Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LDJ I have contacted is located in Selah, WA. She said she was in Phoenix for a short period of time in 1999. What are the odds?

If it is a public record, I don't see why it wouldn't be okay to post it here, or at least via PM. After all, the only intent of providing that info would be in regards to this case.

I think that is her. Don't know about him, but what can it hurt?

Okay, this is public record, so it should be okay to post, but I will be vague until I know for sure. I looked up Alonzo D Fernandez and it came back as an alias "Alonzo Decarlo Fernandez" for a man in Oregon who has 15 other alias names. Since I didn't enter the middle name I was pretty sure that this was a match. This guys wrap sheet is long. He has been in and out of prison for years but appears to have been out during the time frame that this Jane Doe was "found". His record includes robberies and controlled substances. There are a lot of codes that I don't understand but will research. One thing that was clear is that he is currently on parole with high supervision. Can I post his real name? It is public records. Moderator?

This was posted a while ago....definitely sounds like our guy. He lives in OR, LDJ lives in WA. Makes you wonder what they were going to Florida for, doesn't it?

This was posted a while ago....definitely sounds like our guy. He lives in OR, LDJ lives in WA. Makes you wonder what they were going to Florida for, doesn't it?

Especially on a Tuesday afternoon in January!..:eek:

She may have lied about her age, but if they know her real name, she must have had some type of ID. Right?

Maybe to protect her? I don't know.. not everyone always carries an ID. Obviously..:eek:

I don't know. I just suspect foul play in this case altogether. The guy was obviously not right. What business does a 26 year old man have with a bunch of minors, anyway? And why was he going to take them to Florida? Surely nobody is just that nice of a person to say "Hey! I'll take you across the country! No problem!"

Maybe to protect her? I don't know.. not everyone always carries an ID. Obviously..:eek:

If only everyone did! But maybe Lindsay had a fake ID. Alonzo was quite a bit older than her, wasn't he? LDJ shouldn't have been there with him any more than our little MJD. He was (and probably still is!) a total predator.

I've been thinking....MJD's head injuries were in the back of her head, so I imagine her maybe leaning up against the door - facing the others in the car - and she fell out backwards. The door might have accidentally opened - I have actually seen that happen. But maybe someone (LDJ) reached over and pulled the handle - for whatever reason. If that is the case, we will probably never hear from her. I don't want to be negative here, but somehow, we have to make sure she understands we're just trying to ID MJD - not solve a possible crime......

If only everyone did! But maybe Lindsay had a fake ID. Alonzo was quite a bit older than her, wasn't he? LDJ shouldn't have been there with him any more than our little MJD. He was (and probably still is!) a total predator.

I've been thinking....MJD's head injuries were in the back of her head, so I imagine her maybe leaning up against the door - facing the others in the car - and she fell out backwards. The door might have accidentally opened - I have actually seen that happen. But maybe someone (LDJ) reached over and pulled the handle - for whatever reason. If that is the case, we will probably never hear from her. I don't want to be negative here, but somehow, we have to make sure she understands we're just trying to ID MJD - not solve a possible crime......

VERY GOOD POINT! About the back of her head being injured. It definitely seems as though she was pushed out/fell out rather than jumped out. If she fell, wouldn't she have gone UNDER the car, though? She was located at the side of the road, right?

Yes, I have no doubt in my mind that guy was a total creep..

Suzi has many other cases she is working on. I am surprised that Alonso is a black man That is a Puerto Rican name.

I wonder if Alonzo has any previous or recent convictions/citations for exploiting women or minors. I know I am TOTALLY generalizing, but isn't it known for pimps to drive Cadillacs? There has got to be some reason he had two young girls in the car with him, other than being a Good Samaritan and driving them across the country to Miami, especially with a background like his. It's always stuck to the back of my mind that this guy may have been pimping. I know I could be way off here, but it's just a suggestion. Not that it'd do any good in ID'ing MJD. It just seems a little bizarre to me that he'd be taking two young females to Miami, FL with him, especially if he doesn't know MJD's name.

I wonder if LDJ may have been a runaway? It isn't proven, and can't really be proven that Alonzo was actually her boyfriend. If he was, than why would he have another girl in the car whom LE speculated may have been a prostitute? Girls are naturally and generally pretty aggressive towards other females hanging around their boyfriends, aren't they? Especially teenage girls!

Anyway, just another theory..

Yes, It just seems weird to me that someone would just jump in a car and say hey Im going to MIAMI TOO, it might make sense to me if she said maybe Im going to Tucson too or somewhere CLOSE, but MIAMI yeah right and just what are the odds of that???? ALL THE WAY ACROSS the country and you just so happen to JUMP IN THE RIGHT CAR that is ALSO going to MIAMI????? DONT BELIEVE IT FOR A MINUTE, what ever happend with trying to get the TV footage?

Yes, It just seems weird to me that someone would just jump in a car and say hey Im going to MIAMI TOO, it might make sense to me if she said maybe Im going to Tucson too or somewhere CLOSE, but MIAMI yeah right and just what are the odds of that???? ALL THE WAY ACROSS the country and you just so happen to JUMP IN THE RIGHT CAR that is ALSO going to MIAMI????? DONT BELIEVE IT FOR A MINUTE, what ever happend with trying to get the TV footage?

I think it was more like "I'm going to Miami." "Fine with me. Then that's where I'm going too." like she was just up for an adventure.

Maybe she really didn't believe they were actually going to Miami until they were on the highway?

if we're trying get LDJ & ADF to cooperate, maybe we shouldn't make so many negative remarks about them. They may eventually visit this site just to see what's been said. We don't want to run them off...

The LDJ I have contacted is located in Selah, WA. She said she was in Phoenix for a short period of time in 1999. What are the odds?

If it is a public record, I don't see why it wouldn't be okay to post it here, or at least via PM. After all, the only intent of providing that info would be in regards to this case.

I think it would be a good idea to contact LDJ again. Just say something like, "I realize that I may have contacted the wrong person and if you are the right person, you may not be comfortable sharing information with me and completly respect that. However, any information you can provide would make a world of difference to me. Will you please just let me know one way or the other? There are many people praying for you and for information leading to just identifying this girl. You may hold the key to providing closure for so many people." Just an idea.

This might be stretching it, but could they have been heading East towards Miami, Arizona?

This might be stretching it, but could they have been heading East towards Miami, Arizona?

I was just about to put that out there, Zanko. Seems like a more reasonable destination than Florida.

I think we really need to find out if the Alonzo from this incident is African American. The info I have for "my" Alonzo: African American male, born in 1967, 5'11 and 205 pounds. Yes, the age is off, but if he's using a fake name the date of birth he provided in Maricopa wouldn't be worth anything. Anyone in law enforcement that would know if it would be possible to be arrested, tried and convicted for a crime under an alias? I counted 15 alias listed for this Alonzo.

Keep in mind that very many Hispanics are black, especially from the Caribbean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500