Maria Lauterbach

What I meant was the person in the interview said she knew CL(worked with him) for 4 years.

YES YES YES! :clap:

Maria did what a real Marine would have done.She stood up for herself,and she protected Gabriel.She had guts.She enlisted in a time when she knew she could be sent to Iraq or Afghanastain.She made it through boot camp.She stood up and said something when she was raped knowing that there would be a backlash against her.She protected her baby till the end.I believe she was never going to leave the area and was keeping her son.That made CL and his wife crazy.The only one who helped her was her roomate.I just hope Maria and Gabriel find the peace that they never had here in this life.

I'm putting this in this thread because it's about Maria.I honestly believe that she was raped.The girl who got interviewed and said CL is like McGyver said he had no pics of the wife and kids on his desk..but if ya look at the pics posted of him,he's got his ring on.There's no way there was adoubt he was married.

Maria joins the Marines right out of high school coming from a strong Catholic background.There was never any mention of her having a boyfriend,no prom pics,that I know of.My belief is that she was into being a Marine(her tattoo) and sports.I think that Maria wanted nothing to do with him and he was hitting on her.She knew he was married and had no interest in having an affair.He wanted her,she didn't buy into his game.So he raped her,figuring she'd say nothing or it would get swept under the carpet.I also think somewhere down the road we'll find out that he harassed more women than just Maria.He's a predator.

I believe the wife had to have had some part in it all.I've asked a few women I work with and they all agreed.If thier husband was having an affair or raped someone they would know what she looked like,where she worked the whole nine yards.There are so many twists and turns that I doubt we'll ever find out the whole story.When and if CL is caught you just know his story and Christina's will contradict.

Maria's mother said that Christina confronted Maria and called her a bi#$h.

Personally, I think the wife was involved but maybe because she too was afraid of him. I think there was another man involved. I think the plan was to end the pregnancy and the murder was not planned.

I think the mother definately buried them seperatly to prove the point that their were two victims in this crime. She has stated over and over Maria and her child, Maria and her child. She has also stated that Maria was a martry for her baby meaning that she died to give her baby life. If she had not kept the baby, she probably would not have been murdered. There were two caskets because there were two lives. Her mother has set up a foundation for victims and has made this issue very clear to the press. They are also doing follow up stories about women and sexual assults in the military with the local media that had the exculsive interviews with her mother. It looks like her mother plans to expose the military cover up on sexual assults. My guess would also be that there may be additional autopsy requests on either Maria or the baby. Maybe it was important that the DNA of both be seperated.

As was reported:

How does Mary know how Maria would want herself and the babe buried? I want to know, I don't buy this for a minute. I just read about the separate burials. Another attempt to separate Maria from her baby.

There is no way in Hades Mary can justify that statement as reported in this link given. No way. That woman is messed slam up. The baby should have been buried with the mama.

We are complete strangers. How dare we say what Maria's mother did was wrong in burying them in seperate caskets. I believe that their spirits left their body as soon as they died. They are no longer in their shells. Let the mother/grandmother grieve in how she sees fit.

Her mother did not report her as being a pathalogical lier. The police detective in the sherriff's office wrote that on the report and it was seen that way by the media. They spoke daily. Her mother was not forcing her to give the baby up for adoption only discusing it with her since she had been suffering so much from the multiple rapes by the father. She had reported rapes on two occasions by CL.

I have a right to my opinion, and I'm expressing it. Yes, their spirits left there bodies, for the lord says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

This is just another reason why they should have been buried together, as they were in life. Just as they were before man separated them. I know how I spiritually discerned Mary on the two media shots I witnessed on tv, so I'll leave it there, for I don't need to know someone forever to have discernment, a God given gift.

She has her right to grieve as she wills, and she will, and I can honor that. Maria obviously loved the baby, she had given him the name of one of the most powerful Angels in the Bible Gabriel, Joseph being of a significant Biblical reference also. I believe she was looking forward to the birth of her baby. No matter how he came about being, she rose above that, obviously some didn't.

Well not saying that is what the idea was behind it, but if you were trying to make a statement about recognizing that two lives were lost, that was a pretty good way to do it. That silver casket was so small, I've never seen one that little. Just breaks your heart all over again. I was irritated by Mary's comments that were made early in the investigation, but hearing her talk about Maria and seeing the family's grief at the funeral, I would never want to be in her shoes. I think the Marines took her comments as justification for not doing all they could, why else would they have been released to the media?

I know how I spiritually discerned Mary on the two media shots I witnessed on tv, so I'll leave it there, for I don't need to know someone forever to have discernment, a God given gift.

From what I have read of Maria and her family, I can discern that her heart would be broken by hateful words about her mother.

From what I have read of Maria and her family, I can discern that her heart would be broken by hateful words about her mother.

I haven't said hateful words about her mother Steadfast, I commented and am allowed to say I don't agree with how Maria and Gabriel was separated. I've said nothing hateful. Accusing posters of being hateful is a far jump when they just don't agree with something a person does. That's what we do here.

I don't think Maria's mom is messed up slam because the baby was not buried with Maria. I believe she may have been messed up because her daughter and grandaughter were murdered.
Yes, you may have your opinion as we may have ours. I for one have compassion for Maria's mother. I know I have not been the perfect mother ,or my children the perfect child, but I know one thing I love my children as I believe Maria's mother loved her. I believe it's trivial if they were buried in two caskets. Who has it hurt?
If a mother was killed in a car accident with 3 children who would be buried in the casket with the mom?

Can someone here post a link or tell me how Maria had a confrontation with Christina?Christina show up at the base or what?

I personally apologize to anyone who was offended by me using the words (How dare we say) I believe that Maria's mother is a victim and maybe I was too harsh. What I wrote is how I feel but my intent was not to offend anyone. I am not here to argue. That is why I don't go to the Jon Benet thread anymore.
We are complete strangers. How dare we say what Maria's mother did was wrong in burying them in seperate caskets. I believe that their spirits left their body as soon as they died. They are no longer in their shells. Let the mother/grandmother grieve in how she sees fit.

dottierainbow, I understand and am here for the same reasons, and not to argue with any of the members here, cuz I like all of you, except some of my closest peeps who can get on my last nerve every now and then. :crazy:

I have no doubt Mary has been traumatized, for murder is horrible to deal with on top of the loss of a family member. I'm not holding anything against her, I'm just commenting on what I know doesn't appear right.

Dave, it's on several threads, I don't know how to post links or I would, some of the other members here will do it for ya, there very nice. Go bug littledeer, she'll do it for ya. :eek: She's always on a mission. Yes, according to a few reports they did have this confrontation, which is believable and I could understand Christina saying this to Maria, but not while she was pregnant, that's the only problem I have about the confrontation, I just can't see cussin a pregnant woman, especially when they did make the claim of rape, there's that hint of consent in the air even if Caesar said and Christine believed it wasn't so. It was still the elephant in the room between the two during the incident.

dottie, they make real big caskets, I've known of such incidences, though very few, where the children would be buried together for viewing also in larger caskets. Very good point though.

In this particular case, it was just an untried mother and babe who all they had was each other for eight months. The very last phone conversation in which Mary accepted from Maria was contentious according to Durham and Maria was very upset, sooooooooo I'll leave it there.

The evidence of behavior speaks and proves more likely than not Maria would have wanted the baby with her, than not. I just don't see where the statement this is what Maria wanted, give me something, a foundation to stand on.

I saw it on a report on WDTN TV in Dayton, Ohio. It was a video interview with Maria's mother. I don't know if it is still posted or not. It occured on the base. Mary reported that Maria told her about it. Maria's uncle reported to the same TV station that Maria was also punched in the face by an unknow person and that her car had been keyed. Those are some of the incidents that lead up to her moving off base. She was being threatened and physically abused on the base. I will try to find those links. I don't know all of the features this site yet.

I saw it on a report on WDTN TV in Dayton, Ohio. It was a video interview with Maria's mother. I don't know if it is still posted or not. It occured on the base. Mary reported that Maria told her about it. Maria's uncle reported to the same TV station that Maria was also punched in the face by an unknow person and that her car had been keyed. Those are some of the incidents that lead up to her moving off base. She was being threatened and physically abused on the base. I will try to find those links. I don't know all of the features this site yet.

Thanks Dreamer.Appreciate it.

Mother of Slain Marine talks to 2News

http://www.wdtn.com/Global/category.asp?C=99895&nav=menu590_2

Interview from day before the funeral day after the visitation. Friday. Mary says the military did not consider Maria a credible witness to the attack. Announcement of the name of the fund for women.

http://www.wdtn.com/Global/category.asp?C=99895&nav=menu590_2

Maria Lauterbach's Mother Talks to 2News - same link different video on list.

Interview the day of visitation. Maria reported the rape in the spring. She was not seen as credible by the military according to their reports. CL was never arrested. She considers her daughter a martyr for her baby. She will bring meaning to her death. Maria told her she never had a relationship with CL and avoided him. Maria wanted to continue the pregnancy. Mary told her she was a hero for doing that. Reporter said they would be barried together.

Opinion-there were two caskets at the funeral but that does not mean that the funeral directors did not burrie them together after everyone left. There was only one grave. Maybe they needed the DNA seperate and placed one casket inside the other. I believe the mother definately wanted the point made that there were two lives. Maybe there were two caskets but they were burried togeter.

The funeral was done in the name of both Maria and her child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back