Maria Lauterbach

Antlers DOWN.......

Reading panthera's statement of the funeral;

How heartbreaking!! There are no words from me to express my sorrow or the sorrow from Maria's family.

RIP Maria and your precious child.....................

May God grant the wisdom and the patience for the LE to apprehend the killer who took your life and your sweet baby.

Rest in Peace, dear Maria & baby Gabriel. Safe in the arms of the angels. Our father God will not allow your 20 yrs of life & terrible death to go unnoticed. "Vengeance Is MINE " saith the Lord.

I admit that I'm impressed that sherrif Brown attended...

God bless Maria's family.

I admit that I'm impressed that sherrif Brown attended...

God bless Maria's family.

I was also touched by reading that the Sheriff had attended. He is a good man, and he truly cares.

Rest in Peace, Maria and Gabriel.

My sincere condolences to Maria's family.

CE I still say there was not a Plam at least that Maria had. Remeber those words came from CL.

On a side note I read on Fox news site. Maria was buried Today.

you might be right, JDB, but for some reason i keep thinking "the plan" might be one thing he was telling the truth about.....Maria getting money, buying a bus ticket, trying to sell her car, writing a note to Durham....just sounds like there was some kind of plan, & maybe she changed her mind for some reaon....

I don't know why anyone would think that Sheriff Brown wouldn't attend. This case is very close to his heart. This is going to be the one that will haunt him the rest of his life, imo.

I know it is a family decision, but if it had been my grandchild...I would have put him in the arms of his mother for eternity. She never got to hold him in life. It is so very sad. Breaks my heart.

(When did they change the confirmation on the sex of the baby again?)

I have to agree with JDB (OMG Did I say that?!). I don't think there was any plan. You have to consider the source and it did come from CL. If a plan was botched, it was the plan of his and possibly Christina's to get rid of his problem.

I think it is pretty well established that Maria had no intention of leaving to have her baby in El Paso, TX or anywhere else. Until they come out and say that Maria wrote the note to Durham plus confirm that she was not under any kind of duress to do so...the other things don't bear this out. Cesar could have been with her at the ATM because he does put himself with her at the bus station.

Did anyone else wonder why Maria's "unborn" baby was buried in a separate little silver coffin?

Why wouldn't Gabriel Joseph be with Maria as Conner was with Laci?

I can't help thinking this was Mary's decision! One last swipe at Maria in death, taking her baby away from her!

I didn't think I could dislike that woman any more than I did since she called Maria a compulsive liar, you don't just throw comments like that out there when your 8 month pregnant daughter is missing unless you have some deep resentment against her.

Why did Mary resent Maria? Why did her Father never show his face in public, expressing his love for her or her siblings for that matter?

Someone knows the answers to these questions. My hope is that someday that person will write a book of Maria Lauterbach's life and the battles this brave Marine faced in her young life!

All very good questions, Mystery. I have wondered why the rest of her family never came forward to support Maria and the mom.

There could be some issues that only the mom could answer. Was she perhaps raped at one time and she chose to go another route so she projected this onto to Maria? Was she unable to see the beauty of a grandchild that had come from such an act? Maybe she prejudiced against Hispanics?

I have no doubt there will be books written. I expect that is already in the works.

All the mother did was try to give a complete detailed picture of her daughter to the police -- she didn't just "throw out there" that Maria was a compulsive liar, and there is absolutely no reason to believe that she had anything but a great love for her daughter.

As far as the separate burial goes, I bet they are trying to emphasize that Maria and her baby were two people, since the State of North Carolina doesn't acknowledge that.

I too would have buried them together. But I'm sure the Mother had her reasons.

As was reported:
The family has requested two caskets, one for the slain 20-year-old woman and another for her unborn baby. "Maria would absolutely want that," her mother, Mary Lauterbach, had told the Dayton Daily News last week

All the mother did was try to give a complete detailed picture of her daughter to the police -- she didn't just "throw out there" that Maria was a compulsive liar, and there is absolutely no reason to believe that she had anything but a great love for her :blowkiss: daughter.

As far as the separate burial goes, I bet they are trying to emphasize that Maria and her baby were two people, since the State of North Carolina doesn't acknowledge that.
Since the mom sent Maria to a private Catholic School and is raising her family as devout Catholics I also think she felt that Maria would want the world to know that Gabriel was a separate little person and that Maria believed in the Catholic tradition of the sanctity of life. I think she feels that's what Maria would want that (as stated in the Dayton news link above in Tom'sGirl) Now I am just guessing about her reason, and I can't even begin to say it's ok, but it's such a personal decision I hesitate to even make a judgement. I don't know all the facts. As far as the funeral was concerned, it was a beautiful tribute to Maria and her baby Gabriel. I wish that CL and his aunt Marie could read the newspaper coverage about Maria L and Gabriels' funeral. CL needs to be reminded about what he did IMO.

I agree, chip

She may have been making a statement to all those states (like NC) that don't yet count the murder of an unborn baby a murder- burying Gabriel seperately makes the point that he was indeed his own little person. So sad, and I like you, don't want to pass judgement on this mother-whatever her motives- who just buried her child and grandchild.

That video was very emotional to watch Tom'sGirl. There were so many touching scenes. Mary L and Maria's siblings look devastated and the 21 gun salute was so dramatic. I did not know Sgt. Durham sat with the family. He must be in good stead with Mary. It will be interesting to hear Sgt. Durham's testimony as the case unfolds.

Oh, I'm sure Mary had her reason.

I just personally find it sad to think of separating an infant from his Mother and I find Sharon's choice much more loving.

One possibly reason for separate caskets may be that there may still be a need to disinterr(sp?) one or the other for future prosecution (the baby for instance in a rape prosecution of CL?/ Maria to further verify cause of death against CL's claims?), and the family was trying to let their loved ones rest in as much peace as they can possibly find. Please remember that Maria's family might one day read these comments, and please let us not judge them. The pain must be unbearable. Rest In Peace Maria and baby.

Maria did what a real Marine would have done.She stood up for herself,and she protected Gabriel.She had guts.She enlisted in a time when she knew she could be sent to Iraq or Afghanastain.She made it through boot camp.She stood up and said something when she was raped knowing that there would be a backlash against her.She protected her baby till the end.I believe she was never going to leave the area and was keeping her son.That made CL and his wife crazy.The only one who helped her was her roomate.I just hope Maria and Gabriel find the peace that they never had here in this life.

The funeral was at the top of the front page of Sunday's Dayton Daily. From the large picture Mary and Maria's siblings looked totally devasted. I will check to see if Sgt Durham was in that pic, dad was not, but could have been a palbearer as the pic showed edge of casket with family behind... ...very sad.

I was just reading the timeline posted by LittleDeer.It states that CL joined his current unit on 4/6/5.If you watch the interview of the shadowy figure who says CL is like McGyver,she stated that she worked with him for about 4 years....CL just passed his 2 year mark,so how can that be?Boot camp is 3 months,MCT is a month and I belive logistics school is a month.So,how did she work with him for 4 years?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn
Back