MD - Anthony, 6, Austin, 4, & Athena Castillo, 2, drowned, Baltimore, 29 March 2008

Every time I hear one of these stories I can't help but think that my father shot my mother, years ago, and my sister and I were in bed with her. He started to just leave us and we begged him to take us with him because it was scarry by ourselves.

Just finally decided to reply, I've been reading so many of these nasty cases and I have lived 50 years since so I know some of what it can do to families for generations.

Hi Jal,
I'm sorry to welcome you to the board on this post. I'm so sorry what you had to endure as a young child and also glad you're father chose to save you and your sister's life. Just curious, did he take you w/ him and raise you?

Years ago, I worked in a children's home where this young girl had witnessed her dad shoot her mom in their garage. It was heartbreaking, but so rewarding to spend time talking and loving on this child.

You've lived a full life and must be stronger, yet hardened by your ordeal. Hugs to you!:blowkiss:

Jal, I wish there was a way to perform a quantum leap thru cypberspace and give you a huge hug. The horror you lived through, and survived is a perfect example of what I often tell my children. True "heroe's" are people you will probably never read about in the local paper. Your story was big news, I am sure when it first happened. On many levels, the REAL story has been born out through numerous anniversary dates, holidays, and chance encounters over the many years that you have survived. KNOW that WE care, and that WE are proud of YOU! Your voice in the midst of this current tragedy gives me strength. As a Christian, I feel confident those children are resting in heaven, and were comforted through their fear by an angel. The surviving Mother, however.... Oh God!!! I wish I could speak with her and give her a hug. My heart breaks for Jal, for the current Mother, ....... for far too many.

Thank you for all the hugs. I've lived a pretty average life with many of the normal problems, am a christian and still have friends from first grade. I've been watching this MB since Lacy Petersen. I think as I'm older now I have more time to reflect back on everything. The thing I don't understand is its a situation no body has talked about in all these years, no one on my mothers side of the family or my fathers side of the family or my father (he is dead now). I will stop now before I get carried away.

I think as I'm older now I have more time to reflect back on everything. The thing I don't understand is its a situation no body has talked about in all these years, no one on my mothers side of the family or my fathers side of the family or my father (he is dead now). I will stop now before I get carried away.
Oh jal you can get carried away if you want. All you want. Besides it wouldn't be getting carried away. In no way can I even remotely empathize with you, but if it helps a tiny bit I don't think you are alone with family not talking. My grandfather was murdered when my mom was a child. Nobody talks about it. We knew never to ask questions. I think it was just always too painful for the family. Again it's not like your situation, but I see now as my mom is older how she's reflecting and talking about it more. I do know it directly effected how she raised us and how we raised our children. I see through my own therapy just how much of an impact this had on my mom by her not speaking of it. It kind of was always like "It won't bring him back". Again I am so very sorry for your pain. I'm glad you can post.

I googled the name Amy A. Castillo and there is a physician in Maryland by that name. She is a neonatologist/pediatrician. I wonder if this is the same person....

I googled the name Amy A. Castillo and there is a physician in Maryland by that name. She is a neonatologist/pediatrician. I wonder if this is the same person....

It may be. That wasn't a cheap hotel they were at.

According to the court records, her middle name is Ashley and she worked at a hospital. I can't remember the name of the hospital right now....

I just started listening, and they are at reporter's questions. Anything interesting?

Children were not returned home by 8:30pm Saturday. Mom made a call to LE Saturday night. Indications of an ongoing custody and mental health issue. My words I can't recall the correct phraising.

Suzi, I don't know if you had a chance to look at the court records, but it had to be obvious to someone that this case was trouble. It certainly sounds like the mom knew. There are PAGES of docket records out there from 2006. :(

May the deciders of the court which allowed these children unsupervised contact with the father rot in a deep, dark place. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Suzi, I don't know if you had a chance to look at the court records, but it had to be obvious to someone that this case was trouble. It certainly sounds like the mom knew. There are PAGES of docket records out there from 2006. :(

Almost 300 dockets! IMO, that's alot. Mom tried to keep the kids from him. It's mentioned that LE made numerous visits to the home. I wonder how many visits LE made and why there is no criminal record for this guy?

Words are hard for me to express in this situation. This mother will never ever be the same again. The best thing we all can do is pray for her and her family. Her world for sure is shattered and devastated. The father obviously has some deep problems. I am always taken aback when these types of criminals pretend to harm themselves as he did with the reports of superficial cuts to his neck. They love themselves too much to inflict any real pain on themselves. Yet they take away the lives of precious and innocent children. He probably had a deep seated hate and contempt for this woman, wife or ex wife....and knew the best way to hurt her/destroy her would be to take away from her what she loved and valued the most...the children. Again the hate festers and rationality goes out the window. It will be interesting to see this story unfold.

This just breaks my heart! Did he hate the mother so much that it was appealing to him to kill his children? It sounds like the mom really tried to protect them from their father, it is sad the court didn't listen.:furious:

This just breaks my heart! Did he hate the mother so much that it was appealing to him to kill his children? It sounds like the mom really tried to protect them from their father, it is sad the court didn't listen.:furious:

Yes he must have hated the mother so much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian
Back