Marc Klass on CTV

Wudge said:
I get called a lot of things, usually it is not rude.

But I do wonder why posters think they are alllowed to be "rude" (and much much worse) to a family that is afforded a statutory presumption of innocence, yet selected celebrity figures who are not afforded any special statutory protection are deemed to be protected property.

Could it be a slanted and unfair standard?

You're right Wudge. Because I know and respect Marc Klaas I am asking you to stop with the name calling. It's that simple. So yes, I am being biased.

Stop it now please. No more. Deal?

Wudge said:
I get called a lot of things, usually it is not rude.

But I do wonder why posters think they are alllowed to be "rude" (and much much worse) to a family that is afforded a statutory presumption of innocence, yet selected celebrity figures who are not afforded any special statutory protection are deemed to be protected property.

Could it be a slanted and unfair standard?

I think it was explained quite well. Mr. Klass is a personal friend of the forum owner. We wouldn't trash Klass at her dinner table and we aren't to trash him here.

Is that an "unfair standard"? Perhaps. But it's a rather common and traditional one.

If you want a forum where such an "unfair standard" is slanted in favor of the Rameys, I think you know where to find one. (Not that I want you to leave. As I said yesterday, I enjoy and respect your posts. I'm just saying.)

Tricia said:
Guys, I rarely ask you to do something but I am going to ask you a favor now.

You are all wrong about Marc Klaas. He is a good man and a smart man. I would appreciate if in your discussions you don't call him names or trash him.

Buzz, sorry i would have used Wudge's really rude post but I already deleted it.

I am not trying to stop discussion but I can't help but step in when someone I know and respect is being trashed like this. Don't hesitate to disagree with him but don't trash him please.

Thank you.
I can respect this as I dont see any point to making him a bad guy anyhow..and I also want to say that I realize its very easy to be charged about this one way or another and I apologise for any ways I was offensive or unkind the other day..its PMS and that means I have no safety valve.
I will smarten up.

newtv said:
I can respect this as I dont see any point to making him a bad guy anyhow..and I also want to say that I realize its very easy to be charged about this one way or another and I apologise for any ways I was offensive or unkind the other day..its PMS and that means I have no safety valve.
I will smarten up.
teehee newtv..I could use a safety valve.. so where you get those? True Valu Hardware? :crazy:

I don't think it is bashing to say, as a poster did above, that Mr. Klass is "speculating" on this case. I am reasonably sure Mr. Klass would say the same.

Some of us find his thoughts interesting because he has endured a somewhat similar event (the violent death of his daughter), not because we assume he has inside knowledge of the JBR case.

Nova said:
I think it was explained quite well. Mr. Klass is a personal friend of the forum owner. We wouldn't trash Klass at her dinner table and we aren't to trash him here.

Is that an "unfair standard"? Perhaps. But it's a rather common and traditional one.

If you want a forum where such an "unfair standard" is slanted in favor of the Rameys, I think you know where to find one. (Not that I want you to leave. As I said yesterday, I enjoy and respect your posts. I'm just saying.)
there is also no reason to trash him-he makes an amazing contribution to society and thats the most important thing to remmeber about these people..they do good things-no one is perfect or completely unbiased about anything.
I think he does more good than not and thats all we should be remembering-i bet alot fo kids are safer today because of his work-I bet kids have been found when abducted faster because of his work (and others)..

"Dr. Lee is saying the news Karr knew stuff about the condition of JonBenet's body is not surprising because there are books out there with loads of info...as we all know here!!!"

Sure! How much of the store did Thomas give away?

"Ed Gelb (sp) is on now. He's the polygrapher. I don't know. He was hired by the R's...I think if it was an FBI polygrapher, or someone from the police/DA, then I would tend to believe the report. I don't put much weight on what this guy has to say."

Not many people do.

"Well, he should be. He is only going on what he has seen and what he has seen is what the rest of us have seen. The Ramseys have lied and are still lying. He has worked tirelessly since his daughters death, unlike the Ramsey's who did nothing but set up a phony foundation. They never attended the conferences and such for the parents of murdered children, they preferred to go on national tv proclaiming their innocence, calling themselves the victims."

Here, here! Not to mention the way they threw their friends under the bus!

"That's so true. The Ramsey's did nothing but block the investigation and the phoney foundation...well, what can I say. I will believe this guy is guilty when they come up with evidence that places him there. I just think he's a nutball. I hope he's the guy...but I really don't think he is. There's just too much in the past with the R's (things they said and did) that have never been resolved."

That's where I stand right now.

"I'll never forget Nedra's comment..."She was just a little bit molested." Nice comment from grandmama."

yeah, brrrr!

"None of them seemed the least bit bothered by the fact that she'd been molested. I'd want the guy caught and strung up."

Not in the least. "Mrs. Ramsey, Jonbenet had been sexually abused for a long time." "Oh, my God, that's so shocking, next question."

"Why would would the Ramseys have to explain the mention of the $118,000 away, if they didn't write the ransom note??"

it's that they never could, Buzz.

"I guess the D.A. failed to mention your brilliant evidentiary assessment to the Grand Jury that refused to indict the Ramseys for lack of probable cause."

Wudge, the Grand Jury was a farce! Number one, they only met for two hours a day every three or four days at most. That's no way to do it. Nobody's going to retain anything that way. Second, and I've been over this, their stated belief that no parent could do this was naive in the extreme, imo. They admitted they stopped listening when the pictures were shown, no matter how misleading they were. Third, they didn't have all the evidence and tests back by then. It was doomed to fail. Fourth, the GJ would have to decide which parent did what. They couldn't because there's evidence of both being involved. That GJ was doomed to failure, especially since Hunter didn't want to do it.

And for the record, and I know Tricia will support me, if I had a chance, I'd present my case to the DA right now!

"However, Judge Carnes ninety plus page report in April of 2003 largely ended my studies, because it served to exonerate the Ramseys; i.e., as best as a bench report can do."

I'd agree if it hadn't been such a one-sided affair.

"Frankly, Ramsey didits have largely lived off of behavioral suspicions from the get-go."

Not this one!

"As for Karr, he certainly has serious issues. At the very least, I am happy he is off the street. His confession is nice, but it will take strong corroboration to truly free the Ramsey family from their dark cloud that is best known as the "umbrella of suspicion"."

Agree with every word.

"Oh but there is a corresponding evidentiaty foundation Wudge. Plenty of it in fact."

I have to agree. I could list it if the mood hit me.

"john walsh and many law professionals who work in the field think the ramseys had nothing to do with it..ever..and that they were railroaded-what hasnt john walsh seen that klass has??"

Plenty, from what I can gather. Walsh said she'd been hanged, remember?

Nova said:
I don't think it is bashing to say, as a poster did above, that Mr. Klass is "speculating" on this case. I am reasonably sure Mr. Klass would say the same.

Some of us find his thoughts interesting because he has endured a somewhat similar event (the violent death of his daughter), not because we assume he has inside knowledge of the JBR case.
if thats me u are referring to i didnt mean anyone was bashing him to say he was speculating..or whatever u mean- I just mean- there is no reason to bash him for his point of view or his personality- he is still worthy of respect for all he has done for kids.

Tricia said:
Wudge, you have had your say. Please don't push me.

Tricia, it is your website. You are free to do as you like. Personally, I think you and the new team of monitors have done a good job improving it since you took over.

As for this case, Karr may prove to be everything you might wish, but right now he has confessed, and that and his emerging profile greatly favors his guilt, which does not sit well against your position.

As for Klaas, I don't think he is very bright, never have, never will. Nothwithstanding that assessment, he certainly has done some good too. However, his strength is anything but objective evidentiary analyses.

Usually, I get called things far worse than rude. If Klass is your personal friend, I admire you for supporting him. I support my friends too.

(best regards, Wudge)

Pepper said:
I totally agree with you Buzz. Klaas was upset because the Ramseys hired a lawyer.

I think the Ramsey's behavior was quite understandable under the circumstances. The Boulder PD were the Keystone Cops from day 1, and they had the Ramseys tried and convicted. The PD blew all the evidence away by not securing the crime scene, allowing the Ramseys and their friends free reign of the place to compromise whatever evidence was there. Then, in an effort to cover their ineptness, they decided early on that the Ramseys had to be guilty, and they made sure their investigation supported this theory.

The Ramseys did what anyone in their situation, and with their money, would do. They sought the advice of an attorney, who advised them to say nothing, as the BPD could and would use any and all statements to further their position.

I ask, what would YOU do if the PD had targeted you and you KNEW you were innocent? I would hire an attorney. No doubt about it.

NO Way!!! My brother is a lawyer, a darn good one, and if I were in this situation and innocent , there is NO WAY I would lawyer up!!! I'd be volunteering to take a poly and help LE any way I could!!!

JBean said:
teehee newtv..I could use a safety valve.. so where you get those? True Valu Hardware? :crazy:
thot a few of us would get a kick out of that ..i havent found one except a menstrual hut where no one is allowed in and I am not allowed out..lol

Pepper said:
I would love this creep Karr to be the one, but if it isn't him, then there is still some sicko pediphile child killer out there, and it isn't John Ramsey.
I disagree again, because I think John Ramsey is the sicko pedophile who sexually molested-it's called incest and killed his own daughter.:furious:

newtv said:
thot a few of us would get a kick out of that ..i havent found one except a menstrual hut where no one is allowed in and I am not allowed out..lol
LMAO!

packerdog said:
I feel for Mark Klass right now because this sick pedophile has a copy of his daughters death cert. If I were him I would want to go to SQ and punch his lights out. Imagine how you would feel if this pig was interested in your murdered child, enough to get a copy of the death cert.
Well, if it's any consolation, they tossed Richard Davis's cell today searching for correspondence with this whacko. Apparently, they didn't find any...

SuperDave said:
SNIP

"Why would would the Ramseys have to explain the mention of the $118,000 away, if they didn't write the ransom note??"

it's that they never could, Buzz.

SNIP!

Now Super Dave, let me restate what I said; The Ramseys never had to explain the mention of the $118,000, because why should they have to explain it. They didn't write the ransom note. Ask the person who wrote the ransom note to explain the mention of $118,000.

I believe John Ramsey is a victim. He lost a daughter in 1992, another daughter in 1996, and his wife in 2006. He has been under an umbrella of suspicion for the past 10 years, and I sincerely hope that this case is solved and he is vindicated. I believe he is deserving of the same respect and no trash rule as all the other victims of crime on this forum - Mark Lundsford comes to mind.

Pepper said:
I believe John Ramsey is a victim. He lost a daughter in 1992, another daughter in 1996, and his wife in 2006. He has been under an umbrella of suspicion for the past 10 years, and I sincerely hope that this case is solved and he is vindicated. I believe he is deserving of the same respect and no trash rule as all the other victims of crime on this forum - Mark Lundsford comes to mind.
JB is the victim, NOT John. He was never cleared from suspicion. The family is always looked at first because 75% of the time they are guilty. I heard that statistic on a news magazine last night. I would love to believe that no father would do such things to their daughter, but I'm not naive. His past losses are irrelevant to his guilt, so is Patsy's having cancer. A criminal is still a criminal even if they die of cancer.

Pepper said:

Well said Pepper

Nova said:
True, Nova. He is in a position to know how an innocent parent behaves when their child is murdered, which makes his opinion particularly insightful in the Ramsey case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back