Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an email I sent to Natalie Grant's home foundation. I'll let ya'll know what I hear back.

"I am writing you on behalf of a woman who died in Phoenix, AZ in 1999. I am part of an online forum trying desperately to find out who this woman was. Please look at the information on this forum and let us know if you have any suggestions to help find her identity.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139
Thank you,
Auburnmommyof2"

Great work-thank you!!!

Here is an email I sent to Natalie Grant's home foundation. I'll let ya'll know what I hear back.

"I am writing you on behalf of a woman who died in Phoenix, AZ in 1999. I am part of an online forum trying desperately to find out who this woman was. Please look at the information on this forum and let us know if you have any suggestions to help find her identity.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139
Thank you,
Auburnmommyof2"

Great! I also wrote the following yesterday..

"I am writing to you regarding the case of a victim who died on January 27, 1999. It is believed that she may have been prostituting in the central Phoenix area. I am asking if you can take a look at the case, in hopes that someone might be able to give her an identity.

She is case number 99-0305

Thank you."

Perhaps if more than one of us inquire, the case won't be overlooked.

I am going to also write to AMW to see if we can get something put on air for the public, to see if anyone out there recognizes her.

I don't know a whole lot about it, and I'm not sure if I believe in it, but I have heard many stories about forensic psychics being able to solve cases similar to our MJD. I found a reputable forensic psychic who has done many cases in the US, Mexico and Canada and recently solved some missing persons cases in eastern Europe.

So, I wrote her just to see what advice she may have for us regarding finding MJD an identity.

This is what I wrote..

"Hello! I am writing to you regarding the case of a young girl in Arizona who is believed to have fell, jumped or was pushed from a moving vehicle on Interstate 10 in Pinal County, AZ.

She was in the company of two others in the car, a male driver and another female passenger, but neither of them stepped forward to identify her.

It has been almost 10 years, and still, no one has claimed this beautiful girl. After many attempts at trying to compare her with many other missing persons in the database, nothing has come up and I, among many others are losing hope for her case. A web forum in which I am a member of has been desperately trying to find a name for her, to no avail.

I need advice on what steps we need to take next to find a name for this poor young lady.

this is a link to her case if you are interested.

She is case # 99-0305.

And this is the forum in which I am a member of who has been putting an immense amount of effort into trying to find a name for this Jane Doe.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=139

I appreciate you taking the time to go over my message and hope to hear from you!"

I'll let you know if I get a response..

Got this from protectchild.org

Thank you for your interest in helping to research this tragedy. I have passed this information on to others, and will retain it in our files, as well.

Janet Olson, RN, MN
Executive Director, APECA

anyone else get a response?

Sorry this is long:

First point: I ran through a dozen different scenarios about where this JD came from and what brought her to AZ. Everything from abusive family in California to living on the streets for years in Canada, to having ran away from a fundamentalist Christian compound two weeks prior to her death. Then I went back through and had her wearing gray leggings, a black mini skirt, a beige top and sandals on January 26, 1999. In all of the possible scenarios she could have been wearing the same thing. Short of wearing something extremely unusual, I can see where what she was wearing wouldn't make much of a difference in identifying her.

Second point: Her general health might make a difference in determining the lifestyle she led in the years prior but prolonged sexual abuse from a step-father or mom's boyfriends, versus working as a prostitute may look very similar from a ME's point of view. I would assume that our JD showed evidence of repeated sexual trauma and possibly STDs. So, this would suggest that she was being abused in some way and didn't come from "safe" place. I keep leaning towards the idea of her being abused by someone she knew versus being on the street working. I guess because I've known kids that lived on the street and after 9 1/2 years I would think someone would come forward to at least give her "street name". Unless she wasn't on the streets for very long, but that brings us back to being abused "at home".

So, even if her health was poor, it may not tell us where to look for her past.

Point three: Either her "guardians" are aware of her death and not coming forward or they are not aware. If they are not aware, they either are looking for her or not looking.

With all of these possibilities about her "home" life aside, it still strikes me as odd that no one from her community would see her. No friends, no extended family, no neighbors, no classmates, no doctors, no dentist, no one. Was she locked in a basement for 16 years? Did she live in an isolated cabin with no contact with anyone? Did she change physically so much that no one is recognizing her? Or is it so unthinkable, that no one is even considering that this child is someone they know?

Finally, I have read about families who were searching for years for their loved one and after 20 years they found that their loved one had been deceased since the day they were missing and that they had been known to LE as an unidentified since the week they went missing. In the cases I've read, some key piece of information was omitted or incorrect and the UID was someplace the family didn't think to look. What can we do with this information to help ID this child?

Sorry this is long:

First point: I ran through a dozen different scenarios about where this JD came from and what brought her to AZ. Everything from abusive family in California to living on the streets for years in Canada, to having ran away from a fundamentalist Christian compound two weeks prior to her death. Then I went back through and had her wearing gray leggings, a black mini skirt, a beige top and sandals on January 26, 1999. In all of the possible scenarios she could have been wearing the same thing. Short of wearing something extremely unusual, I can see where what she was wearing wouldn't make much of a difference in identifying her.

Second point: Her general health might make a difference in determining the lifestyle she led in the years prior but prolonged sexual abuse from a step-father or mom's boyfriends, versus working as a prostitute may look very similar from a ME's point of view. I would assume that our JD showed evidence of repeated sexual trauma and possibly STDs. So, this would suggest that she was being abused in some way and didn't come from "safe" place. I keep leaning towards the idea of her being abused by someone she knew versus being on the street working. I guess because I've known kids that lived on the street and after 9 1/2 years I would think someone would come forward to at least give her "street name". Unless she wasn't on the streets for very long, but that brings us back to being abused "at home".

So, even if her health was poor, it may not tell us where to look for her past.

Point three: Either her "guardians" are aware of her death and not coming forward or they are not aware. If they are not aware, they either are looking for her or not looking.

With all of these possibilities about her "home" life aside, it still strikes me as odd that no one from her community would see her. No friends, no extended family, no neighbors, no classmates, no doctors, no dentist, no one. Was she locked in a basement for 16 years? Did she live in an isolated cabin with no contact with anyone? Did she change physically so much that no one is recognizing her? Or is it so unthinkable, that no one is even considering that this child is someone they know?

Finally, I have read about families who were searching for years for their loved one and after 20 years they found that their loved one had been deceased since the day they were missing and that they had been known to LE as an unidentified since the week they went missing. In the cases I've read, some key piece of information was omitted or incorrect and the UID was someplace the family didn't think to look. What can we do with this information to help ID this child?

Thank you for your thoughtful words, Zanko. IMO, We need to find a hook to get some people, (press,producers, new junkies whatever) to SEE her. Maybe a trafficking angle, maybe an endangered teen angle, whatever. But we need to get her face out there because once you see her, you get sucked in....we are all proof of this, right? We need people beating the bushes for someone who knows her, which is truly something we can accomplish for this case since we have done the same for others. Think of some reporters digging up A&L, the people in the car...grilling them, questioning them...her picture on CNN....that is where we will get bang for our buck.

Thank you for your thoughtful words, Zanko. IMO, We need to find a hook to get some people, (press,producers, new junkies whatever) to SEE her. Maybe a trafficking angle, maybe an endangered teen angle, whatever. But we need to get her face out there because once you see her, you get sucked in....we are all proof of this, right? We need people beating the bushes for someone who knows her, which is truly something we can accomplish for this case since we have done the same for others. Think of some reporters digging up A&L, the people in the car...grilling them, questioning them...her picture on CNN....that is where we will get bang for our buck.

I agree. There is no way Jane Doe is going to get a name unless her face is OUT THERE!

Zanko, yes I agree that her clothing would probably not prove very sufficient in identifying her because in almost 10 years, I highly doubt someone is going to remember exactly what she was wearing.

And your point about the sexual abuse, that's very true that prostitution and sexual trauma do mimic each other in many ways.

She probably wasn't a local if not one person, a teacher, friends, cousins, immediate family, ANYBODY recognizes her in the Phoenix area.

Another thing, if she was working on the streets or living in a high-risk lifestyle in Phoenix, wouldn't a police officer or something recall seeing her or questioning her?

I cant remember but did he have alcohol in his system (the guy driving??) maybe you can get her noticed as an DUI/DWI type story... The prostitute one might make people turn they're heads.....and really who says what they're saying is true? I think the newspaper articles might be good to send..I thought if enough people could send in envelopes (multiples, however many can /would want to do) to where they will arrive the same day .....Maybe they'll see the girl enough to wanna do a story! And show lots of people from different states/other countries that are wanting to help!
They really should do these types of shows anyways! might encourage some people to go file missing persons reports for loved ones!

I was thinking about the idea that she may have run away from an abusive home. And, although I don't generally find the people in the car with her creditable, they did mention that she wanted to go to Miami.

Maybe she had family or someone who knew her there?

Just a thought.

Got this from protectchild.org

Thank you for your interest in helping to research this tragedy. I have passed this information on to others, and will retain it in our files, as well.

Janet Olson, RN, MN

anyone else get a response?

Yep - exactly the same one:

Janet Olson, RN, MN

Not going to hang all my hopes on these folks. :mad:

I asked a poster who is relatively new to WS to look at MJD and see if there was a chance she could do a different rendition from the one the forensic artist did....or at least look at all of the versions. She is an artist herself and she does some mighty amazing work via photoshop.

I think if we can get a rendition of her that looks good to everyone, we can create some kind of flyer to get out to the media sources we are considering....thoughts?

I think that is a great idea! Just out of curiosity, do they use blood types to help in all these cases? That would really be an excellent tool to narrow down our searches.

I asked a poster who is relatively new to WS to look at MJD and see if there was a chance she could do a different rendition from the one the forensic artist did....or at least look at all of the versions. She is an artist herself and she does some mighty amazing work via photoshop.

I think if we can get a rendition of her that looks good to everyone, we can create some kind of flyer to get out to the media sources we are considering....thoughts?

That's a great idea!

From this pic, using what her teeth may have looked like...

The links have my composites

**NOTE*** I made her hair curly at the bottom because that's how it appears to be styled in her post-mortem

I noticed something on another forum about vaccines. Didn't read the whole thread though. Is there a way the ME could tell if MJD had been vaccinated? If so, she would likely have gone to school in the US. If not, she is likely from another country. Just a thought. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin