Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Roberts ‏@nycjim 1h

Malaysia officials say last words from #MH370 came from co-pilot. What that means is anyone’s guess. http://reut.rs/1gtWK4u

And by the time I get back from losing my $$$ at Keno and doing an Irisha jig later at the bar :toast: :lepsmilie:, they will be:back: Seriously, how can you trust corrupt?

Hey, Murderer Scott Peterson, How's the 1st day of your 9th yr. going for ya? Irish you a miserable life on DR:jail:

IMHO -- the Stimulator is the Key!

Who has one of these at home?

(off topic but...) In the 9/11 event, the men were taking Pilot lessons right under everyone nose. They went undetected for that. So this Home Stimulator means something...practice makes perfect for many flight conditions!!

Terrorism always seem to be things of a drastic (weird ) nature that you would not ever expect to happen -- but in a Movie. This is just too weird to happen naturally. It is a calculated act (MOO)

Too weird to be natural. Big Planes just do not vanish off the face of the earth without any salvage?? IMHO....100% terrorism, and that is just MY point of view.

MOO

On the other hand, we've had more than one pilot in other threads state that it's not that weird for pilots to have a simulator. The captain certainly seemed to have plenty of money to afford his setup and descriptions of him as someone who really loved his job and was essentially a flight nerd meshes with having one...

Jon Ostrower ‏@jonostrower 2h

Gentle note: Capt. Shah, like all airline pilots, have access to full motion, exact replica sims as a normal course of their work. #MH370

(BBM)

My son is a computer geek--always has been. He is in full-time IT work today and what does he do in his spare time? Builds computers, plays on computers. Tech nerds live, eat, breathe this stuff and marvel that people pay them to engage in their obsession. ;)

Lots of pilots do...one who posts here posted pictures of the one he has at home it looked amazing.

Sure, some may....but when a Pilot HAS one at home and was flying a plane that has now been missing for a week....I take that very seriously to other Motives.

Just MOO, as how I currently feel right now. Until any other news and stuff found, that is how I feel now. Planes (and all the people) do not disappear without a trace (total trace of anything) in the 21st century.

Just me thinking out loud.....MOO :moo:

4025mr7.gif

whoops type-O

Not Stimulator --- I MEAN ----> SIMULATOR

I will shut up now....and Drink My coffee and wake my fingers up....LOL
coffeebath.gif

On the other hand, here's an awesomely intricate hijack theory cited as plausible by the Daily Telegraph (12:42 liveblog entry):

After looking at all the details, it is my opinion that MH370 snuck out of the Bay of Bengal using SIA68 as the perfect cover. It entered radar coverage already in the radar shadow of the other 777, stayed there throughout coverage, and then exited SIA68’s shadow and then most likely landed in one of several land locations north of India and Afghanistan.

The genius part of the theory is that MH370, theoretically, could use its TCAS to locate, approach and shadow another Central Asia-bound jet without being seen by either the jet it was following OR ground radar. Probably not true, but scary stuff.

Sure, some may....but when a Pilot HAS one at home and was flying a plane that has now been missing for a week....I take that very seriously to other Motives.

Just MOO, as how I currently feel right now. Until any other news and stuff found, that is how I feel now. Planes (and all the people) do not disappear without a trace (total trace of anything) in the 21st century.

Just me thinking out loud.....MOO :moo:

4025mr7.gif

They didn't in the 20th century; the 21st century is in its early stages, yet. It's not beyond the realm... (JMO)

ETA: luvvv your lil coffee cup guy in post 46. Don't let him shut up; he's much-needed, intermittent comic relief in these never-ending threads about this tragedy.

The co-pilot working the radio and the pilot flying the plane would not be an unusual thing. So, even if it was the co-pilot who said, "All right, good night," that wouldn't be cause for alarm.

Jon Ostrower ‏@jonostrower 2h

Gentle note: Capt. Shah, like all airline pilots, have access to full motion, exact replica sims as a normal course of their work. #MH370

Oh, I agree...

".....have access to full motion exact replica...."

But building one at home is a bit different.

Sure Gamers and stuff build things at home too ---- but I just have a GUT feeling myself on this pilots home made one.

That is why it is MOO, and why everyone is entitled to their own opinion. May not be what turns out.....but just me thinking out loud

:moo::moo:

I'm not putting too much stake in that. Malaysia may say it was the pilot tomorrow. Next week it could be the head steward.

And the week after a passenger came forward to say good night...........

but.............the goodnight has no signifigence at all .... its the handoff.....nothing more

Random pulls of hand offs:

18:38:00 Pilot: Good evening, Surat Thani Tower. THA 261 Intermediate Fix RWY 22.
ATC: Good evening, THA 261. Report Final Approach Fix QNH 1009.

Pilot: Thank you very much 261 ... FAF RWY22.

10:16:02 - Colgan 3407 contact tower (unintelligible). Have a good night.

1408:12 LC american sixteen eighty three fly the breezy point climb contact new york departure good day

AA11: Boston Center, good morning American 11 with you passing through one niner zero for two three zero.

Unidentified: Good day, [unreadable]403.
*break*

GND: Thank you very much.

AFR008: Ground, good evening, Air France 008, Hotel, short of Alpha.

JBU707: Kennedy Ground, good evening, JBU707. We've got Hotel and we're holding short of Hotel-Alpha.

its just human interaction indicating the beginning of an engagement or wrapping an interaction up and is allowed in (VERY QUICK!) being cordial

Confusion or ineptitude? That is the question.

Just makes it more frustrating - how can anything be relied upon? Every day we spend pages and pages analyzing clues or bits of information - the next morning we wake up - come here or read elsewhere and SURPRISE, SURPRISE - the M. Government has changed its story.

So now the conclusion that it was the Captain - (if I'm not mistaken - even Ms. Hersman from U.S. stated that his voice had presumably been verified) - is retracted and it was the co-pilot???? Are they even sure of that??? Did a voice expert check on this? :banghead:

And the week after a passenger came forward to say good night...........

but.............the goodnight has no signifigence at all .... its the handoff.....nothing more

like any of us when we say goodbye to another person:

have a good one
take care
see ya
love ya
be good
etc etc etc

means nothing when saying goodbye to one group of controllers

same can be said when the new tower "takes" them
good morning ...
evening
whatever

its just human interaction indicating the beginning of an engagement or wrapping an interaction up and is allowed in (VERY QUICK!) being cordial

It matters who said if the timing is after any of the comm systems were turned off.

me neither, I thought I was very much leaning to one thing and now I'm back to having no clue!

YUP...........I still think that it originated in the cockpit, but I find it hard to believe that the pilots were in cahoots, so whoever it was would have had to incapacitate the other.

The co-pilot working the radio and the pilot flying the plane would not be an unusual thing. So, even if it was the co-pilot who said, "All right, good night," that wouldn't be cause for alarm.

This is a problem however…..

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...om-cockpit-may-be-clue-to-jets-disappearance?

"The informal hand-off went against standard radio procedures, which would have called for the speaker to read back instructions for contacting the next control centre and include the aircraft's call sign, said Hugh Dibley, a former British Airways pilot and a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...om-cockpit-may-be-clue-to-jets-disappearance?

"The informal hand-off went against standard radio procedures, which would have called for the speaker to read back instructions for contacting the next control centre and include the aircraft's call sign, said Hugh Dibley, a former British Airways pilot and a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society."

The British are a lot more formal than everyone else in the world. American experts on CNN state that informal pleasantries are perfectly normal.

Right but we've heard from pilots here (and I've heard on various MSM news reports on TV) that it's pretty normal for pilots not to follow that protocol to the letter. More casual conversation isn't necessarily abnormal, even if it's against the standard procedures.

I guess all I can say with certainty is a plane has vanished with 239 aboard :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname