Mark O'Mara's/Defense's Media And Social Network Presence

Status
Not open for further replies.
V, that's my point, maybe Trayvon was doing it for a laugh...just to be silly....what would be sillier than fashioning a 24k gold grille out of little kid stickers? Heck, even at my ancient age I still do stuff like that to get a rise out of my friends and family :)

ETA: Parody videos like "Short Bus Shorty" are all the rage with young people and even TI mentions these type of videos in his song, "No Matter What."

You could be right, didn't think of it that way :)

-- 'case discussion'----Question to their followers today:

https://www.facebook.com/GeorgeZimmermanLegalCase
The official page on Facebook for information about the George Zimmerman Legal Case, administered by the Mark O'Mara Law Group.

George Zimmerman Legal Case
about an hour ago.

"We would like to know what other forums regarding this case you are contributing to. Please provide links."

--how does that fall under the category of case discussion/case information?

I think they want to know where their readers are coming from?

ETA: Actually, I don't see this question at all.

BBM

I can't find this question either. Can someone break out their FB GPS and connect-the-dots for me? Please put them close togther. lol

I just removed a bunch of posts referencing comments made on the FB page. I realize that they are assumed to be from MOM's team but this is the problem - I can't find them now. Granted, my eyes are glazed over here. I'm not saying they don't exist but I can't find them and I'm done looking for the night. lol Since WS has been permitting social media discussions there has been only one hard & fast rule - no discussion of the comments.

Since this is a unique situation (for me, anyway), I am going to get clarification from Tricia & Sue and make sure there this is not an exception. Until then, please don't discuss ANYTHING left in the comment sections. Thanks much

BEM: I don't understand. From the front of the call?

The call connected two minutes before the recording that has been given out. I hope the dispatcher will be called to testify on those two minutes.

*If Snoffke put Zimmerman on hold for two minutes what occurred for Zimmerman to call in when he did? If Zimmerman wasn't put on hold where is the recording of the first two minutes? What happened in those two minutes or earlier? Missing puzzles pieces.

BBM

I can't find this question either. Can someone break out their FB GPS and connect-the-dots for me? Please put them close togther. lol

I just removed a bunch of posts referencing comments made on the FB page. I realize that they are assumed to be from MOM's team but this is the problem - I can't find them now. Granted, my eyes are glazed over here. I'm not saying they don't exist but I can't find them and I'm done looking for the night. lol Since WS has been permitting social media discussions there has been only one hard & fast rule - no discussion of the comments.

Since this is a unique situation (for me, anyway), I am going to get clarification from Tricia & Sue and make sure there this is not an exception. Until then, please don't discuss ANYTHING left in the comment sections. Thanks much

I wonder if it was deleted.

There is no doubt in my mind that the original contributor found it there. There is also no doubt in my mind that it is likely that the <Mod Snip> over at the site followed the dots and decided that maybe it looked bad.

<modsnip>

The call connected two minutes before the recording that has been given out. I hope the dispatcher will be called to testify on those two minutes.

*If Snoffke put Zimmerman on hold for two minutes what occurred for Zimmerman to call in when he did? If Zimmerman wasn't put on hold where is the recording of the first two minutes? What happened in those two minutes or earlier? Missing puzzles pieces.

Connection: 7:09:34
Log creation: 7:11:12

The call begins with "Sanford Police Dept."

Thanks for clarifying your statement, I see what you're saying - and there's always been confusion with the connection and creation times, JMO.

I can't speak specifically for that area. I was a dispatcher here where I live and when you call in (911 or non-emergency line) you are actually asked if you need police/fire/ambulance and then you're patched through to the appropriate dispatcher(s). This could explain that 2 minute difference but that would mean most of the 2 minutes was taken up either by holding for a dispatcher or Zimmerman trying to specify what exactly he needed. I'd assume the former because here the person is placed in the regular 911 queue when they call the non-emergency line, just with a lower priority than the calls coming in for 911.

I wonder if it was deleted.

There is no doubt in my mind that the original contributor found it there. There is also no doubt in my mind that it is likely that the <Mod Snip> over at the site followed the dots and decided that maybe it looked bad.

It seems that screenshots are a necessity from here on in.

I read there daily and I've never seen rude or disparaging remarks toward anyone. I'm thinking you may be looking at another site. The admins are always quite professional, IMO.

I think they want to know where their readers are coming from?

ETA: Actually, I don't see this question at all.

They removed it and didn't state why. I post there often and I would have to say they probably did it because a lot of the posts were Zimmerman supporters complaining that <insert Trayvon site> was banning Zimmerman supporters, and just plain spam. Truth be told I found out about this place via someone posting there informing others of civil debate being had - that comment was removed as 'spam' but I'm glad I got to see it none the less.

They removed it and didn't state why. I post there often and I would have to say they probably did it because a lot of the posts were Zimmerman supporters complaining that <insert Trayvon site> was banning Zimmerman supporters, and just plain spam.

I must say I do appreciate your post, Thanks and Welcome!

Well this is good news to anyone who wanted to donate but were put off by the notion that their names would become public - MO'M states on the GZ website that personal information collected as part of the donation process will be kept strictly confidential.

Let's hope so and not end up like the TES volunteers. jmo :what:

They removed it and didn't state why. I post there often and I would have to say they probably did it because a lot of the posts were Zimmerman supporters complaining that <insert Trayvon site> was banning Zimmerman supporters, and just plain spam. Truth be told I found out about this place via someone posting there informing others of civil debate being had - that comment was removed as 'spam' but I'm glad I got to see it none the less.

Welcome! I'm new here too and I came for the same reason, for civil debate about the case.

I can't speak specifically for that area. I was a dispatcher here where I live and when you call in (911 or non-emergency line) you are actually asked if you need police/fire/ambulance and then you're patched through to the appropriate dispatcher(s). This could explain that 2 minute difference but that would mean most of the 2 minutes was taken up either by holding for a dispatcher or Zimmerman trying to specify what exactly he needed. I'd assume the former because here the person is placed in the regular 911 queue when they call the non-emergency line, just with a lower priority than the calls coming in for 911.

Thank you. I wondered about that and that could be what the case. Still something had been going on before the call and what was that?

Ha! That was me. Welcome!!

Well, in my case I decided not to read a single thing on this case because I had a good feeling that it would cause me many sleepless nights and great sadness. But then, I came to the Trayvon Forum to get the facts..as we know them. But, all I had to hear were the Zimmerman call to LE and the seven 911 calls to know that GZ's story just didn't add up. I might add that today was the first time that I have watched a video with Crump, AL Sharpton, or TM's parents. I really tried not to pay close attention to any commentary on this case. But alas I came here with a wide open mind and now all of that has changed. So even for me, neither the defense nor TM's family Attorney has influenced my opinions.

I must say, if anyone influenced me it was GZ and his legal, employment, education, familial, & social history. But, I will say, most people probably watched the interviews on cable. I didn't because I don't have cable and to date have only seen that Geraldo video that was posted today.

I agree 100%. I have no objection to the protests, but I haven't watched any.

It's worded in a weird manner which suggests a desire to sleuth the posters (what do they write elsewhere and are their off-site opinions worthy of a ban). Just asking people to share other sites with interesting discussion of the case without including the where-else-do-you-write part would have sounded more normal.

It sounds to me they might want to provide a few 'talking points' to GZ supporters to use on the other sites...this is done all the time at political sites....IMO

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/arraignment-set-george-zimmerman-case-tuesday/nNymm/

O'Mara's office is using social media to gauge public opinion. It posed the following question to more than 2,000 people who have "liked" their Facebook page: "For those of you who have shown support for George Zimmerman, could you tell us briefly, why?"

Several users pointed to the bloody picture, and Tyler Maher wrote: "And I support his right to stand his ground and carry a firearm."

"The defense can take all of that data and come up with a strong defense, what's strongest for the defense and develop a strong juror profile," said Sheaffer.

The Facebook post was removed, but not before more than 100 people chimed in.

Isn't one of the considerations for bail that the judge looks for is remorse in the defendant? Could this be why the Martin's refused to take GZ's "apology" seriously because MOM did say GZ wanted to address the court and then went on to give his condolences and in effect tell the court he was sorry for what happened? That it was all just one big mistake. Essentially it was for the purpose of getting his bail lowered not that he had any concerns for the suffering he caused the Martin family. jmo

Isn't one of the considerations for bail that the judge looks for is remorse in the defendant? Could this be why the Martin's refused to take GZ's "apology" seriously because MOM did say GZ wanted to address the court and then went on to give his condolences and in effect tell the court he was sorry for what happened? That it was all just one big mistake. Essentially it was for the purpose of getting his bail lowered not that he had any concerns for the suffering he caused the Martin family. jmo

To the best of my memory, he didn't apologize for the events that happened, only the loss of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member