Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering that about the witnesses. Perhaps after we get all of our composites done, we can forward them to LE and ask if ANY of them resemble her whatsoever. If not, then ME/LE could maybe give us a rough idea of what she may have looked like because even the drawings/forensic composites of her don't even look like her to me.

No wonder nobody is identifying her!

Does anyone have LDJ's contact info? I thought someone had listed her facebook or knew her location somehow.

I don't know if it'd be considered harassment or anything but I'd like to get a hold of her myself and ask her a few questions. I don't wanna grill her or anything or bring back traumatic memories, but just ask a few questions that maybe can't be answered by LE.

Would it be considered harassment if I asked her if it was okay for me to ask her about it? If she said no, I would respect her wishes. But to be honest, I wouldn't want to contact her via facebook because she can just ignore any messages or delete them after seeing the subject matter. However if it was a call or an email, she could do the same thing.

I don't know, what do you guys think?:confused::confused::confused:

The only questions I'd wanna ask her is..

1. Did she have an accent?
2. What did she talk about?
3. Do you remember what she looked like?

Or is it possible to ask LE to get in touch with her or the witnesses again?

If people stopped to help her, someone's got to have that precious face embedded in their mind for good!

It's not harassment unless you treat her like a suspect of some kind or you don't take no for an answer if she says she does not want to talk about it. You would be surprised at how backs of some cases are broken when kindness is offered and dignity respected.

Keep in mind that Lindsay could have been a victim herself of this situation-no one knows but the three of them.

Yes I think that was Me you can just go to Facebook and type in her name in search.

I spelled it with a A LindsAy and there was one in Az and one in Canada Im not sure if they are her or not...

Should I message both of them first and ask if they have any idea about this case in the first place? Or just the US L DeJong?

I was wondering that about the witnesses. Perhaps after we get all of our composites done, we can forward them to LE and ask if ANY of them resemble her whatsoever. If not, then ME/LE could maybe give us a rough idea of what she may have looked like because even the drawings/forensic composites of her don't even look like her to me.

No wonder nobody is identifying her!

Does anyone have LDJ's contact info? I thought someone had listed her facebook or knew her location somehow.

I don't know if it'd be considered harassment or anything but I'd like to get a hold of her myself and ask her a few questions. I don't wanna grill her or anything or bring back traumatic memories, but just ask a few questions that maybe can't be answered by LE.

Would it be considered harassment if I asked her if it was okay for me to ask her about it? If she said no, I would respect her wishes. But to be honest, I wouldn't want to contact her via facebook because she can just ignore any messages or delete them after seeing the subject matter. However if it was a call or an email, she could do the same thing.

I don't know, what do you guys think?:confused::confused::confused:

The only questions I'd wanna ask her is..

1. Did she have an accent?
2. What did she talk about?
3. Do you remember what she looked like?

Or is it possible to ask LE to get in touch with her or the witnesses again?

If people stopped to help her, someone's got to have that precious face embedded in their mind for good!
I think that sounds like a great idea. If there is nothing to hide, she should be willing to help find out who she is/was. If it were me, I'd approach her by making it clear upfront that your not going to ask her a lot of questions about the case but just about MJD's identity. And that you realize it must have been a horrible thing for her to go through, etc. I think if she gets a feeling of concern from you, she'd be more likely to help. Just my thoughts. I'll be praying that God will give you the right words to speak to her.

We are only assuming this is the right person.. yes?

How should I go about it keeping that in mind? I sent some private messages of what I wrote as a rough draft to some of you.. hoping you can help me out.

We are only assuming this is the right person.. yes?

How should I go about it keeping that in mind? I sent some private messages of what I wrote as a rough draft to some of you.. hoping you can help me out.

You could say something like "I'm trying to contact the LD who was in Arizona in Jan 1999. If I have contacted the wrong person, I sincerely apologize, but would you please take the time to just reply and let me know."

You could say something like "I'm trying to contact the LD who was in Arizona in Jan 1999. If I have contacted the wrong person, I sincerely apologize, but would you please take the time to just reply and let me know."

Thanks! Why didn't I think of that?! :blowkiss:

Lol..we all need someone to give us a different angle sometimes. Did you get my PM?

Yes, thank you for your input it's greatly appreciated! I will definitely be sure to use everyones tips.

For now, I just want to make sure it's ACTUALLY her before I start asking any questions.

There is also a LDJ on Myspace that is 24 y/o in Washington State but it is with an "e" not an "a".

There is also a LDJ on Myspace that is 24 y/o in Washington State but it is with an "e" not an "a".

I saw that, too.. but I first contacted LDJ on facebook first to see if I get a response.. I want to make sure it's actually her before I bother the heck out of someone who has no idea what I'm talking about!

I haven't gotten a response yet, but I keep checking.

If it is the LDJ we are discussing here, I really hope she is willing to help. She may be getting sick of answering to people about it all the time. And I will consider that when writing to her.

I must be honest, though.. I am waiting in great suspense here!

How certain are we that LDJ was 18 at the time? I read that in one of the newpaper articles and thought maybe she just said she was 18 to keep her boyfriend out of trouble. I thought it was interesting that one article says she accidentally fell out of the car. Makes me wonder if the girls were messing around in the front seat and somehow the door came open. I don't think thats likely, just a thought.

How certain are we that LDJ was 18 at the time? I read that in one of the newpaper articles and thought maybe she just said she was 18 to keep her boyfriend out of trouble. I thought it was interesting that one article says she accidentally fell out of the car. Makes me wonder if the girls were messing around in the front seat and somehow the door came open. I don't think thats likely, just a thought.

We aren't certain. Nothing is certain at this point.

What disturbs me the most about the whole story is.. after she fell/jumped from the vehicle, why didn't he stop? Isn't that a natural instinct? To slow down or stop the vehicle? I know he was under the influence, and maybe that scared him, but still it eats me alive to think that if it were my child hanging out with people who didn't even stop to help!

Why didn't anyone grab her and pull her in?

Did one of them dare her to jump out, maybe? Like you said, maybe they were messing around because they were high/drunk..

I just wish I could see the d*mn police report!

Another possibility of how she may have looked in life.

Actually after thinking about it, it is possible the car door was opened accidentally. The one newspaper article mentioned it was a blue Cadillac. I've had a few, and the full-size models (the most likely one, since all three were in the front seat) up until the 1990 models, had door handles that were quite low, at seat or leg level. It would have been pretty easy to accidentally grab the handle while just reaching for something to hold onto. Just a thought...

Actually after thinking about it, it is possible the car door was opened accidentally. The one newspaper article mentioned it was a blue Cadillac. I've had a few, and the full-size models (the most likely one, since all three were in the front seat) up until the 1990 models, had door handles that were quite low, at seat or leg level. It would have been pretty easy to accidentally grab the handle while just reaching for something to hold onto. Just a thought...

Well that brings in a whole new angle..

I have thought about that possibility, too. I've never owned a Cadillac, so I don't know the location of the handle.. but the way you put it, it does sound pretty easy to accidentally pull it open. But it seems to me that if they were going speeds of over 75mph, it would be quite difficult to push the door open anyway to jump out.. wouldn't there be resistance? And she seems really tiny to have been able to push a bulky Caddy door open and jump out.

I wonder if she fell in the road or on the side of the road..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1