Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever verified that she had naturally brown hair that was dyed blonde? :waitasec:

The webpage states this she is Caucasian and has blonde hair with brown roots...I have awful memory, but I really believe in a call between Suzi and myself or someone else from here we did get that verified. Anyone? (my notebooks are at home, at the office right now)

Anything ever come from the follow up on Racheal Dawn Hayson?

I think believe09 sent MJDs info and some dental record stuff, etc to the detective in charge of Rachaels case. I can't find the post because my computer is slooooow today but it was Monday or Tuesday & believe said the detective seemed interested, so that is good:) The email to the detective is posted on the 2nd thread.

I usually give LE a week or two before I start to nag them, lol, because they have active cases they work on as well as the cold missing ones...I will catch up with him at the end of the month regarding Racheal as a possible....it is so funny-each possible...each phone call generates excitement on behalf of both parties, you know, because if the possible match is not discounted right away because of hold back information both you and the detective are thinking, gosh finally this could be the call. And then you wait. And wait. It is so hard-infinitely harder for the families that are searching for their loved ones of course, but hard for those of us in the nosebleed seats as well...

What do you all think of placing some ads in Craigslist? Around Phoenix and maybe some cities in Washington state? The ads are free and may be more likely to reach the target....

I dont think it would hurt to do?? anyone else thoughts on this???

and I was wondering what about Mydeathspace.com ?? havent been there forever but wasnt sure if her page could be listed there?? that place probably gets some views

fmw63 provided me with addresses and telephone numbers for a TON of salons around the Phoenix area from his 1995.. uhh.. phonebook.. program thing. Such a big help!

I plan on starting to call some of the businesses Monday since it's the weekend and I know things can get busy for them. I sure hope someone is able to recall her. I know they get a lot of new people in and out, and surely not every business that she could have went to may be currently operating.

What do you all think of placing some ads in Craigslist? Around Phoenix and maybe some cities in Washington state? The ads are free and may be more likely to reach the target....

I think that's a great idea!

Where would her ad be placed on craigslist? Lost and Found?.. I don't see anything specific for things like this..

I think I'll stick one in "general"..

fmw63 provided me with addresses and telephone numbers for a TON of salons around the Phoenix area from his 1995.. uhh.. phonebook.. program thing. Such a big help!

I plan on starting to call some of the businesses Monday since it's the weekend and I know things can get busy for them. I sure hope someone is able to recall her. I know they get a lot of new people in and out, and surely not every business that she could have went to may be currently operating.

Vashley - that's great news, but honestly, we don't even know if she was from Phoenix or the surrounding area. I've said before, I live in Vegas and we have ladies of the night who come in from all over the country for big events all the time. MJD, if she was a prostitute, seemed awful ready and willing to hit the road - if that is how it went down. That tells me she did not have strong ties to the Phoenix area.

Vashley - that's great news, but honestly, we don't even know if she was from Phoenix or the surrounding area. I've said before, I live in Vegas and we have ladies of the night who come in from all over the country for big events all the time. MJD, if she was a prostitute, seemed awful ready and willing to hit the road - if that is how it went down. That tells me she did not have strong ties to the Phoenix area.

True. But I figured I would check with the salons in the area she was picked up anyway, just to make sure. I don't intend to check EVERY salon in Phoenix. That would be ridiculous!

I understand what you mean, though. It may be a lot of wasted effort, and I am aware of that. She probably was a "drifter".

Odd. I looked up where the super bowl was being held in 1999 and it was in Miami, FL.. isn't that a big event for ladies of the night? It was to be played Jan. 31st. I also read on that there were many prostitution ring busts. Anyway, not that it's that significant. Just found it interesting that that's apparently where they were headed.

Odd. I looked up where the super bowl was being held in 1999 and it was in Miami, FL.. isn't that a big event for ladies of the night? It was to be played Jan. 31st. I also read on that there were many prostitution ring busts. Anyway, not that it's that significant. Just found it interesting that that's apparently where they were headed.

It's not just big events, but the winter months in southern Arizona are huge! Lots of golfers and convention business. I was thinking if she was from somewhere else, she may have been there for "business" purposes. I don't know - ahhhhhhhh!!!!

This is kind of random I guess but lots of homeless people/kids do travel the country year round. There are a few different 'circuits', like Seattle to Denver then New Orleans with stops in towns inbetween. I think they usually are in warmer places in winter (ie maybe Phoenix?) and colder climates in summer (Denver, etc). I know Santa Fe was pretty popular with homeless kids I knew at that time, Phoenix doesn't sound unlikely if thats what she was doing I suppose. Also just hopping in a car to Miami with strangers wouldn't be weird at all from the stories I heard.

I remember worrying about the kids I knew who did that type of thing- what would happen to them and how on earth anyone who knew and cared about them would ever find out if something bad did happen. I guess thats why I keep coming back to this case, thinking that it could have been one of my friends that was never identified.

Also randomly, does anyone remember exactly why Ekaterina Shcherbakova (sp?) was ruled out? Or was she? I vaguely remember soemthing about LE somewhere thinking she wasn't a match but can't remember why?

This is kind of random I guess but lots of homeless people/kids do travel the country year round. There are a few different 'circuits', like Seattle to Denver then New Orleans with stops in towns inbetween. I think they usually are in warmer places in winter (ie maybe Phoenix?) and colder climates in summer (Denver, etc). I know Santa Fe was pretty popular with homeless kids I knew at that time, Phoenix doesn't sound unlikely if thats what she was doing I suppose. Also just hopping in a car to Miami with strangers wouldn't be weird at all from the stories I heard.

I remember worrying about the kids I knew who did that type of thing- what would happen to them and how on earth anyone who knew and cared about them would ever find out if something bad did happen. I guess thats why I keep coming back to this case, thinking that it could have been one of my friends that was never identified.

Also randomly, does anyone remember exactly why Ekaterina Shcherbakova (sp?) was ruled out? Or was she? I vaguely remember soemthing about LE somewhere thinking she wasn't a match but can't remember why?

You're right, Lorelei. I'm sure lots of runaways can get from here to there with no problem at all. But our little MJD looks so very young, I can't help but think she had someone controlling her life. Anyone who spends any time on the missing persons boards knows that not everyone who is missing or unidentified has someone looking for them. It's difficult to comprehend, but it's true. I don't want to be discouraged with this case, but I am.

You're right, Lorelei. I'm sure lots of runaways can get from here to there with no problem at all. But our little MJD looks so very young, I can't help but think she had someone controlling her life. Anyone who spends any time on the missing persons boards knows that not everyone who is missing or unidentified has someone looking for them. It's difficult to comprehend, but it's true. I don't want to be discouraged with this case, but I am.

I share your frustrations, Fairy1. It's true, not everyone who goes missing does have someone looking for them. And it's difficult to believe someone really is looking for her at this point. I get discouraged because with every small "lead" we get, there comes a dead end. We are basing the situation and her lifestyle off of assumptions and theories rather than actual facts because we are so desperate for answers..

If she left any trail behind her, I'm sure within the years that have passed, many have been covered. I don't want to say there is no hope for this case, because I'm not sure I believe that yet. I feel that if I lack energy in this case, I may "miss" something and it frustrates me to hear nothing new has come up. And I know I'm not alone in that!

I share your frustrations, Fairy1. It's true, not everyone who goes missing does have someone looking for them. And it's difficult to believe someone really is looking for her at this point. I get discouraged because with every small "lead" we get, there comes a dead end. We are basing the situation and her lifestyle off of assumptions and theories rather than actual facts because we are so desperate for answers..

If she left any trail behind her, I'm sure within the years that have passed, many have been covered. I don't want to say there is no hope for this case, because I'm not sure I believe that yet. I feel that if I lack energy in this case, I may "miss" something and it frustrates me to hear nothing new has come up. And I know I'm not alone in that!

:clap::clap::clap:

i think you guys are doing a great job, and being so creative. I have had good success with putting ads on CL for missing persons-in one case, there were credible sitings of a person who was voluntarily missing, whioch helped her family members relax quite a bit. I am in-I will be happy to post.

here is the text of what I posted in community/general:

This lovely girl was pushed or fell from a moving vehicle in January of 1999. She hit the pavement at 75 mph and died before she recovered consciousness and could reveal her identity. The two people in the vehicle with her claimed to know nothing about her and were let go after being charged with failing to render aid. She is estimated to be between 13 and 16 years of age, with multiple piercings in her ears, belly button jewelry and a tattoo of a blue heart upon her chest. Any information you can offer will be so helpful-it is time to get this child back to the family who loves and misses her. I attached these photos... I will post the links once CL posts them...

Attachments

• mcjd3.jpg
    mcjd3.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 160
  • mcjd4.jpg
    mcjd4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online