MATTHEW PERRY DEAD AT 54

Ketamine is used at home as frequently as propofol is, as in NEVER. There are ketamine clinics, where people receive periodic infusions when other methods of treating depression fail, and some people use nasal ketamine, which must be administered by a physician; the inhaler, which is sold at the pharmacy, has a single dose, so the doctor will know if you sneaked a dose beforehand.

He was using it recreationally; don't kid yourselves. Had he not been wealthy and able to spend $9 million of his own money on treatment programs, he would have died decades ago. I hope he is at peace now, because he definitely wasn't while he was here.

Ketamine is sold on the street and used at home. There are entire online forums about this. At there's even a medical service that will bring ketamine to your home (so it IS used at home, monitored by an RN, is how I understand it):

$125 per visit.

And a person can book online and get ketamine treatment at home. ChooseKetamine.

All of these programs allow a doctor to prescribe after an online visit. It's not the only Rx one can get online with an online doctor's visit. And these online visits can be as simple as a questionnaire or a text-chat. Some of them do not even require a video meeting (but the more reputable ones do...) These services really expanded during the pandemic.

Some of the programs require counseling sessions as well - the average cost is $125 per session, the initial RX is about $200. Obviously, not as cheap as getting it on the street - but for the well-heeled, it is easy to get and even easy to get more than one Rx. It's a very popular drug with lots of off-schedule uses.

Of course, one can also buy it on the street - I don't know how it gets on the street, but I have some ideas.

IMO.

I take ketamine infusions. Work wonders for me
I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions. Feel free to say its none of my business. What do you get them for? When you get them, are they done in office? Are you drug tested for other substances?

"Ketamine clinics have popped up all over the country to treat mental health conditions and other disorders.
However, these uses are not approved by the FDA.

For a patient under general anesthetic in a hospital, a blood ketamine level of 1,000 - 6,000 ng/ml would be normal, the medical examiner explained.
In some studies, 2,200 ng/ml was needed for anesthesia.

This means Perry had more than one-and-a-half times that level in his blood.

Dr Maryann Amirshahi, medical director of the National Capital Poison Center in Washington DC, told DailyMail.com:
'The dose we use for patients for pain and for depression is really a fraction of what we use for anesthetic doses'.

'The dose makes the poison'."

I just saw this and wonder if this is correct. If so, did he really get the ketamine from a doctor? If so, I would think that Doc could be in the same situation as Michael Jackson's doc. If he got it off the street, then that is just a different story.

I just saw this and wonder if this is correct. If so, did he really get the ketamine from a doctor? If so, I would think that Doc could be in the same situation as Michael Jackson's doc. If he got it off the street, then that is just a different story.

I was thinking the same thing. He could have done it either way. Somehow, given his status and income, I am leaning toward "informal street arrangement."

Very sad, either way.
"Ketamine clinics have popped up all over the country to treat mental health conditions and other disorders.
However, these uses are not approved by the FDA.

For a patient under general anesthetic in a hospital, a blood ketamine level of 1,000 - 6,000 ng/ml would be normal, the medical examiner explained.
In some studies, 2,200 ng/ml was needed for anesthesia.

This means Perry had more than one-and-a-half times that level in his blood.

Dr Maryann Amirshahi, medical director of the National Capital Poison Center in Washington DC, told DailyMail.com:
'The dose we use for patients for pain and for depression is really a fraction of what we use for anesthetic doses'.

'The dose makes the poison'."

So true. Which is why self-dosing (whether via online legal purchase or via a friendly arrangement with...a ketamine guru) is very bad news. It almost seems like Perry went from one dangerous, suicidal addiction to another. Ketamine, properly monitored, might help (although, am I wrong to think that the medical use is just a couple of low doses? Under supervision? Combined with counseling?)

It is very close to the Michael Jackson scenario.

Ketamine is sold on the street and used at home. There are entire online forums about this. At there's even a medical service that will bring ketamine to your home (so it IS used at home, monitored by an RN, is how I understand it):

$125 per visit.

And a person can book online and get ketamine treatment at home. ChooseKetamine.

All of these programs allow a doctor to prescribe after an online visit. It's not the only Rx one can get online with an online doctor's visit. And these online visits can be as simple as a questionnaire or a text-chat. Some of them do not even require a video meeting (but the more reputable ones do...) These services really expanded during the pandemic.

Some of the programs require counseling sessions as well - the average cost is $125 per session, the initial RX is about $200. Obviously, not as cheap as getting it on the street - but for the well-heeled, it is easy to get and even easy to get more than one Rx. It's a very popular drug with lots of off-schedule uses.

Of course, one can also buy it on the street - I don't know how it gets on the street, but I have some ideas.

IMO.
This may be legal in Nevada. IDK about Iowa or Illinois, where I am a licensed pharmacist. The laws change so frequently, I'm really glad I'm not practicing any more.

Okay, amend that to "legitimate use without close medical supervision."

Street ketamine probably comes from diversion, and also from "kitchen sink" labs. It's a small, simple molecule, and probably not hard to make.

The nasal ketamine is actually esketamine, which is a stereoisomer (i.e. the molecule has two different 3-D structures, and the "S" formulation is useful for this; there's also arketamine - the "R" formulation - which is being researched.)

As a layperson who has heard a lot about what ketamine therapy is supposed to do and has...doubts about its efficacy, I do think the best guess here is that he was having legitimate "treatments" from an RN or somebody but also purchased and used it recreationally, illegally. By all sounds of the report IMO it was very clear that he had used it after his last appointment. Both things are possible MOO.

In my younger day they called Ketamine Special K. And if you were so messed up to need to be taken home by a friend and babysat it was called falling in the K hole. 2 of my friends never did it again after they went into the K-hole K-hole - Wikipedia jme. I never tried it, I am speaking of recreational use, not supervised used when prescribed and accompanied by a physician. Seems to me shrooms and special k use are being used in some cases in the last couple years. Shrooms were great ime, k-hole stories scared me off ever trying it. Jme.
Let's just say that going into the K-hole is actually a desirable thing in some cases. It's used this way quite a bit when a child is having a procedure that requires them to lie still but not quite needing general anesthesia (facial stitches is the first thing that comes to mind). Of course, this is done under medical observation. It can also be used, with Valium or other sedatives, for surgery in the field; in the past couple of years, two people in my area have required on-site leg amputation to save their lives, and most likely this is what was used, so they wouldn't remember it later.

Let's just say that going into the K-hole is actually a desirable thing in some cases. It's used this way quite a bit when a child is having a procedure that requires them to lie still but not quite needing general anesthesia (facial stitches is the first thing that comes to mind). Of course, this is done under medical observation. It can also be used, with Valium or other sedatives, for surgery in the field; in the past couple of years, two people in my area have required on-site leg amputation to save their lives, and most likely this is what was used, so they wouldn't remember it later.
Sure
Once in a lifetime.
But not on regular basis.

This is madness o_O

JMO

Sure
Once in a lifetime.
But not on regular basis.

This is madness o_O

JMO

The psychiatric literature suggests that 2X within a certain time period, of a low dose, is very effective with depression and addiction issues.

However, one does not use ketamine and go into a hot tub, if they are following instructions. Supposedly, some medical person is to be on site while this is done, or it's done in a clinic. But of course, with a huge street market in the drug, it's easy for someone to abuse it, as well. My students who have taken it think of it as a hallucinogen and do not realize it's also an anesthetic, used most on children and small animals in a veterinary practice.

If Matthew actually had an RX for ketamine, I hope they examine the doctor's practice quite carefully. Something is not right (and if doctors are prescribing more than one dose at a time and not carefully monitoring - I agree, it's madness).

I can't even remember which state this occurred in.

I had major shoulder surgery a little over a decade ago, and for personal reasons I don't like nerveblocks which leave me unable to feel anything. So the anesthesiologist (who wasn't very happy with my request for no nerveblock, and who made it quite clear he thought I was crazy) instead gave me ketamine to take the edge off the pain for the first couple of hours post-surgery.

The surgeons were amazed by how quickly I was able to use my arm again, and I've always wondered if the unusual treatment choice had something to do with it.

The psychiatric literature suggests that 2X within a certain time period, of a low dose, is very effective with depression and addiction issues.

However, one does not use ketamine and go into a hot tub, if they are following instructions. Supposedly, some medical person is to be on site while this is done, or it's done in a clinic. But of course, with a huge street market in the drug, it's easy for someone to abuse it, as well. My students who have taken it think of it as a hallucinogen and do not realize it's also an anesthetic, used most on children and small animals in a veterinary practice.

If Matthew actually had an RX for ketamine, I hope they examine the doctor's practice quite carefully. Something is not right (and if doctors are prescribing more than one dose at a time and not carefully monitoring - I agree, it's madness).

I can't even remember which state this occurred in.
I meant K-hole the OP wrote about.

But really, this lekomania is frightening.
Pills/drugs for everything:
to sleep, to function, to lose weight, to feel happy, etc, etc.

This can't end well.
The poor abused body will give up - sooner rather than later.

JMO

What do you think about how they worded the report? It sounded like it was ‘carefully scripted’. Saying that it was due to the toll taken on his body is different than saying it was an overdose.

It got my attention because I wondered if doctors or anyone else were going to be liable for administering the drugs. It very well could be another MJ scenario.

I have had professional ketamine treatment under a licensed doctor, monitored by nurses and physician's assistants. For these purposes, it is an IV drip. Anything in a pill form taken at home is the dangerous, street drug of the same name. I was never given any to take at home and I had to have a ride to get back home and was instructed not to drive that day.

I have had professional ketamine treatment under a licensed doctor, monitored by nurses and physician's assistants. For these purposes, it is an IV drip. Anything in a pill form taken at home is the dangerous, street drug of the same name. I was never given any to take at home and I had to have a ride to get back home and was instructed not to drive that day.

Are you saying that if it’s not administered by IV it’s considered dangerous?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back