Mark Smich: Innocent Dupe? Alternative Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to AB, MWJ and DM hung out on occasion without MS around. Now what could DM have in common with a gangsta like MWJ?

And finally, one last piece of information about how Matthew Ward-Jackson is connected to Dellen Millard. Friends of Iish and Mark Smich tell me that Iish often hung at Smich’s place. They were on good enough terms that Iish would even comment on one of Smich’s sister’s Instagram accounts and interacted on Facebook with Smich’s BFF, Cora. Iish also knew Dellen Millard, who hung out Chez Smich from time to time as well. So, that’s the connection.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/matthew-ward-jackson

I read that whole long blog page again and I didn't see anywhere where it said that DM and MWJ hung around without MS ever, can you please reprint that quote if it exists?

What I read says that MWJ was close enough to MS to comment on his sisters instagram account, and it says that both hung out at MS's house on occasion, and that those occasions sometimes overlapped. No mention of them ever meeting outside of MS's house in the link provided, but if you have another link that states that, I would be interested in reading it, thanks.

Does anyone actually believe that MS was the driving force behind acquiring a Dodge Ram 3500 truck? Does he seem like the type that would need or want such a vehicle? Did he have any large trailers to tow? Was he part of the Baja crowd? Did he have an interest in cars or trucks at all?

Did he purchase the burner phone that made the contacts to Dodge Ram owners to arrange for test drives? Did he make the calls and set up the appointments? Why would DM be the driver on these test drives if MS was the one interested in the vehicle? Can't remember but who did SB say was doing all the talking in her driveway? And who was representing himself as the interested party to the "guy that got away" the day before? Why wouldn't DM offer MS his on staff mechanic to go on a test drive with him?

So are we to believe that DM said to MS, "I need parts for my Ram so I'm going to steal one and kill the owner, you in?" And MS said "Sure, sounds like fun." Or was it more like, "I need parts for my Ram so I'm going to car jack one. I need you to drive my vehicle once I get on the test drive and steal the truck."?

MOO

Personally, I actually have no problem believing that MS would be the type to need and or want a vehicle, simply due to the fact that he had none.

Show me two people, one has a car and one doesn't, who is most likely to want and need one? Logic tells me that it would be the person without one rather than the person who already had one. I genuinely wonder why that logical concept is so hard for some people to accept. To me that is like asking who is more likely to be hungry, the person who just ate or the person who had no food.

Alethia, IMO, MWJ's ties to the Norteno's has never been verified but simply greatly assumed on various crime forums. Perhaps it's simply part of the rap culture MWJ was involved with- thus the tattoo's, instagram comments etc. But that's MWJ, not MS. As per MS's charges, it's obvious that he was involved in heavier drugs, perhaps he was strung out 24/7- still doesn't mean that he's got a motive or is capable of murdering anyone. All it really shows me is that he may not have been in a good place mentally and probably more vulnerable to DM's whims.

We still have the facts that LE have presented to us. MWJ trafficked a gun to DM, not MS. And if DM had bought that gun for MS why wouldn't DM, being the outstanding citizen that he is, co-operate with LE right from the get go? NO, DM didn't. He waited until LE busted MWJ and friends to experience another murder charge or two. I can't imagine that DM would be buying a gun for MS. Seems to me that MS would be able to make the acquisition on his own if he ever had the need. I still think MS was a very unsophisticated, unmotivated druggie who was quite content with his stoner life and the perfect scapegoat for someone who had discovered that he could get away with murder. MOO

I didn't suggest that DM bought a gun for MS. That possibility never occurred to me. I'm sure MS is quite capable of getting his own gun from MWJ since they've been friends so long. In the scenario presented, there was no reason for it to even be the same gun that was allegedly sold to DM. I'd be more inclined to think it was the other way around - that MS arranged for DM to buy the gun from MWJ.

You keep mentioning your opinion that MS is a complete and strung out stoner. Can you please provide a link or some kind of reference that leads you to this impression of him? I've seen nothing in MSM or on his Facebook page or anywhere else that even hints at this. I've asked before why you have this impression and I'm really curious where it comes from. TIA

According to AB, MWJ and DM hung out on occasion without MS around. Now what could DM have in common with a gangsta like MWJ?

And finally, one last piece of information about how Matthew Ward-Jackson is connected to Dellen Millard. Friends of Iish and Mark Smich tell me that Iish often hung at Smich’s place. They were on good enough terms that Iish would even comment on one of Smich’s sister’s Instagram accounts and interacted on Facebook with Smich’s BFF, Cora. Iish also knew Dellen Millard, who hung out Chez Smich from time to time as well. So, that’s the connection.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/matthew-ward-jackson

I'm pretty positive that statement means that DM hung out at MS's home from time to time, not without MS around.

Does anyone actually believe that MS was the driving force behind acquiring a Dodge Ram 3500 truck? Does he seem like the type that would need or want such a vehicle? Did he have any large trailers to tow? Was he part of the Baja crowd? Did he have an interest in cars or trucks at all?

rsbm

An interest in stones maybe. Maybe the flatbed truck needed replacing.

Justin Robertson
@justinatthespec
Unconfirmed, but a resident said she saw a flatbed truck removed from Smich's home today. It was full of stones.
2 YEARS AGO

https://storify.com/justinjourno/spectator-a-fistful-of-tweets-on-the-tim-bosma-inv.html

And, on thinking about my previous comment, it definitely makes more sense that if MS was the one driving the Yukon, that DM may have been able to instruct him to get on the 403 west and get off at the Rest Oaks Acre exit. That would have been easier. MS by all accounts is a City boy, unfamiliar with Ancaster and Cambridge areas. DM on the other hand was familiar with both and the chances of MS screwing things up would be minimal. Also- if by chance MS got pulled over on the 403, DM would have been nowhere in sight. The CCTV at Trinity and 53 would provide the evidence for that one. Turn left to Brantford- go straight to the 403. MOO

Although we do know that DM would be familiar with the area, where did you read that MS is a city boy and unfamiliar with Ancaster and Cambridge areas?

I think it's very curious that Smich is starring in a video with him as a bloody killer (likely connection between Jaydolo and MWJ somehow) and then is charged with killing two people he has no connections to. Maybe someone saw that video and thought: he is the perfect scapegoat if ever I need to get rid of Laura. I will start hangin' with him and help him out by giving him a place to stay, etc. JMO

He already knew MS before the video was posted. The video was first posted in May 2012. The picture of DM at MS's house in MSM was posted to his friend's Facebook page in April 2011.

Does anyone know how tall MS is?

Mr. Smich, tall and thin, appeared in court with a shaved head and wearing a baggy brown t-shirt and black pants, keeping his head down for most of the hearing.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/second-suspect-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-tim-bosma-case/article12090623/

Tall and gaunt, his dark hair shaved almost to his skull, the 25-year-old from Oakville placed a hand over the mark on his face and looked briefly around the room, but did not seem to make eye contact with anyone.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/

Tall and gangly, his head shaved, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his baggy black pants, the sullen 25-year-old Oakville man has the nervous twitch of someone who’s itching for a fix. He also has the black eye and facial cuts of someone on the wrong end of a scuffle - whether with arresting officers or with his new roommates at the local jail. A wannabe gangsta punk, he looks like trouble.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/23/killer-video-for-bosma-accused

Tall, thin, haggard and looking older than his 25 years, Mark Smich appeared in court

http://www.chch.com/haggard-smich-makes-court-appearance/

Personally, I actually have no problem believing that MS would be the type to need and or want a vehicle, simply due to the fact that he had none.

Show me two people, one has a car and one doesn't, who is most likely to want and need one? Logic tells me that it would be the person without one rather than the person who already had one. I genuinely wonder why that logical concept is so hard for some people to accept. To me that is like asking who is more likely to be hungry, the person who just ate or the person who had no food.

The thing is, a new vehicle would raise a lot of questions from the people around MS...if this big hulking black truck shows up in his momma's driveway, his momma's gonna wanna know where it came from and more. Every body he knows is going to want to know how this truck fell from the sky. Or what kind of (ahem) favours gets you a new truck for free.

If DM acquired a new vehicle, no one would blink, because there would be no question that he could afford it, and few might ever notice it, if he kept it in the hangar, or in a trailer. He has the means to hide a truck that would stand out like a sore thumb on MS's street (and in MS's life).

1) male white, 6’1” to 6’2”, 170 to 180 lbs, mid 20’s, light to medium short brown hair, unshaven, wearing blue jeans, long sleeve orange shirt and running shoes. The male had several tattoos on his arms. On one of his wrists where a person wears a watch was the word, “Ambition.” There was a box tattooed, framing the outside of the word. Police have researched this tattoo which is not uncommon but the location of it is unique. This male has not been identified as yet.

2) male white, 5’9” to 5’10” , small to medium build, early to mid 20’s, dark hair, wearing a red hooded sweatshirt with hood up over his head.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/10/tim-bosma-missing-persons_n_3254021.html

So DM wears a long sleeved shirt but exposes his arms enough for a witness to notice that he has SEVERAL tattoos on his arms.

1) male white, 6’1” to 6’2”, 170 to 180 lbs, mid 20’s, light to medium short brown hair, unshaven, wearing blue jeans, long sleeve orange shirt and running shoes. The male had several tattoos on his arms. On one of his wrists where a person wears a watch was the word, “Ambition.” There was a box tattooed, framing the outside of the word. Police have researched this tattoo which is not uncommon but the location of it is unique. This male has not been identified as yet.

2) male white, 5’9” to 5’10” , small to medium build, early to mid 20’s, dark hair, wearing a red hooded sweatshirt with hood up over his head.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/10/tim-bosma-missing-persons_n_3254021.html

The thing is, a new vehicle would raise a lot of questions from the people around MS...if this big hulking black truck shows up in his momma's driveway, his momma's gonna wanna know where it came from and more. Every body he knows is going to want to know how this truck fell from the sky. Or what kind of (ahem) favours gets you a new truck for free.

If DM acquired a new vehicle, no one would blink, because there would be no question that he could afford it, and few might ever notice it, if he kept it in the hangar, or in a trailer. He has the means to hide a truck that would stand out like a sore thumb on MS's street (and in MS's life).

Honestly, I don't think anyone who steals a truck actually thinks about leaving it in their driveway and using it for their regular transportation anyway.

JMO

Thanks, SnooperDuper. Sorry, but I was wondering how tall he actually is, not what the description said before they were arrested. I wouldn't really call 5'9" tall, maybe average.

JMO

So DM wears a long sleeved shirt but exposes his arms enough for a witness to notice that he has SEVERAL tattoos on his arms.

I believe the long sleeved orange shirt description came from SB. It would have been left in the description because that's what he was wearing when TB disappeared. Here is the original description before they knew about the tattoos:

1) male white, 6’1” to 6’2”, 170 to 180 lbs, mid 20’s, light to medium short brown hair, unshaven, wearing blue jeans, long sleeve orange shirt and running shoes
2) male white, 5’9” to 5’10” , small to medium build, early to mid 20’s, dark hair red hooded with hood up over his head.

https://www.facebook.com/HamiltonPolice/photos/a.161478387213795.39554.115195198508781/622677691093860/?type=1&permPage=1

Honestly, I don't think anyone who steals a truck actually thinks about leaving it in their driveway and using it for their regular transportation anyway.

JMO

Maybe he was planning on stealing it and hiding it in a buddy's trailer?

I'm pretty positive that statement means that DM hung out at MS's home from time to time, not without MS around.

Pardon my French you are correct. I misread that last line. :)

Well even if we were to consider that MS decided that he needed a vehicle to get around and it was time for him to steal one, the fact that he specifically wanted the largest pick up available with a specific diesel engine, the only one that could tow a trailer the size of DM's especially when it's loaded down with another vehicle inside, and it happened to be the same type that DM owned specifically for towing that trailer is a major coincidence. Not to mention even DM didn't appear to drive his on a regular basis and likely only used it to haul or tow heavy items because it's not a practical vehicle for every day driving unless you have no choice because you need such a large vehicle and can't afford to own two.

It's also coincidental when you factor in that the Baja race was coming up within weeks and DM himself contacted all three people to arrange for test drives on a burner phone. And DM himself did the talking and driving on two of the test drives that took place.

Did I miss somewhere that MS is mute and cannot make phone calls to arrange for his own test drives? Did he not have a cell phone of his own? Does his mother not have a home phone? Was he starting a moving business? Or a business where he'd be towing a heavy trailer? Maybe he was going to steal a large camper too and just go live on the road with his stolen home on wheels?

Was DM's regular cell phone in the shop? Is DM some kind of truck guru that people call on for his expertise in Dodge Ram trucks even though he apparently employs a mechanic to work on his own vehicles? Is he such a good friend to MS that he would spend hours driving to pick him up in Oakville and drive him back to Etobicoke for one test drive then do the same for the other test drive in Ancaster. I'm getting vague opinions on how these two even knew each other and now I'm hearing DM is such a great friend of his that he let him move in with him and he gave up hours of his time two days in a row to help him "buy" a truck that he didn't even question how he was going to pay for?

It takes a lot of mind bending to see this from the point of view that it was MS who wanted the truck IMO.

MOO

JMO

So what do they steal them for? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members