Poland Mateusz Kawecki, 30 went missing in on the way to the hospital to meet his wife in labor, found 5 months later in family barn March 2018

Regarding the orange juice, I've seen quite a bit of anecdotal information that it's used often in suicide attempts. No idea if that plays out in reality. It's just something I've seen personally.

Also, it is an interesting bit of evidence, but it doesn't necessarily point to murder for me, because of the above, but also because "not liking" or "never drinking" orange juice as a norm, doesn't necessarily mean that it wouldn't be a choice in a "non-normal" situation. In fact, I can see where choosing something one doesn't normally drink or that one doesn't like as a vehicle for suicide.

Certainly important to put in with all the other "evidence", though, so as to, hopefully, build an eventual coherent explanation of what happened.

I don't seem to recall the family addressing the cigarette butts, but I'm probably forgetting. Can someone refresh my memory: Was he a smoker?

Thank you!
I personally haven’t seen whether or not he was a smoker, just that the butts were there in the water bottle. I lived in Poland in the year preceding this and I myself and a lot of people my age were smokers it was a lot more common in younger people there than in the us where I moved, for what it’s worth.

I don't seem to recall the family addressing the cigarette butts, but I'm probably forgetting. Can someone refresh my memory: Was he a smoker?

Thank you!
There is nothing to refresh. I'd tend to assume that if he wasn't a smoker, then his family would make at least as big deal out of it as with the orange juice but it wasn't stated clearly.
On the other hand: no mention of empty/partially full cigarette pack found on the scene, no mention of matches or a lighter found - and it was a barn, full of hay. If those items were located, I'd be surprised that cops didn't used it as a way to discredit Mateusz's mental state even more. Cause it would kinda point at higher likelyness of suicide - sitting there, smoking, contemplating suicide, while risking accidentally setting that barn on fire, so no thinking straight. Yet they didn't.
I personally haven’t seen whether or not he was a smoker, just that the butts were there in the water bottle. I lived in Poland in the year preceding this and I myself and a lot of people my age were smokers it was a lot more common in younger people there than in the us where I moved, for what it’s worth.
They stated that water bottle was of Polish brand. Seems like it would be worth mentioning IF some pack of cigarettes was found with him - if that was Polish or German pack. None of his pics available is showing him with a cigarette.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back