Mark Redwine confused and sent to hospital by Police in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most psychiatric facilities are voluntary as far as withdrawal. If he was competent, even though needing help, he could check himself out unless there was some other reason to hold him ie: LE or a violent incident, self harm, etc.

I'm sure that Mark could use some professional help. He probably doesn't have any insurance to cover that. I wonder if Colorado has free or low cost mental health programs he could access?

If someone is seriously considering killing themselves, do they call a tv news reporter first thing? Seems he was not too serious about his threat if that was who he notified. It seems he was more interested in news cameras than anything else.

He wouldn't have to have made the call for that reason. If he called her thinking she would be supportive, but he got a totally different response than he expected, he might have just said something like, "Maybe I should just blow my brains out." He wouldn't be the first, and probably not the last, to use that line to try to get someone to be more supportive. It seldom works the way it's supposed to, but many people still use it. MOO

I doubt if any press, positive or negative , was his intention that evening. I wonder if he and MB talked so much they developed somewhat of a ' friendship' and he felt he could trust her . For all we know, he calls her regularly throughout all of the last year just to shoot the breeze. He does seem lacking in friends or family who are supportive of him.

I just keep wondering about that house. Why and when did he leave ? Could LE have really ' torn it apart' gathering evidence and left it in a state that's uninhabitable? I mean I've heard of LE doing such things but I think it's on rare occasions.

I finally got around to watching the video and reading the text at the original link (now updated), and I was way off about what happened. Next time I think I might try doing that first and then giving my thoughts on it rather than giving my thoughts on it based on what other people say they think.:blushing:

It sounds to me like he didn't call her until after the police were there. He said he thought they had him surrounded there to arrest him in connection with Dylan's death. Someone else had called saying he was irrational and may have a weapon. I'm guessing he was drunk and/or high since he blamed his paranoia on stalkers, police investigating him and "self-medicating." Based on that, I have no idea what to say...

I finally got around to watching the video and reading the text at the original link (now updated), and I was way off about what happened. Next time I think I might try doing that first and then giving my thoughts on it rather than giving my thoughts on it based on what other people say they think.:blushing:

It sounds to me like he didn't call her until after the police were there. He said he thought they had him surrounded there to arrest him in connection with Dylan's death. Someone else had called saying he was irrational and may have a weapon. I'm guessing he was drunk and/or high since he blamed his paranoia on stalkers, police investigating him and "self-medicating." Based on that, I have no idea what to say...

Thank you for the summary of the video...

(I had not watched it, either...:blushing:)

The situation sounds even more bizarre to me now...

JMO

So he wasn't Baker acted and held at the hospital? If he had he would have been held at the hospital for 72 hrs. right?
One of the articles stated that Dylan was murdered and another said that their was/is no cause of death. It was my understanding way back when that LE said that he was murdered because he didn't climb that mountain and die on his own. Does anyone remember that?

He definitely didn't get any positive news coverage from this incident. If that was his plan it didn't work.

He seems to have some problems. What exactly they are and what's causing them I'm not sure of. MOO.

I guess, hearing , *why daddy*? 24/7 would cause a few problems....

So he wasn't Baker acted and held at the hospital? If he had he would have been held at the hospital for 72 hrs. right?
One of the articles stated that Dylan was murdered and another said that their was/is no cause of death. It was my understanding way back when that LE said that he was murdered because he didn't climb that mountain and die on his own. Does anyone remember that?

I think you can declare a death a homicide, and still have no proven 'cause' of death. In other words, strangulation vs suffocation or another cause of death, would all fall under homicide.

And yes, LE said that it was deemed a homicide. But there is no cause of death determined at this time. Sadly. :rose:

This thread is closed now until there is more news.

MR was sent to the hospital by Denver police for confusion. MR was released later that same day.

If more comes out about this or he is arrested again, we will open a thread at that time.

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members