MD - Anthony, 6, Austin, 4, & Athena Castillo, 2, drowned, Baltimore, 29 March 2008

:furious: These type stories are becoming too common.
The poor mother of these 3 angels.

Why couldn't he have killed himself?
I'll never understand their mindset in these crimes.
So very tragic.:mad:

It's heartbreaking and I completely get the mindset - I always feel like I understand the motive in these types of slayings.

It would not have hurt the mother as badly if he had just killed himself. By killing the children, he hurts the mother in the worse possible way - note, he also takes himself out of the equation of hurting forever by killing himself as well.

Parents who kill their children like this are doing it as the ultimate form of revenge against the other parent.

Not that it should matter, but I wondered why he'd be staying in that hotel if he lived so close by. It's relatively close. A check on his name reveals he's lived in quite a few cities and States. Primarily Missouri, and at an Air Force Base at some point.

Not that it should matter, but I wondered why he'd be staying in that hotel if he lived so close by. It's relatively close. A check on his name reveals he's lived in quite a few cities and States. Primarily Missouri, and at an Air Force Base at some point.

Quite a few cities and states huh? Maybe doing a geographic?

Something must be seriously wrong with this man.

Every time I hear one of these stories I can't help but think that my father shot my mother, years ago, and my sister and I were in bed with her. He started to just leave us and we begged him to take us with him because it was scarry by ourselves.

Just finally decided to reply, I've been reading so many of these nasty cases and I have lived 50 years since so I know some of what it can do to families for generations.

Every time I hear one of these stories I can't help but think that my father shot my mother, years ago, and my sister and I were in bed with her. He started to just leave us and we begged him to take us with him because it was scarry by ourselves.

Just finally decided to reply, I've been reading so many of these nasty cases and I have lived 50 years since so I know some of what it can do to families for generations.

Oh jal.....I am so sorry that you had to experience something like that. I wish I could reach out and give you a hug ((((((((jal)))))))))).

This report (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/30/national/main3980773.shtml) indicates:
"The children's mother was notified, but details about custody of the children was not yet clear, Clifford said."

One of the videos I watched the reporter said the kids "lived with their father". :waitasec:

Jal-what a story...i grieve for you and your sister and what a choice you needed to make in an instant under such an incredible crime...

These parents are doing these crimes in the wrong order, as we all know. God bless the little babies...

Friends of mine were staying at this hotel Friday-today for a birthday party. I will see them tomorrow morning, so I will have to ask what they heard. How awful for this poor mother.

How awful for you and your sister! Families are never the same after something like this happens. And it's happening more and more often it seems.

This is just awful:furious: ! Some poor mother is going to be in unbearable grief at the hands of this monster. I will never be able to understand how parents can kill their children, I would do anything possible to protect mine.

Jal, please know my heart just broke for you. I am so sorry for your pain. So very, very sorry.

THIS is the case: 56004FL that has been going on since 7/2006, and still had activity up until last week. I'm assuming he wasn't happy with how it ended. And we are talking someone who had some deep pockets if they could spend this much for this long on a divorce and custody.

THOSE POOR KIDS. :(

(((((((((((((((((jal))))))))))))))))))))

Salem

Someone knew he had a problem in 2006:
08/02/2006 Docket Number: 25 Docket Description: ORDER, TEMPORARY CUSTODY Docket Type: Docket Ruling Judge: RUBIN, RONALD B Docket Text: TEMPORARY ORDER OF COURT (RUBIN, J.) THAT PLAINTIFF'S EMERGENCY MOTION FOR TEMPORARY SOLE LEGAL/PHYSICAL CUSTODY IS GRANTED; THAT PLAINTIFF IS HEREBY GRANTED SOLE LEGAL/PHYSICAL CUSTODY OF PARTIES MINOR CHILDREN; DEFENDANT SHALL HAVE VISITATION WITH SUPERVISED BY A MUTUALLY AGREED UPON SUPERVISOR IN THE HOME ONLY, THAT TEMPORARY USE AND POSSESSION OF THE PLAINTIFF'S HOME IS GRANTED TO THE PLAINTIFF; ORDERED, THAT AN EXPEDITED SCHEDULING CONFERENCE AND PENDENTE LITE HEARING SCHEDULED FOR 08/09/2006, ENTERED. (COPIES MAILED)

(He's the defendant, Amy Castillo is the plaintiff)

Later on in 2006 he is ordered to undergo a mental health exam, and then ordered to continue some kind of therapy.

THIS is the case: 56004FL that has been going on since 7/2006, and still had activity up until last week. I'm assuming he wasn't happy with how it ended. And we are talking someone who had some deep pockets if they could spend this much for this long on a divorce and custody.

THOSE POOR KIDS. :(

I just got through reading it. It was a long drawn out and ugly custody and divorce battle wasn't it?

Someone knew he had a problem in 2006:
08/02/2006 Docket Number: 25 Docket Description: ORDER, TEMPORARY CUSTODY Docket Type: Docket Ruling Judge: RUBIN, RONALD B Docket Text: TEMPORARY ORDER OF COURT (RUBIN, J.) THAT PLAINTIFF'S EMERGENCY MOTION FOR TEMPORARY SOLE LEGAL/PHYSICAL CUSTODY IS GRANTED; THAT PLAINTIFF IS HEREBY GRANTED SOLE LEGAL/PHYSICAL CUSTODY OF PARTIES MINOR CHILDREN; DEFENDANT SHALL HAVE VISITATION WITH SUPERVISED BY A MUTUALLY AGREED UPON SUPERVISOR IN THE HOME ONLY, THAT TEMPORARY USE AND POSSESSION OF THE PLAINTIFF'S HOME IS GRANTED TO THE PLAINTIFF; ORDERED, THAT AN EXPEDITED SCHEDULING CONFERENCE AND PENDENTE LITE HEARING SCHEDULED FOR 08/09/2006, ENTERED. (COPIES MAILED)

(He's the defendant, Amy Castillo is the plaintiff)

Later on in 2006 he is ordered to undergo a mental health exam, and then ordered to continue some kind of therapy.

Whoa. TM, you are good. All I could find was that Amy who I believe goes by the name Adonay as well purchased a home and his name was not on it. Looking up his addy it seems to be an apartment. The home that was purchased wasn't inexpensive. Those poor kids. I can't even imagine the fear they had.

It would be interesting to see what the family caseworker's reports said that were filed with the judge.

Someone can probably read the case file better than me. But it appears the mother refused visitation under the threat of contempt of court and it eventually cost her custody of the kids. Regardless of the fathers ability of compentency to take care of this kids. Am I reading that correctly?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back