a curvy, hilly road for us, one would need alot of practice. all moo

It's just not making sense, I agree with you about the pilot. I can understand him being upset but to take to this is not adding up to me. The other thing is that to me he would have crashed it into something/place to make his opinion known. Why fly the plane to nowhere?

What I was suggesting is that there was no need for hijackers on board, if something is pre-programmed or remote controlled. A range of people have access to the planes in maintenance, inspection, calibration and all manner of things I'd have no idea about. People who are plotting things look for this access, and act when ready.

I feel it crashed somewhere, for whatever reason. Electrical, mechanical, crap sucked into an engine, body of plane not secure (had that happen on a flight, OMG, thank goodness they knew from last few minutes of previous 777 to next load up and it made it. They tried to drill on parts once all of us loaded, made us sit, then leave and wait for alternate flights. Flying is not all that grand, so stop trying to convince me, lol.)

I do think terrorism is possible, IF it landed on ground, for terrorist gain.

I really don't hold hope that it landed.

I still think the flame burst reported from oil rig is possible and it is gone.
What makes you think the oil rig sighting is possible when radar shows that the plane was long out of the area where the oil rig guy could have seen it and still being picked up by radar hours afterward? Do you distrust the satellite and radar data?

No, nothing official has been released.
Can passenger jets carry hazardous material or is that only to be carried on cargo planes? And I would think that IF there were any hazardous materials on board, it would have been detected at security.

But wait...the cargo x-ray machine was down for MH370. So nothing would have been detected anyways.

Quite a few sources have suggested that investigators inspected the cargo list and found nothing to be of concern, but nothing officially released as you say.

Supposedly from a seniour police official with knowledge of the investigation:
"A study of the flight's cargo manifest showed there were no dangerous materials on board that concerned investigators".
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/16/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

My research is starting to scare me!

"Running amok" is used to refer to the behavior of someone who, in the grip of strong emotion, obtains a weapon and begins attacking people indiscriminately, often with multiple fatalities.[13] An episode of amok may be triggered by a period of depression or highly aggressive behavior. The slang term going postal is similar in scope. Police describe such an event as a killing spree. If the individual is seeking death an alternate method is often suicide by cop.

Amok is often described as a culture-bound (or culture-specific) syndrome,[14][15] which is a psychological condition whose manifestation is strongly shaped by cultural factors. Other reported culture-bound syndromes are latah and koro. Amok is also sometimes considered one of the subcategories of dissociative disorders (cross-cultural variant)."

"Amok originated from the Indonesian word mengamuk, which when roughly defined means “to make a furious and desperate charge”.[5] According to Indonesian culture, amok was rooted in a deep spiritual belief.[6] They believed that amok was caused by the hantu belian,[7] which was an evil tiger spirit that entered one’s body and caused the heinous act. As a result of the belief, those in Indonesian culture tolerated amok and dealt with the after effects with no ill will towards the assailant.[8]

Although commonly used in a colloquial and less-violent sense, the phrase is particularly associated with a specific sociopathic culture-bound syndrome in Malaysian culture. In a typical case of running amok, an individual (often male), having shown no previous sign of anger or any inclination to violence, will acquire a weapon (traditionally a sword or dagger, but presently any of a variety of weapons) and in a sudden frenzy, will attempt to kill or seriously injure anyone he encounters and himself.[9] Amok typically takes place in a well populated or crowded area. Amok episodes of this kind normally end with the attacker being killed by bystanders or committing suicide, eliciting theories that amok may be a form of intentional suicide in cultures where suicide is heavily stigmatized.[10] Those who do not commit suicide and are not killed typically lose consciousness, and upon regaining consciousness, claim amnesia.

A widely accepted explanation links amok with male honor (amok by women is virtually unknown).[12] Running amok would thus be both a way of escaping the world (since perpetrators were normally killed) and re-establishing one's reputation as a man to be feared and respected. Some observers[who?] have related this explanation to Islam's ban on suicide, which, it is suggested, drove Indonesian men to create circumstances in which others would kill them.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_amok"]Running amok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Has Malaysia released a list or anything concerning what was on the plane? I have been wondering and heard people mention on the news it may have carried cargo besides just luggage and the passengers belongings, but I wasn't sure if that was just speculation or not.

At this point, anything is possible including KL ground crew.

Who knows what could have been loaded in cargo. Food and supplies for a 777 to live off the grid for awhile? :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member