Mark Redwine confused and sent to hospital by Police in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
My :twocents: People are responsible for their own actions.

I wonder if LE has been tracking him and was seen around his ' friend's house' or if that is total paranoia. It's interesting that he's apparently no longer at his home in Vallecito. Did he leave there because he thought he was being followed or watched? Was he being followed or watched? The way this particular LE has been so quiet with their plans ( which is fine ) I think it' s possible they have been stealthily following him or staking out his home and his friend's home. I wish we knew for sure . Real or imagined?

time will tell

Why was he armed while he was driving around looking for a new place to live? Why would he look for a place to live that is closer to where ER now lives? And WHY would he call a news reporter at 2:30 in the morning to tell her that he thinks he is being followed by police? I'm guessing he wanted this in the news, but why? Does he want the general public (and potential future jury) to know he is "confused" enough not to be able to stand trial? All conjecture.

Glad to see that it's still an active case....

La Plata County Sheriff Duke Schirard said Saturday that two sheriff’s investigators were dispatched to Denver in an effort to interview Redwine.

“We’re hopeful we can gain some information from this incident,” Schirard said. “This open case is one of our number one priorities. Any leads or potential leads, we’re going to respond.”

May 03, 2014
http://durangoherald.com/article/20140503/NEWS01/140509866/Mark-Redwine-taken-to-hospital-in-Denver

Interesting re a weapon.

Dispatch reported one, but one not found when LE arrived.

Misreporting...or...??

:twocents:

Interesting re a weapon.

Dispatch reported one, but one not found when LE arrived.

Misreporting...or...??

:twocents:

Sometimes citizens will say that a subject has a weapon to get a faster response from LE. The fact that Mark was not armed is what is important, not what someone claimed. MOO.

Sometimes citizens will say that a subject has a weapon to get a faster response from LE. The fact that Mark was not armed is what is important, not what someone claimed. MOO.

Not armed by the time the police got there does not necessarily mean that there wasn't a weapon at the time of the call. He's said on video interviews that he takes his shotgun with him. (Melissa Blasius interview in January, and I think also Tricia's radio show last summer.) MOO

I would imagine they're surveilling him and that could send someone off the deep end, regardless of any previous psychological issues. He was likely trying to lose the tail, whether for nefarious reasons or just because he's paranoid. If my child were missing and half the free world thought I disappeared him, I might lose my mind too. I can't imagine that kind of pressure, guilty or not. I'm not typically a fence-sitter but nothing in this case has convinced me to jump off either side. I will say that 'driving around looking for a place to live' is a load of crap IMO. He was doing something else ... but what?

Not armed by the time the police got there does not necessarily mean that there wasn't a weapon at the time of the call. He's said on video interviews that he takes his shotgun with him. (Melissa Blasius interview in January, and I think also Tricia's radio show last summer.) MOO

You could be right. But the fact that he wasn't arrested and he had no weapon, according to police, is the important part IMO. If he had his shotgun with him I think it would have be found. MOO.

I can see it either way, never had one that night but is known to have spoken about carrying one in the past or had one but no longer had it once LE arrived onscene.

As to him looking for a place to live at 2 in the morning, um, I think he was playing a pity card and wanted the press to know how hounded he feels.

still :fence:

I would imagine they're surveilling him and that could send someone off the deep end, regardless of any previous psychological issues. He was likely trying to lose the tail, whether for nefarious reasons or just because he's paranoid. If my child were missing and half the free world thought I disappeared him, I might lose my mind too. I can't imagine that kind of pressure, guilty or not. I'm not typically a fence-sitter but nothing in this case has convinced me to jump off either side. I will say that 'driving around looking for a place to live' is a load of crap IMO. He was doing something else ... but what?

BBM. Good question! It is not the first time MR has provided a calculated explanation of what he was doing before anyone even asked. A pattern, I am guessing that has not escaped LE. Let's hope this is the slip up some of us have been waiting for. MOO.

Apparently he called the news reporter and told her where he would be. Just in time for the cameras to be there and record the whole thing. WHY did he call her? Is he setting up a mental health defense? :moo:

Apparently he called the news reporter and told her where he would be. Just in time for the cameras to be there and record the whole thing. WHY did he call her? Is he setting up a mental health defense? :moo:

I, too, am wondering who calls the media while having a seeming breakdown?

Ulterior motive?

:waitasec:

I really think he is all alone in this world.

Pure and simple to me, he's hearing a young boy's voice whispering relentlessly..."why?...why?"

I agree it is concerning he is lurking closer to Elaine. Heads up!

All just my opinion, of course.

Mark, if he has problems, they will keep him at least for 72 hours. At least. Maybe longer. It will be interesting to know when or if he's released. jmo.

Pressure has to be high for him, especially if drinking is involved. jmo

Why was he armed while he was driving around looking for a new place to live? Why would he look for a place to live that is closer to where ER now lives? And WHY would he call a news reporter at 2:30 in the morning to tell her that he thinks he is being followed by police? I'm guessing he wanted this in the news, but why? Does he want the general public (and potential future jury) to know he is "confused" enough not to be able to stand trial? All conjecture.
I have two thoughts on this: one is that MR knew what he was doing and wants Elaine to know that he is searching for a place to live and that he might just "end up" somewhere near where she lives; that he's trying to present himself as being messed up so if he says anything incriminating, he can just say he's having delusions, and/or to try to set up some kind of harassment suit ("stalked" by "haters") against anyone he can manage to file a suit against OR too much drink and a guilty conscience is getting him, whether because he killed Dylan or because the thinks his actions contributed to Dylan's death (either side can take their pick). IMO. He even says he is self medicating in the first article SurfieTX posted on this thread.

Yes and no, IMO. If you read the article SurfieTX posted, MR says that he had two guns in his truck nearby. "After he was picked up, no weapon was found on Redwine. However, Redwine tells 9Wants to Know he had two guns in his truck nearby." I think he was near his truck and whomever called it in saw the weapons (in my experience, a lot of trucks have a gun rack and people openly carry their shotguns and rifles in the truck on the rack), or he might have even had a weapon out at one point, but put it back in his truck. The fact that MR did not have a weapon on his person at the time LE arrived is a good thing, but that doesn't mean he might not have been waving a gun around. So it is important if a paranoid man, by his own admission-again it is in the article, has access to a loaded weapon (not that I have any idea if the guns were loaded or not, but LE would not take that chance when a person is reported as having a weapon).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500