Maria Lauterbach

:furious: Passing judgement on Maria's mother isn't what this discussion is supposed to be about. It's about sleuthing not dissing the poor women. It's not our place to judge her, or how she handled her daughter's funeral etc., Let it rest. The last time I checked, there's only ONE JUDGE of all of us. It's no one's business other than her family's, how anything relating to Maria was handled. JMHO

Thank you Soobs.:blowkiss:
:furious: Passing judgement on Maria's mother isn't what this discussion is supposed to be about. It's about sleuthing not dissing the poor women. It's not our place to judge her, or how she handled her daughter's funeral etc., Let it rest. The last time I checked, there's only ONE JUDGE of all of us. It's no one's business other than her family's, how anything relating to Maria was handled. JMHO

I don't feel badly about stating my opinion on such things. People do things for a reason and we are here to discuss the reasons. The mother is a victim in all of this, however, her very own disparaging statements of Maria did put her in this discussion to begin with. For us to discuss her motives for saying such things or the way she has handled this case from the beginning, as far as I am concerned, is fair.

Do I feel badly she lost her daughter and grandchild? Of course. It is horrible.

Do I feel like she should not have told people her daughter was a compulsive liar when she went missing? You betcha!!

Do I feel like we should be able to discuss the reasoning behind her comments and actions? Absolutely...if we are to understand what Maria was dealing with from the homefront as well as the Marine Corp. during her pregnancy and her rape case.

Her mother did not report her as being a pathalogical lier. The police detective in the sherriff's office wrote that on the report and it was seen that way by the media.

http://www.wdtn.com/Global/SearchResults.asp?RecordNum=11&vendor=wss&qu=maria+lauterbach

Maria Lauterbach's Mother on the Today Show

Her mother explains why she reported a history of lying as it had affected Maria's credablity in the rape case. I am not trying to defend her mother. I think Nancy Grace blamed her mother for calling her a pathalocial lier and said that caused a delay in the search for her. That report by the sherrif's department was not even filed until after Maria was dead and buried and had been missing for how many weeks with no action by the Sheriff's department because they were never notified by the USMC. My understanding is that nothing was taken seriously in North Carolina to locate her and they had considered heruntil the CNN afiliate in Ohio ran the story on Wednesday and it hit CNN. Then they found her by Friday. From the blogs on the Web site by her sister to find her people from Jacksonville and from Camp LeJune said it was not on the news down there until it hit CNN on that Wednesday.

:waitasec:

Antlers are red, green, blue, etc. from all the different vibes here.

I would have never thought that a mother burying her daughter and grandchild would have caused so much friction on right or wrong.

Where do I start?? Lets' start with Kool Look, that one is easy!

Go bug littledeer, she'll do it for ya. :eek: She's always on a mission.

:blowkiss: I'm on a mission???? I thought it was foraging? Okay, who needs help?? And what can I do? Thanks Kool Look for offering my services. stomping.

Everyone else.......

As I said, Mary had/has the right on how the burial proceedings should be for Maria and her grandchild. Personally, I don't think anyone should have anything to say about that, but "Go in Peace Maria and Gabriel".

As far as SS, I also have to agree that what is known as FACT that transpired between Maria and her mother before her death, is very important. IMO, what was said between the two could have very likely been the catalyst for everything that happened afterwards.

AND I DO NOT MEAN TO SAY THAT MOM SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!!

If nothing else, maybe we should all think what we say before we say it. You never know how it can affect the person that you are saying it to.

Still looking for the link of the video that reported CL confronted Maria on base before the murder and called her a b@#ch. I haven't found it yet but I know I have seen it or read it. DavenJ asked for it. Still looking for it.

I think someone already helped Dave earlier to day with his questions, darling. Your always good at digging up information and I knew you were a good souce to direct him to.

We have pretty much figured out Maria got all that money the last day she was alive from atm, which was not long after her conversation with her mother, what besides what Durham has expressed could have been said to her for her to do so drastic things as get that much money out?

I feel like Mary may have said something that changed the whole course of Maria's mindset and what she did thereafter. Things just aren't adding up.

If my daughter was 8 months pregnant, raped twice she wouldn't be out searching for an unmarried man to harbor her, I would have found her a place to be safe, I wouldn't have been able to live with myself had I not. Restaining orders, allegations, Maria's due date, health and safety, and she had to go live with almost a complete stranger? :mad:

She had no one but Durham, geez why didn't they fall in love and live happily ever after?

Not sure there is a video of Maria's Mother stating that Christina confronted Maria and called her a b**ch????

I thought it was just a statement that Mary made and was reported in a news article?

However, I will take a look around and see if I can find something. (Not a mission KL!) :):)

Thanks for looking for me.It's cool.I was just wondering wether or not the confrontation happened on base or not.It would also prove that Christina did in fact know what Maria looked like and where to find her.Two other things I was wondering.

First.For arguments sake,it's been suggested that Maria and CL were having an affair.Where would they have the affair?Maria was in the baracks until about a month before her death.CL lived in town.I really doubt they hung out in her barracks room.People would be talking about that instantly.On the flip side,she sure didn't go and hang out at his house.People would have noticed that right away as well.Going out into town is an option,but then CL has to find an excuse(s) to go out away from the family quite frequently.I know when we would hang out in Jacksonville,ya couldn't swing a dead cat without seeing someone ya knew from base,so that would be risky at best.I believe there was no affair.

Second.My son is only four.Not old enough to be away from home or be a father yet.I do know that when he's that age if he's married or has a girfriend and she's 8.5 months pregnant I'd be whereever he was with them.Especially if I had a daughter.I'm not judging Maria's relationship with her mother but wouldn't ya think her mother would have gome down to be wih her for support and to help out after the baby ws born?

I'm not judging Maria's relationship with her mother but wouldn't ya think her mother would have gome down to be wih her for support and to help out after the baby ws born?
At this point we don't know for certain what the plans were regarding the child, adoption or other.

TG:

You can be as tight lipped as the LE sometimes! :)

davenj:

Your question was asking about Marias' mother coming down AFTER the baby was born. Since that couldn't happen, (Maria and baby found dead), there is no way any one of us can say that yes or no, that Mary would have or would have not gone down to help Maria with the baby.

I don't think you were asking about adoption or not which is what TG said in the response that was posted.

Mary talked to Maria on December 14 at 2:30 in the afternoon. Mary was planning on going down to see Maria that Weekend. Mary's birthday was December 19 I believe. They had plans to go out to dinner. Maria sent an e-mail to her father after that 2:30 phone conversation saying how happy she was that her mother was coming down and where they were going for dinner. That was told by Mary to WDTN TV in Dayton on video.

Maria's uncle confirmed that and the Marines confirmed that her father confirmed recieving the e-mail from Maria on December 14 after 2:30. Maria's uncle said Mary was planning to return as soon as Maria went into labor to be there for the delivery. That is on a video on WDTN TV from Friday January 11, in an interview the afternoon the Sherrif announced she was dead.

TG:

You can be as tight lipped as the LE sometimes! :)
LOL, you're right, I can be.

The fact that Mary has said a few things to the Media like mentioning suspecting Maria being Bi-Polar were said by her, and not hearsay.
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHrHZgjx4Aw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHrHZgjx4Aw[/COLO"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia][/FONT]

Mary has minor children at home and it may be if she intended to travel from Ohio to NC it could have been for other reasons other than just a visit. It may have been to make final arrangements for adoption, don't know.

There are many things that haven't been cleared up, and maybe will never be as far what exactly the plans were for the unborn child.

I think we have all said things to others that we shouldn't of said. I can go to thread after thread where we mention something about our children, our spouses, our neighbors, and our bosses, our illnesses, and etc.We are imperfect in an imperfect world. My closet has been cluttered @ times and maybe I shared something I shouldn't of. I've even shared on this board as others about illnesses and illness in my family. I will not condemn Maria's mom even if she shared that her daughter was possible bipolar. I think I understand her as a mom and have made mistakes with my own kids. Is tere anyone here that hasn't opened their mouth when it concerned someone you love? Honestly?

I agree dottie.. Sometimes after hubby and I get into it about something and I am talking to a friend I will say something like 'seriously he needs to get his brain examined because he is nuts!' He really isn't nuts it's just my emotions doing the talking... I wonder how many times my daughter has vented to her friends about how mean I am after I told her NO about something.. But I know she loves me dearly & really don't think that way. (ok well she might lol)

I think we have all said things to others that we shouldn't of said. I can go to thread after thread where we mention something about our children, our spouses, our neighbors, and our bosses, our illnesses, and etc.We are imperfect in an imperfect world. My closet has been cluttered @ times and maybe I shared something I shouldn't of. I've even shared on this board as others about illnesses and illness in my family. I will not condemn Maria's mom even if she shared that her daughter was possible bipolar. I think I understand her as a mom and have made mistakes with my own kids. Is tere anyone here that hasn't opened their mouth when it concerned someone you love? Honestly?

Has anyone seen this myspace account? Someone made threats on the ML memorial page..

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=328292074&blogID=354753249

Sorry if it's been posted already.

Thanks for the heads up.Did you read both pages?Another Marine got on and mentioned that a Sgt. in the one turd's unit saw the page and threats and forwarded it to the Sgt.Maj. of the turd's unit.He was recalled and is now facing a rather large legal problem.Just for the record,all my buddies who are still in that I've talked with recently want to "have a little fun" with CL.The "fun" doesn't consist of beers and cards either.

Thanks for the heads up.Did you read both pages?Another Marine got on and mentioned that a Sgt. in the one turd's unit saw the page and threats and forwarded it to the Sgt.Maj. of the turd's unit.He was recalled and is now facing a rather large legal problem.Just for the record,all my buddies who are still in that I've talked with recently want to "have a little fun" with CL.The "fun" doesn't consist of beers and cards either.

I didn't realize there was second page. Thanks! I just went back and read that one too. Hope they get to the bottom of this!

This is so sad about the myspace threats. We forget who the suspect killer is. Even if she had skeletons( which I'm not saying she did) in her closet no one had the right to take her life. Only the perpatrator is responsible for the 2 deaths of Maria and her baby.

There are several threats going on to women on different sites. There are women who claim to be from camp LeJune who say it is always covered up. There is a thread on one site that was created when she was missing before she was found dead that was supposed to be people from the camp giving info about where she might be and help to find her. They reported another pregnant woman killed at the camp last year that was not reported to media or LE. From what I have read it seems that the women are threatened and beaten if they report attacks or rape. There are also reports of murders at the camp by Marines. I am trying to research these claims. On Myspace, some of those same women are on a site supossedly started by Maria saying their husband held a shotgun to their head and fired. She moved the barrel of the gun and bullet went through base housing. The millitary recommened she stay with him for four years while he abused her. Their claims and other claims on other sites are that that base has a policy to get the women to stay with the men no matter what. Read it for yourself. It is all over MySpace and Facebook. It would explain why CL was not arrested after the rape allegations or even after her disappearance. I cannot find the oline records of Onslow County to verify. There are a few reports in the local newspapers but not the final resolutions of the cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back