Man hasn't slept in 33 years

I think taking 1/2 of each of the Ambiens may be worth a try. I'll have to try and figure out how to half the Ambien CR though - they're small and fat, so may be hard.

Christine, I'm not much of a drinker. I don't like feeling hung over. Probably not too good for the liver either!! :)

Jeana (DP) said:
I think taking 1/2 of each of the Ambiens may be worth a try. I'll have to try and figure out how to half the Ambien CR though - they're small and fat, so may be hard.

Christine, I'm not much of a drinker. I don't like feeling hung over. Probably not too good for the liver either!! :)
First, you should be SURE it's a pill that you can 1/2, some pills you should not...you can look that up on something like webmd...they do have pill 1/2er thingys you can buy that makes it easy to cut any size pill in 1/2, but first, be sure you can do it with those particular meds.

Ahhh, but is has been proven that booze may help to put you asleep, but it does not help you stay asleep. It actually disrupts the sleep pattern......

Please be careful when 1/2 pills, it has to be pretty exact or you end up with a big 1/2 and a small 1/2 and that is not the correct amount.

What about exercise, it has been "strongly debated" that it does help you go asleep and stay asleep longer.

There are studies to back this up.

Increased use of sleeping pills are "suspected" to a link in increased mortality.

www.physsportsmed

exercise in bright outdoor light if possible.
experiment with exercise at different times of the day in order to find a convenient time; late-night exercise does not necessarily disrupt sleep.
whether you are fit or unfit, try exercise to enhance sleep, since level of fitness does not determine the effects of exercise on sleep.
exercise duration is more important than intensity. Thirty minutes of moderate exercise most days is the standard recommendation for general health, and sleep time seems to increase when exercise continues an hour or longer.
Just trying to be helpful.................

I don't think I want to talk to ya'll any more. :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I'm more worried about dying of insomnia or road rage than I am anything else. :D

CyberLaw said:
Ahhh, but is has been proven that booze may help to put you asleep, but it does not help you stay asleep. It actually disrupts the sleep pattern......

Ahh, I didn't now that Cyber, thanks for the info!

I don't think you are suppose to 1/2 time release pills. The coating on the outside is responsible for how the medication is released. I'd check with the doc before trying

Jeana (DP) said:

You can't half a controlled release medicine or you lost the controlled release, lol. My doc gave me 2 strengths, a half strength and a full strength, so that was what I had in mind. They should have a low dose, like 6mg iirc, that you can use of each.

czechmate7 said:
I don't think you are suppose to 1/2 time release pills. The coating on the outside is responsible for how the medication is released. I'd check with the doc before trying

I think you're right!! I'm just gonna stick with my current plan!!! :) That Oxycodone thing comes to mind and I'm not willing to "sleep permantly." :)

I just checked, the half dose pill they gave me was 6.25mg and the full dose is 12.5mg. So if you took a 6.25mg dose of each kind, you'd be set, maybe. :cool: And you wouldn't lose the CR obviously, lol.

The "regular" Ambien comes in 5mg and 10mg and I've got the 10 mg and the Ambien CR, which as you said is 12.5mg. I think I'll just get the 10 mg refilled next time and not bother with the CR.

What's weird is that they say it works "quick" and to take it right before bed, but it doesn't work that way on me. I've got to take it at least an hour before I go to bed.

Maybe I'm just weird! :doh:

Speaking of melatonin in urine... have you tried melatonin itself? A friend suggested I try it a few years ago - you can buy it in capsules. It seemed to work fine for me at the time and had less of an after effect the next day than other medications I'd tried.

Fortunately I don't have much trouble getting to sleep anymore as I've found a different aid (which you might also care to try) since I began my crystal store online. The only side effect of my new method is that when I do wake up after 7 hours, I can't fall sleep again! Never had that before heh - I used to never be able to crawl out of bed once I'd been sleeping.

I use a howlite tumbled stone in my pillow as it aids with curing insomnia. Since I've put that stone there after programming and dedicating it, I've fallen asleep fast. That was about 6 months ago. Unlike mediations you don't build up a tolerance. :p Lepidolite also works for insomnia but the howlite was my first try and it worked so I haven't tried the lepidolite for that. You just need to remember to cleanse the stone once every few weeks to keep it in good working order.

Edit: fixed my usual typos

Melatonin doesn't work, but I've got two bottles left over if you want them! :D

I think I just have one of those "systems" where I'm unaffected by "influences." I had to have surgery some years back. The anesthesiologist gave me a shot that he told me would pretty much knock me out until they got the gas on me and prepped me for the surgery. About 30 minutes later they had to redo it because it had no affect. My husband, on the other hand, could probably lick an Ambien and sleep for two days. Its a curse!!!!

Have you tried Tylenol PM?? Ambien really doesn't work for me, but if I take Tylenol PM early enough in the evening I sleep pretty good with not much of a hangover in the morning...

Jeana (DP) said:

Ok, alcohol is out. So, how about sex? It works like a charm for hubby. :rolleyes:

If I take a super hot bath and then lay on the bed to cool off, then I am out like a light! It has something to do with the gradual lowering of the raised body temperature from the bath. HHHhhhmmmmm! I'm getting drowsy just thinking about it.

czechmate7 said:
Have you tried Tylenol PM?? Ambien really doesn't work for me, but if I take Tylenol PM early enough in the evening I sleep pretty good with not much of a hangover in the morning...
If you're gonna do that, you might as well take an OTC sleep aid that has the same ingedient minus the acetomenaphen (sp?) I find they make me groggy the next day.

I still say go for the half dose of regular Ambien and Ambien CR, but I'm not a doctor, I just play one one WS. :crazy:

TheShadow said:
If I take a super hot bath and then lay on the bed to cool off, then I am out like a light! It has something to do with the gradual lowering of the raised body temperature from the bath. HHHhhhmmmmm! I'm getting drowsy just thinking about it.
I need a cool room to sleep, probably for the same reason. Plus I keep a fan on for the "white noise" as well as the cooling effect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back